BajaNomad

The Grandpas and I

Penny F. - 6-8-2015 at 04:24 PM

I would like to take this time to say Thank you for being so Generous with us!! When I lost my Husband Murray 2 months ago I wasn't sure I could go on, but these Men helped me through my Pain and Heartache! They gave me unconditional Love, Support, and Most of All a reason to wake up each day!! They are the most important part of my Life now, and I will do whatever it takes to help them Live out their Lives with Love, Respect and Dignity!! So to each one of my Grandpas and their Caregivers, I say...You are Forever in my Heart!!! And to All of you who have given from the Heart to us I say...We are Eternally Grateful for all you do!! God Bless, Penny and the Grandpas

DianaT - 6-8-2015 at 05:26 PM

And here is a picture Juan took of nomad Nappo and his buddies who very recently put that great smile back on Penny's face with their visit and wonderful donations.

Always a work in progress and while Penny is thankful she has the grandpas in her life, they likewise are thankful for the day she and Murray showed up at their font door.

Maron - 6-8-2015 at 08:39 PM

Penny,

The blessings go many ways: to you, the grandpas and to all who help in which/what ever why they can.

Stay strong

BajaBlanca - 6-8-2015 at 09:43 PM

good on Nappo and buddies ! They are some very cool amigos!

good on the Granpa's

and good on you Penny! May God continue to guide you.

shari - 6-9-2015 at 07:38 AM

Penny, I am so glad you are surrounded by loving grandpas! You are reaping what you have sown. My respects to Nappo and his gang...they have always been at the top of the A list for guests as they always give more than they take from Baja and it's people.

Nappo - 6-14-2015 at 09:51 PM

Penny, after visiting and dropping off donations and then a great fishing trip to BOLA with 7 UCSB amigos, must tell you that all of us were more impressed and touched by what you do for the grandpas than the fish we caught! You are an amazing woman, and we will be back! Hope others will take the 4-5 minute detour to drop off any donation. Think they don't need it - wrong - they need it. Anyone going south just needs to do this!!! Ok, sorry about the lecture, but, please consider stopping by and helping this wonderful effort spearheaded by Penny!

tripledigitken - 6-14-2015 at 09:52 PM

+1

Penny F. - 6-15-2015 at 06:59 AM

Nappo, hope you saw the pictures of us painting the Home inside and out!! What a hoot, the Grandpas and I were covered in paint!! Thanks to you snd your Best Buddies, our house isn now Fresh and full of Love!! It's people like you and so many others, that keep this Amazing Home going!!! THANK YOU!! Love, Penny and the Grandpas

DianaT - 6-15-2015 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Nappo  
Penny, after visiting and dropping off donations and then a great fishing trip to BOLA with 7 UCSB amigos, must tell you that all of us were more impressed and touched by what you do for the grandpas than the fish we caught! You are an amazing woman, and we will be back! Hope others will take the 4-5 minute detour to drop off any donation. Think they don't need it - wrong - they need it. Anyone going south just needs to do this!!! Ok, sorry about the lecture, but, please consider stopping by and helping this wonderful effort spearheaded by Penny!

IMHO, one thing that is so impressive is that this is not a care facility, not like a USA convalescent hospital, this is a HOME full of genuine love and care. I think all of us would be so fortunate to experience this in our declining years. Here are a few pictures of what has been happening.

The before, the work, and the beautiful new outside --- Nappo and group really helped this happen.

And inside ---Isais working with a smile.

And a volunteer group showed up and gave all of Penny's grandpas hair cuts and pedicures that are so important in the care of the elderly. So the house and the grandpas were all spiffed up.

Penny had been responsible for getting so many involved, and now her bilingual neighbor, Maria, is teaching Juan English and Penny says Isais is also learning and they are both very happy to be learning.

While the grandpas have been a real lifeline for Penny during this very difficult time, Penny is their guardian angel.

It just makes me smile to see the nomads who have participated, and will continue to participate. And on a very personal level, I am still overwhelmed by the response I received when we put out the call for the help that Penny needed during her personal crisis.

I think that everyone needs a real genuine hug now and again, so if you are going to visit, e -mail Penny to be sure she will be there. She is full of hugs. :-) freelandib222@live.com