she's Purdy!

chuckie - 7-14-2015 at 06:07 AM

And lusty!

bajabuddha - 7-14-2015 at 06:42 AM

Going to prove to be an interesting week ahead....[/b

Terry28 - 7-14-2015 at 09:59 AM

And Scorpion Bay should go off......

David K - 7-14-2015 at 10:07 AM

I hope this means no storm in the Cortez next week...

144608W5.gif - 25kB

shari - 7-14-2015 at 01:07 PM

looks like Dolores will be the surfers wet dream!

Udo - 7-14-2015 at 01:29 PM

I wish I would have had MAS OLS' phone number this past weekend. In all my years of going to Puerto Nuevo Which is about an hour's drive for him and Bia, I have never seen such perfectly shaped waves (between there and the hotel on the point).
The waves were about 6'. Ten second intervals, and the rides would have been at least 30 seconds long.

I could not stop staring at those magnificent waves!

woody with a view - 7-14-2015 at 01:59 PM

1-800-MAS-OLAS

ehall - 7-14-2015 at 03:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

It will probably create some nice breezes. lol How far South you headed?

David K - 7-14-2015 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

Nothing carved in stone, just the Sea of Cortez side... somewhere or multiple places!

Russ - 7-15-2015 at 04:41 AM

Nice Eye but you're not welcome here Dorlores

chuckie - 7-15-2015 at 05:48 AM

Might be bringing you some water?

Hook - 7-15-2015 at 05:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

Nothing carved in stone, just the Sea of Cortez side... somewhere or multiple places!

David, even without some spun off moisture from Dolores (which IS likely), there is a strong southerly flow setting up that likely will produce T-storms for many areas around the Sea. But if you stay north of, say, San Francisquito, you will probably avoid it.

If it were me, I'd do the BOLA, SFQ area. Looks like temp predictions are for lower than average temps for that area. Water is swimmable temps, too.

woody with a view - 7-15-2015 at 06:03 AM

they are calling for rain in SoCal this weekend with high temps and humidity!

I LOVE the rain in the summertime!

David K - 7-15-2015 at 08:17 AM

Yes, this morning's San Diego TV weather calls for rain this weekend, best chance in the mountains, but could make it to the coast.

Is there any newer storm south of Dolores?

Russ - 7-16-2015 at 05:52 AM

It's mostly cloudy here this morning. 82º ~ 76% ~ N 2mph The clouds don't look threatening yet

Dolores Thursday Morning 7-16-15

David K - 7-16-2015 at 11:21 AM

Dolores 7-16-15.jpg - 72kB

Any weather reports from Baja: Rain or wind??

[Edited on 7-16-2015 by David K]

Russ - 7-16-2015 at 12:29 PM

Still only light cloud cover here. Plenty sun for the solar system.

bajalinda - 7-16-2015 at 01:17 PM

Cloudy, hot and humid (La Aguja). No wind either. The humidity is a rarity here except for times like this when there is a storm going by. Can't wait for it to move on out!

Mula - 7-16-2015 at 04:04 PM

Couple of hard rain showers here in Lopez this afternoon.

Hot and humid.

No wind, either, but lots of wind in Insurgentes when I went there this noon time.

tiotomasbcs - 7-16-2015 at 04:13 PM

Dark clouds yesterday, no rain. 3:00 am this morning, light rain. Zero today but Hot and Humid!! Looks like we struck out, again. Very dry and arid with huge need of rain. People paranoid after Oldile but these storms hopefully will bring rain! I'm ready for Reggagae on the River. Summer in GN? Short time for me. :coolup: Tio

Russ - 7-16-2015 at 06:21 PM

The wind just picked up here. 15 to 20 mph and the clouds are thickening. Still nothing threatening in sight.

woody with a view - 7-16-2015 at 06:24 PM

she's Purdy!

David K - 7-16-2015 at 06:36 PM

Thanks Russ,
I just saw the live web cam at El Burro on Bahia Concepcion, and not fierce at all... yet!

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboa...

CaboSur - 7-16-2015 at 07:20 PM

8:15 PM 7/16

Here in San Jose del Cabo we haven't had a drop of rain from Dolores. The winds are light and skies are cloudy. Appears to be a repeat of T.S. Blanca

A few sprinkles tonight would sure be nice!

