BajaNomad

Coyote 300 - La Paz 21 June 2015

rts551 - 6-22-2015 at 02:53 PM

Class1 beat out the trophy trucks for overall win. 2 dead. One spectator and a quad racer. Police say it was the drivers fault in both cases. Truck went out of control killing a 16 yer old. Quad was too close to a spectators car and hit it.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/falta-de-precaucion-la-causa-de-la...

[Edited on 6-23-2015 by rts551]

Katiejay99 - 6-23-2015 at 05:45 AM

I was at the finish line at Tecolote Beach for this race. On my way to the beach from Todos Santos there was a section of Highway 19 where the racers crossed. It was crazy. People were everywhere and many standing within 5 feet of where the cars went zooming by. As the cars crossed the 4 lanes of highway - they whip tailed it going off of the roadway and I saw a couple of times that if the driver hadn't had a good hold on his vehicle it would have smashed right into the spectators. It was scary and awesome all in one.

There were police everywhere but I didn't see any of them trying to keep the public back. We were stopped while about 5 race cars went zooming past. Would it be the drivers fault or the spectators or the police if someone got hit? They appear to be blaming the drivers.