BajaNomad

Reasons to drink

Osprey - 6-21-2015 at 05:58 AM

For all adult Nomads who usually consume alcoholic beverages: some times we might feel a little guilty when we imbibe to excess but click this link, save it and you may use it from now on as a very valid excuse for taking palliatives of every variety in any amount and at any time. It is not a celebratory message so be forewarned. I have no idea of it's primary source.

http://www.reddit.com/r/collapse/comments/311m7d/collapse_da...

bajaguy - 6-21-2015 at 06:21 AM

Ah, but the comments are great!!

vandenberg - 6-21-2015 at 06:22 AM

I'll drink to that !!:P

chuckie - 6-21-2015 at 06:47 AM

Fathers day.....Your kids drive you to it.....

bajaunbob - 6-21-2015 at 07:13 AM

One bit of good news in the list:
"50% of Human Sperm Counts gone since 1950."

While a generally agree with the "doom-and-gloom" list, I seriously question the accuracy of the numbers. No source given - or did I miss it?

bezzell - 6-21-2015 at 07:45 AM

please, it's all a conspiracy! Just ask the Savage Nation!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

durrelllrobert - 6-21-2015 at 08:42 AM

The summer soltice also occurs today in about 1 hour (9:39 AM to be exact) so so please all join me for a toast at that time. Mine will be the original Mexican bloody Mary, La sangre de Marķa, with plenty of Tequilla.:bounce::bounce:

durrelllrobert - 6-21-2015 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaunbob  

While a generally agree with the "doom-and-gloom" list, I seriously question the accuracy of the numbers. No source given - or did I miss it?

Anoter bit of trivia: Mother's day always occurs 9 months, more or less, after Fater's night.

Skipjack Joe - 6-21-2015 at 09:23 AM

Well that's depressing as hell.

Osprey - 6-21-2015 at 09:26 AM

Just the first page sent me to the tienda for a six pack of loud mouth and the more I read the more I'm convinced I'll be going back later for anything wet with a worm in it. (don't respond to that -- don't be silly)

bezzell - 6-21-2015 at 09:34 AM

get out there and slay some more of god's creations !!

David K - 6-21-2015 at 09:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaunbob  

Anoter bit of trivia: Mother's day always occurs 9 months, more or less, after Fater's night.

LOL!

baitcast - 6-21-2015 at 10:54 AM

I haven't had but two beers in the last year an half but after reading that I think I'll go out an buy something I can"t afford and a 12 pack, throw away the nitro and get chit-faced:lol:
Rob PS........Might as well get a pack of smokes as well.

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by baitcast]

pauldavidmena - 6-21-2015 at 01:00 PM

Looking on the bright side, maybe if we all drink ourselves to death as quickly as possible, the earth will be able to reverse the current trend toward annihilation and recover long enough for another species to emerge as the Destroyer in Charge.

woody with a view - 6-21-2015 at 01:17 PM

Quote:

We must produce more food in the next 50 years than we have in the past 10,000 years combined.

If that don't make you wanna drink guilt free, I dunno what will!

woody with a view - 6-21-2015 at 01:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Looking on the bright side, maybe if we all drink ourselves to death as quickly as possible, the earth will be able to reverse the current trend toward annihilation and recover long enough for another species to emerge as the Destroyer in Charge.

Paul I was listening to Coast to Coast radio yesterday and they had a guy on who says there are pictures that the Russians have and pictures that NASA has that show the same place on the moon where there are geometric structures that do not exist in nature. The guy said the pictures are available on Art Bell.com so that just goes to show you that there was someone here before us they'll be someone here after us. Commence happy hour!

Osprey - 6-21-2015 at 01:32 PM

Woody, hate to dash your hopes but to get to the moon you need to reach escape velocity. They measure that in horsepower and that correlates to population (make the rocket, the fuel, do the math, etc.) so if they were here, they were many and if that's all they left behind they were a silly, sad bunch. No way we can destroy all the stuff we made and neither could they.

woody with a view - 6-21-2015 at 02:36 PM

Who says they came from here?

Osprey - 6-21-2015 at 03:11 PM

Closest place is 5 light years away. At the speed of our current space travelers they would have had to leave when our planet was still forming and then slow down (try that) orbit earth, find a way to land then find some way to survive in our then atmosphere. Why would they want to land on our moon? From Cassiopeia they would have easier targets going the other way (don't know what the other way is called in space). The moon would be like going to Puertocitas when they could go to Jackson Hole just as easy.

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by Osprey]

SFandH - 6-21-2015 at 03:39 PM

Back to reasons to drink.......

Just spent the better part of the day reading about Medicare Advantage, Medigap A thru Z Plans, various hospitals, clinics, and doctors in my area.........

doughnut holes, co-pays, co-insurance, formularies, annual maximums, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

now horsepower to escape and men on the moon from Cassiopeeya (above)

yikes

GIMMIE A BEER!!!

salud

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by SFandH]

Osprey - 6-21-2015 at 03:41 PM

What's a doughnut hole in health care/insurance?

SFandH - 6-21-2015 at 03:43 PM

it has to do with prescription drug coverage, naturally.

http://www.medicareinteractive.org/page2.php?topic=counselor...

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by SFandH]

woody with a view - 6-21-2015 at 03:45 PM

13 billion years for this universe/6million years of a humanoid walking upright. How long would it take if life were vaporized on earth until no trace of us existed? I mean, the pyramids of Egypt are 5k years old....

Fun to think about over this beer.

