That was fun. Thankx

Meany - 7-5-2015 at 07:11 AM

A Great Ride.

chuckie - 7-5-2015 at 07:24 AM

KOOL!!!!!!!

TMW - 7-5-2015 at 09:18 AM

Good stuff, I liked it. Thanks

SFandH - 7-5-2015 at 11:20 AM

Looks like fun. I spend 4 or so months per year around Bahia Concepcion in a RV with plenty of time on my hands. Hmmmm, not interested in a quad or a bike, but maybe a car like that, a new hobby for me.

Thanks for taking the time to post the video.

willyAirstream - 7-5-2015 at 01:13 PM

thanks guys, it was fun to put together.
SfH.. they are great to explore with as you can go anywhere and there are races and fun runs too. 20 of us are going from Mulege to San Juanico next weekend, camping, pig roast swimming in the mountains etc. So, there is always something going on with in a 2 hour drive. Check the classifieds in samba.com, race_dezert.com, as well as the off road mexican classifieds on facebook. If you are serious, let me know what your budget is and I will keep an eye out. The more cars the better. :)

TMW - 7-6-2015 at 11:30 AM

On your trip from Mulege to San Juanico will you be taking the Guajademi trail to San Isidro? If so let us know the road conditions.

willyAirstream - 7-6-2015 at 01:06 PM

Where is the Guajademi trail? Is that the off road route to San Isidro from SJ?

LaTijereta - 7-6-2015 at 07:19 PM

I would think you would take the Gregorio Trial from Mulege to Cadeje.. Should be some water in the canyons...

Look forward to the report.. :cool:

liknbaja127 - 7-6-2015 at 07:57 PM

Great car! Gill Gorge would be proud of that! Love the video. That is such a cool area. Hoping to get that way and do some road time in
the future. We have a little video of the NORRA, from this year, Check
out the Kellogg motor sports, on YouTube.

willyAirstream - 7-6-2015 at 09:05 PM

We will be going over the pass to La Ballena, Cadeje, then SJ. Coming back we will either take the hwy to the La Pri turn off or take the short cut then rt 53 to the hwy at km marker 162. I don't know the name of the trails.

Thx likinbaja. Gill has seen photos and I guess it is somewhat unique as it has factory raised roof bars. However, I raised it more being 6 3 and needing a suspension seat. Trying to track the cars history, but no luck so far. Hoping to do Norra next year.
The Norra video and the 2010 Baja mil video are super cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nmxjNF1BsY NORRA 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjkWuowimA Baja Mil 2010

TMW - 7-7-2015 at 10:14 AM

Here is a Google Earth view of the Guajademi trail in green from Mulege to San Isidro and the San Raymundo trail in blue. We did the Guajademi trail in 2012 and the San Raymundo trail last year.

willyAirstream - 7-7-2015 at 10:39 AM

We will be taking the San Raymundo trail over. Locals call it the La Ballena road. We will be taking 53 from San Isidro to the hwy. Al, on a moto and I took the Guajademi Rd in feb 2014 and it was a white knuckle trip to say the least. Friends tried it 2 or 3 months ago, with a 4x4 Cherokee and gave up on the first pass, past Paso Hondo. A couple of months ago, I went toward Guajademi Rd, but the first pass was full of rock slides. The Canyon and Cactus Valley are truly amazing places and I will be watching for it to become passable.

TMW - 7-7-2015 at 12:34 PM

Also note that the mileage on the sign at the Jct where the blue line and yellow line meet is wrong. The sign says La Ballena is 80KM or 50 miles. It is 38 miles.

willyAirstream - 7-7-2015 at 01:00 PM

but it feels like 50 miles lol

liknbaja127 - 7-7-2015 at 07:40 PM

Willy you will have a blast on the NORRA race! maybe we can help out each other, next year. I will u2u you with our plans for next year!
It is a really fun time:bounce:

Sweetwater - 7-8-2015 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
images and clips of the vintage Funco

https://vimeo.com/132606231

Nice, many folks don't realize how much work their suspension is doing, your vid really makes it obvious that the front end is working hard. Looks like a new set of shocks towards the end....

motoged - 7-8-2015 at 09:34 AM

Richard,
Thanks for the vid.....those roads are the cat's burro :cool:

I would encourage anyone with an adventurous spirit to "explore" that part of Baja west of Bahia Concepcion over to the Pacific....and you don't necessarily need off-road capability to see some of the terrain and vistas.....

willyAirstream - 7-8-2015 at 09:52 AM

Thanks for the pics Ged. Route 53 from the highway to LP is doable in anything with decent ground clearance and you can go out to Paso Hondo too. Beautiful area!!
Yep, new shocks, actually a new front end to suck up more bumps. About 12 inches of travel in front now, only 6 before. Rear is still at 6 which can lead to lawn darting, if one is not careful. lol
The hand held clips really tell the story.

MulegeAL - 7-9-2015 at 08:49 AM

That's pretty cool! Best part is I get to see baja backcountry without eating dust!
I recognize some of them pics too from our travels. No way a pic can convey how rough the tough sections are!

motoged - 7-9-2015 at 12:11 PM

Al,
What? Not eating dust? You have a good sense of your area there.....and the rough-stuff aspect....I just didn't want to discourage the less adventurous....

willyAirstream - 7-9-2015 at 12:20 PM

Ged, next time you are here, we will do the 100k from San Bruno to Mulege on the trails we raced on and you will be shocked. Much more difficult than anything I have done, but it is only for short periods, then a mile or so of normal trails, then back to the technical stuff. You will love it, on a light bike. I will post the track gps later.

motoged - 7-9-2015 at 12:57 PM

Richard....that sounds like a good plan.....pry Al of his couch and we can make it a rally :biggrin:

I won't be down again until December 2016.....but I wrote you down on my dance card :cool:

Xmas morning breakfast at Equipales Restaurant:

Margs later at Serenidad:

And later.....a nightcap at La Hacienda:

woody with a view - 7-10-2015 at 12:59 AM

Be careful when Ged is pouring drinks. That's all I gotta say!