BajaNomad

Punta Chivato - Large Designer Home - For Sale

Russ - 6-11-2015 at 11:23 AM

Oh Boy ! If you're interested in a large spacious home with a killer 360º view you'll love this!

More photos here: http://s232.photobucket.com/user/Russinbaja/library/Jean%20-...

[Edited on 6-11-2015 by Russ]

Whale-ista - 6-11-2015 at 12:52 PM

Wow- stunning! Beautiful home, good luck with sale.

Could it be a spectacular BnB for the right people?

shari - 6-11-2015 at 01:46 PM

what a spectacular home! sorry to hear they are moving back stateside for health reasons. I wonder if they will sell their place here in Asuncion too?

wsdunc - 6-11-2015 at 02:30 PM

Sorry you have to leave, you were my Punta Chivato contact. Good luck with the sale.

bajafam - 6-11-2015 at 02:30 PM

Stunning home :cool:

Hook - 6-11-2015 at 04:01 PM

I notice that the Costa Cardonal website still talks about the community center in the future tense, as it has for several years. Was that ever completed?

chuckie - 6-11-2015 at 04:02 PM

Sorry! But it doesnt belong in Baja...To me it epitomozises (sp) all the things that have changed our Baja into a "mine is bigger than yours" society..Yuppyism at the max..........Chivato used to be such a nice place....

Russ - 6-11-2015 at 05:29 PM

Shari, It is sad! They are in no rush to leave, thank god. They have had a really good run down here, as you know, and are getting ready for the next phase. Yes, their B&B is also for sale and we're working on a write up on it now.
--There will be no change in their operation for some time so any clients seeing this should know to make reservations as usual cuz Ed & Jean will be there . http://www.bahiaasuncionbb.com/
--Hook, yep the Costa Cardonal website is old and many improvements have taken place over the years since it was updated including the completion of the community center.
chuckie , Welcome to the 21st century. Yuppyism? That dates you as far as you having anything to do with the world in several decades. Punta Chivato left your idea of "Baja" soon after ejido members started selling lots. But we still haven't power, state water or paved road so the folks for the most part have the old Baja spirit.
Back to this home...
It surely would make a great B&B

[Edited on 6-12-2015 by Russ]

LancairDriver - 6-11-2015 at 05:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sorry! But it doesnt belong in Baja...To me it epitomozises (sp) all the things that have changed our Baja into a "mine is bigger than yours" society..Yuppyism at the max..........Chivato used to be such a nice place....

Beautiful home. Hey, if they can afford it why should they sleep on the sand in a Palapa? I doubt they were trying to flaunt this place in Chivato. They could have played with the high rollers in Cabo if they chose to. I agree it is not in tune with the "old Baja" we all love, but you can't stop "progress".

carlosg - 6-11-2015 at 06:43 PM

As I can recall Jean mentioned that the project was developed by an Architect who was very influenced or worked for the Master of Architects: Mr Frank Lloyd Wright...

http://fallingwater.org/

http://www.franklloydwright.org/home/index.html

And it's not difficult to understand, just by observing the way the volumetric forms and shapes are executed... A great housse in a great place... ahh Punta Chivato...

Russ - 6-11-2015 at 07:25 PM

Jean e-mailed me she is having troubles trying to get signed back in on the Nomads. She said the B&B will open July 1st. Hopefully we'll figure out how to get her back here to answer questions.

BajaBlanca - 6-11-2015 at 09:35 PM

We have been in this home and it is stunningly beautiful. Some lucky person will be very happy!

Good luck in your next phase Jean and Ed!

BajaLuna - 6-14-2015 at 01:32 PM

What a beautiful design, ohhhhh and location, location location!

woody with a view - 6-14-2015 at 01:54 PM

i am continually playing SuperLotto so with all of your good wishes i just may be the one who scores this gem!

tipper - 6-24-2015 at 01:15 PM

Woody,

How about the mini-super lotto. We have reduced the price to $275,000. We sold all the toys already, but there's whale sharks and dolphins and lots of beautiful sand... keep on buying those tickets!
JEAN

durrelllrobert - 6-24-2015 at 04:01 PM

Home is beautiful but I'm just curious about just how big this "LARGE PUNTA CHIVATO DESIGNER" you speak of is?:biggrin:

tipper - 6-28-2015 at 08:27 AM

Bob, the house is around 3000 sq.ft. , has 3 levels, top is roof top patio. Great room on main floor. There are covered patios on 2 sides, a traditional Palm palapa and an enclosed garden. We built it for year round living...so have an outdoor space on all 4 sides...totally under roof more like 4000sqft.

tipper - 8-23-2015 at 08:38 AM

Hello all. Just an update...we have dropped the price to $245k...alas. So Woody, how is the lottery ticket buying???
Thanks for passing it on...jean