BajaNomad

Mexican SENRTI pass

treuboff - 6-9-2015 at 07:07 PM

Dear Global Entry Member:

Do you travel by air frequently to Mexico? Do you want to avoid lines at Mexican immigration like you do when entering the United States? If you answer yes to these questions, you might be interested in joining Mexico’s Programa Viajero Confiable (Trusted Traveler Program).

Already operational at three airports (Mexico City, San Jose del Cabo and Cancun), and soon to arrive at 10 more, Programa Viajero Confiable offers expedited clearance when entering Mexico, the same type of service that you’ve grown accustomed to with Global Entry at U.S. international airports.

Information about applying can be found here: http://www.viajeroconfiable.inm.gob.mx/index.php/home/. The process includes an online application, one fee for 5 years of membership, and an in-person interview.

Don’t waste any more time! Apply today! Time is money!

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

4Cata - 6-9-2015 at 10:35 PM

Thanks Treuboff, now if their computer system will accept my last name which contains an apostrophe. Got stranded in Amsterdaam once when KLM's system kicked me out because of "that thing in your name", lol. They didn't even have the name for apostrophe. How in the dickens does Conan O'Brien travel? There are thousands of folks with O' something. Ridiculous.

Udo - 6-10-2015 at 08:28 AM

This program is similar to the SENTRI program, but is called GLOBAL ENTRY.
You have to go through the same background check as in SENTRI, and have to go to your nearest SETRI point of entry.

Cost is the same as SENTRI.

DENNIS - 6-10-2015 at 08:40 AM

"Mexican SENTRI pass"
====================

I think this is a misnomer. It isn't a Mexican document.

SFandH - 6-10-2015 at 09:17 AM

I'm not sure, but it sounds like a Mexican program to me. From the homepage:
-------------------------------------------------
The Mexican Immigration Institute has designed a program to allow quick and secure entry into Mexico through automated kiosks located at participating airports.

The program is targeted to Mexican citizens and U.S. citizen Global Entry members:

Mexican citizens
U.S. citizens who are members of Global Entry
---------------------------------------------------------------

Note: available to "U.S. citizens who are members of Global Entry"

To me it sounds like a Mexican program to enable Americans who are members of Global Entry to enter Mexico quickly using machines at Mexican airports and a database maintained by the Mexican government.

[Edited on 6-10-2015 by SFandH]

DENNIS - 6-10-2015 at 10:21 AM

OK...but I don't believe Mexico issues the document.

bajaguy - 6-10-2015 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

OK...but I don't believe Mexico issues the document.

This is an INM program

Information about applying can be found here:
http://www.viajeroconfiable.inm.gob.mx/index.php/home/

bajaguy - 6-10-2015 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
This program is similar to the SENTRI program, but is called GLOBAL ENTRY.
You have to go through the same background check as in SENTRI, and have to go to your nearest SETRI point of entry.

Cost is the same as SENTRI.

This is not a US program, it is a Mexican Immigration program called Viajero Confiable

If you have a US Global Entry clearance, you can apply for the Mexican Viajero Confiable (Trusted Traveler) program.

capitolkat - 6-10-2015 at 11:54 AM

Unfortunately if you are a residente permanente you are not eligible to register for the program. I'm a global entry member and got the email advisory and checked out the requirements for signing up- and thus, because of my RP status - no love.

gallesram - 6-10-2015 at 12:13 PM

I went through the online application process (it's in English) but got stuck when they asked for payment. They actually charged my credit card but I couldn't continue with the online application because it said that I hadn't paid. At that point I gave up since my Spanish isn't very good and I had no clue who to call to try and fix it. I did get the charge reversed through BofA. The lines in DF seem a lot better than they used to be so I'll just endure.

karenintx - 6-10-2015 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by capitolkat  
Unfortunately if you are a residente permanente you are not eligible to register for the program. I'm a global entry member and got the email advisory and checked out the requirements for signing up- and thus, because of my RP status - no love.

Which airport do you fly into? At the SJD airport the Mexican INM allows all R/P & T/P to go through the Mexican INM line which makes the process much faster. I always speak to the INM agents in Spanish and tell them I am happy to be back home! They always smile back.

Recently I asked one of the agents if all airports in Mexico have the same procedure to which he said..."No, here (SJD) we do it as a courtesy."

I had heard about this new Mexican INM program. For me I do not see a reason to apply. I do have the USA Global Entry..it is the best $100 I have ever spent!

DENNIS - 6-10-2015 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

"Mexican SENTRI pass"
====================

I think this is a misnomer. It isn't a Mexican document.

As mentioned...SENTRI is not a Mexico document regardless of how they accept it.

KareninTX

capitolkat - 6-11-2015 at 03:49 PM

Karen I generally fly into San Jose del Cabo but sometimes into Guadalajara from Chicago and make the jump to La Paz. Like you I process through the resident lines at immigration and it's generally painless. The GDL folks also have been letting my wife and me use the resident lines for returning to MX from the states, so won't miss much by not being allowed to sign up for MX global entry status.

like you the global entry is a great asset when returning to the states.

Ateo - 6-12-2015 at 11:51 AM

Here's what I got in an email from them:
Dear Global Entry Member:

Do you travel by air frequently to Mexico? Do you want to avoid lines at Mexican immigration like you do when entering the United States? If you answer yes to these questions, you might be interested in joining Mexico’s Programa Viajero Confiable (Trusted Traveler Program).

Already operational at three airports (Mexico City, San Jose del Cabo and Cancun), and soon to arrive at 10 more, Programa Viajero Confiable offers expedited clearance when entering Mexico, the same type of service that you’ve grown accustomed to with Global Entry at U.S. international airports.

Information about applying can be found here: http://www.viajeroconfiable.inm.gob.mx/index.php/home/. The process includes an online application, one fee for 5 years of membership, and an in-person interview.

Don’t waste any more time! Apply today! Time is money!