BajaNomad

Bay of LA and Villa Bahia

Terry28 - 6-23-2015 at 12:24 PM

This is 2 weeks late, but the first week of June we headed down to Villa Bahia with another couple for a 5 night stay...I had read sketchy reviews of the Villa but after contacting them for info.we went anyway...Glad we did...had a great time!! Place was clean, friendly and just what we wanted. Not 5 stars, but funky chic...daily maid service, very friendly and competent manager who asked daily if we needed anything. Free wifi and kayaks as advertised we will go back....Caught lots of big yellow tail, drank lots of cold pacifico, met new nice people...all in all a good time and we will go back and stay at the same place....and we met fellow nomads Woody and Bia, extremely nice people!!

Krishnamurphy sighting!

woody with a view - 6-23-2015 at 12:52 PM

Thanks for the BBQ and margarita's! good times with cool people.....

[Edited on 6-23-2015 by woody with a view]

DSCN4634_zpsryey7me1.jpg - 227kB

David K - 6-23-2015 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
This is 2 weeks late, but the first week of June we headed down to Villa Bahia with another couple for a 5 night stay...I had read sketchy reviews of the Villa but after contacting them for info.we went anyway...Glad we did...had a great time!! Place was clean, friendly and just what we wanted. Not 5 stars, but funky chic...daily maid service, very friendly and competent manager who asked daily if we needed anything. Free wifi and kayaks as advertised we will go back....Caught lots of big yellow tail, drank lots of cold pacifico, met new nice people...all in all a good time and we will go back and stay at the same place....and we met fellow nomads Woody and Bia, extremely nice people!!

Great to read a positive review... thank you!

Pappy Jon - 7-12-2015 at 09:16 AM

Glad they have cleaned the place up. After my visit last October I started looking for someplace else to stay. It was very run-down and the room was muddy.

BooJumMan - 7-12-2015 at 12:28 PM

We tried to stay there this past Feb and it looked nice to me... in fact the nicest rooms we looked at. However they were booked and couldn't get us in. We stayed at Daggets and to be honest I will not be going back there. Owners were nice, but the room was really run down the toilet had to be "fixed" after every flush and the shower was more like a leaky faucet without warm water. :/

Whale-ista - 7-12-2015 at 01:27 PM

Thank you for the report. I'm thinking of heading south to BOLA in August for whale sharks.

does this hotel allow pets? Do they have AC?

I usually camp but would love to get out of the heat in August.

Thank you

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  

Terry28 - 7-13-2015 at 09:37 AM

Yes, they have A.C., but remember they are off-grid and use solar and generators for power...In august I am pretty sure ac would be available 24/7...You can always email and ask..They respond pretty quickly.