SFandH - 6-21-2015 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
How long would it take if life were vaporized on earth until no trace of us existed?

23 minutes, drink up!!

pauldavidmena - 6-21-2015 at 03:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
What's a doughnut hole in health care/insurance?

A munchkin? :lol:

woody with a view - 6-21-2015 at 03:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
How long would it take if life were vaporized on earth until no trace of us existed?

23 minutes, drink up!!

CHUG, CHUG....

i meant to add "until the skyscrapers ceased to exist, and everything man has created."

CHUG....

AKgringo - 6-21-2015 at 03:57 PM

I am thinking of a 'Far Side' cartoon from quite a few years back. Two guys fishing from a small boat, viewing a mushroom cloud over a city in the distance, the caption;
You know what this means, no size restrictions, and screw the limit!

vgabndo - 6-21-2015 at 04:30 PM

Yeah, like they say in the emergency Room "No matter how severe, all bleeding stops eventually." Clearly, this will not end well. I recommend Orlov's book "Reinventing Collapse" for some clues about how to survive the inevitable collapse of the USA. He makes some very cogent comparisons with the collapse of the Soviet Union. It'll be worse here. In the USSR there were very few mortgages to be foreclosed by predatory bankers so people could stay in their homes, and most Russian families knew how to grow a family garden, and had one. The suicide rate in the USSR went through the ceiling. A preview of coming attractions! It was quite an eye-opener for me to realize that I was already too poor to legally immigrate to Mexico. Have a nice day! :-)

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by vgabndo]

SFandH - 6-21-2015 at 04:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
It was quite an eye-opener for me to realize that I was already too poor to legally immigrate to Mexico.

Interesting remark!! Certainly true for many, many Americans.

bajabuddha - 6-21-2015 at 05:59 PM

Yeah, like they say in the emergency Room "No matter how severe, all bleeding stops eventually." Clearly, this will not end well. I recommend Orlov's book "Reinventing Collapse" for some clues about how to survive the inevitable collapse of the USA. He makes some very cogent comparisons with the collapse of the Soviet Union. It'll be worse here. In the USSR there were very few mortgages to be foreclosed by predatory bankers so people could stay in their homes, and most Russian families knew how to grow a family garden, and had one. The suicide rate in the USSR went through the ceiling. A preview of coming attractions! It was quite an eye-opener for me to realize that I was already too poor to legally immigrate to Mexico. Have a nice day! :-)

[Edited on 6-21-2015 by vgabndo]

Vags, I love you to tears, and your and my philosophies coincide more than just a little, except for one minor point;

Why T. F. should us, at our age, be reading such depressing, hypertension-inducing future-melt-down potential cataclysmic drivel when we can be fishing, reading Hustler (or Reader's Digest) or ANYTHING ELSE rather than live the few moments we have in terror, annihilation, and general ''downer-ship" rather than something relaxing/stimulating/reminiscent of good memories? We've done what we could; now is the time to enjoy the remainder of "The Good Life", que no, amigo?

To quote Hee Haw:
Gloom, despair, and agony on me...
Deep dark depression, excessive misory.
If it warn't fer bad luck I'd have no luck at awl.......
Gloom, despair, and agony on me !!

(Play "Bobby McFerrin" here)

:( :lol: :smug: ;) :coolup:

vandenberg - 6-21-2015 at 06:10 PM

It was quite an eye-opener for me to realize that I was already too poor to legally immigrate to Mexico.

If you are thinking of moving to Mexico for economic reasons, better think again. Living here is rapidly becoming more expensive than the States.

vgabndo - 6-21-2015 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  

If you are thinking of moving to Mexico for economic reasons, better think again. Living here is rapidly becoming more expensive than the States.

My experience was that over a 15 month period I consistently saved money on an allotment of $600. a month. (this does not include US registration and insurance on my truck) The truck stayed parked most of the time and I could ride my quad for daily things when I didn't choose to walk. If I'd had the minimum income required by the Mexican government, I'd have had $1,100.00 more than I needed every month.

However, my desire to immigrate wasn't all about economics. We can, obviously, never go backwards, but I am increasingly convinced that I'd have had a happier life if I had been born Mexican. I am deeply disappointed in what the USA has become and there is about zero chance that that situation will change appreciably in my life time. I love the Mexican people and their culture. As it is, with a little luck, my sand will run out before I have to watch Civil War II consume my grand kids.

Sweetwater - 6-23-2015 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  

Yup, the standards of living outside the US are rising and that means higher expenses. The solution to high living costs both in and out of the US is to own your property outright and live in a sustainable location. My truck is on a battery tender and gets used only for truck chores (becoming fewer and fewer). My car is used 1-2 days a week, bicycles and motos the remainder of the week. I can walk for groceries and have hard goods delivered to my door. Keep the cash flow positive and it won't matter where you live, you'll thrive. I do agree that it's getting tougher on the young but they're competing with that 7+ bazillion population pressure. Oh, did I mention getting an education? Those really pay off in the longer run.....

Osprey - 6-23-2015 at 12:24 PM

Buddha boy, you think you can just drop that little piece of jolly jester crap and walk away without a comment?

Just how jolly and uncaring are you about everything? How useless can a man become? I'll remind you that we are all passengers on this dirty jet and you're the one shouting that you don't care if we crash, when we crash, why we crash.

What do you care about? Are there people who care about you? Why shouldn't we hope you go first? Why aren't you sitting right in front of the pilot?

How jolly are you now podna?