BajaNomad

Need help rescuing a dog in Ciudad Constitucion

Angelos - 6-18-2015 at 07:53 PM

Anyone traveling to or through Ciudad Constitucion? We are looking for a little dog there. A motorcylist was traveling through, stopped to feed and care for a dog but couldn't take the dog on his motorcyle. Now in Tijuana, he misses the little dog and wants to adopt it. If you see this dog and your are traveling through Constitucion and can secure it for us, please email me at charlene@svcrossroads.com. We have a whole network of people trying to get this dog back to La Paz to a foster home or up to Tijuana. Thanks! Here are the GPS coordinates where the dog eats: https://goo.gl/maps/VeD0A .

[Edited on 6-19-2015 by BajaNomad]

Marie-Rose - 6-18-2015 at 07:59 PM

Good luck Charlene. Nothing but good helpful people here. Hope this pup finds his way to his new friend and home.

gnukid - 6-18-2015 at 09:03 PM

That's a dog with a home and food, look how well cared for it is, you can't pick up every dog just cause you want it.

mtgoat666 - 6-18-2015 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
That's a dog with a home and food, look how well cared for it is, you can't pick up every dog just cause you want it.

It does look like a healthy pet. Probably not a stray. Based on pics. But, who knows, eh?

Marie-Rose - 6-18-2015 at 10:28 PM

There is someone who spent time with this dog who was hungry and appeared to be injured. If someone comes across him, finds he does not have a home, this person would like to help...period. I am sure he is not interested in stealing him.

Angelos - 6-19-2015 at 06:16 AM

gnukid and others - I am in agreement that we must always be sure a dog does not have an owner before taking it. To take a dog with an owner is property theft in Mexico and I, for one, am not fond of Mexican jails. Besides the fact that it is just plain wrong and I do not support people doing this.

That said, we do not believe the dog has a home as it is fed scraps by the restaurant workers who confirmed it to be a stray.

He has an injured back leg that needs medical attention. Owner or no, we have people that would like to see this dog get help for that.

If you find this dog please call Yo Amo a Mi Mascotas (Dalia) al 6121008044. This is a local shelter helping us with this effort.

Thank you - I hope I have relieved you of your concerns about my being a dog thief. Don't need to steal - there are plenty to go around . . .