Ateo - 7-17-2015 at 07:00 AM

She's on her way north to give us SoCals a kiss. Please water my succulents Dolores. I'll be busy packing for 2 weeks in Baja!

bajabuddha - 7-17-2015 at 08:35 AM

'Fraid y'all are S.O.L. It's downgraded to a TS now and going out to sea; surf on the west coast if you're lucky. Sandy Eggo might get some moisture from a Tropical Depression first of the week, or is that first of the weak?

But, like the chips commercial, "Don't worry.... we'll make more...." ;)

Zola - 7-17-2015 at 08:00 PM

We had some light rain in San Juanico late this afternoon, with lightening flashes and thunder much later, which means that the storm wasn't close. The rain has stopped. It has been very humid, but the rain helped a little. It is magical, beautiful, very peaceful here.

Ateo - 7-18-2015 at 06:36 AM

Dolores ruins my garage sale. Thanks for raining on my clothes, tv's and lawn mowers. Yes, Oceanside is seeing some showers and thunder.

BajaNomad - 7-18-2015 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Dolores ruins my garage sale. Thanks for raining on my clothes, tv's and lawn mowers. Yes, Oceanside is seeing some showers and thunder.

Very atypical thunderstorm this morning along the North County San Diego coast.

bajaguy - 7-18-2015 at 07:07 AM

Open a Segunda!!

David K - 7-18-2015 at 07:08 AM

San Marcos (15 mi. SE of Oceanside)... Bolts of lightning and rain now falling! Tropical drama comes to San Diego County!

In other area news: a brush fire on the Cajon Pass (I-15 to Las Vegas, near San Bernardino was shut down) trapping 80 cars and trucks... 30 vehicles burned, homes lost, 30,000 acres as of last night's news.

BajaBean - 7-18-2015 at 09:05 AM

Lightning and thunder here in Hemet. Heavy rain at times. Socked in.
Streets are rivers. Love it.

Ateo - 7-18-2015 at 09:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Open a Segunda!!

Dude, I basically DO have a Segunda going on here today! Blowing stuff out at low prices! The rain is still intermittent.

Hope to see you soon Bajaguy!

Whale-ista - 7-18-2015 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

Very atypical thunderstorm this morning along the North County San Diego coast.

Dolores awakened us with the sound of light rain at 6 30AM - ahhh, peaceful, like a snooze setting...lovely reason to sleep in...

FlashBOOM- Dolores not happy. Poodle and I were startled out of bed by flashes outside window, followed almost instantly by roaring, crashing, rippling thunder- What the.... sirens. Car alarms. A Coastie helicopter scrambled, headed westward over my house from Montgomery field...

OK, I like the rain, but c'mon- that flash/boom stuff makes us humans (and cars & poodles) nervous...

I went outside to watch the show. Last time I had this close a viewing of flash/booming, was in the White mountains in August, at nearly 10K feet, looking at a monsoon system coming towards us at hi speed out of the south, angry grey clouds towering straight up, rolling along full of lightning flashes until they were overhead- then: FLASH/BOOM- concurrent.

Atypical for San Diego? That's for sure...

PS- it's "only" raining hard now...hard. Rainbarrels overflowing...

PPS- I enjoyed these strikes more before this lightning strike on the tree next to my niece's house. She was in the house when it was hit. Flagstaff-style monsoon season, welcome to San Diego . https://t.co/JD7Es0mGM7

PPS-- rain increasing. Time to check the yard...

wilderone - 7-18-2015 at 01:00 PM

RAIN - BLESSED RAIN - in San Diego, as Dolores sweeps past. Got about an inch in the lst 45 min. Got 3 rain barrels filled, and it's still coming down. Lightning and thunder too oh joy!!

bajabuddha - 7-18-2015 at 01:26 PM

Eermm... I'm getting a chuckle at every Sandy Eggan talking about "Dolores sweeping past!!" and all the rain you're getting. Take a look at the T-storm you have over you below; yes, it's from a rain-band generated by Dolores, but the main storm is still over 600 miles SOUTH of you, down by the Tortuga elbow. Not trying to take away your fun, but you better hope this Bad Girl goes to sleep before she gets to your door.

Whale-ista - 7-18-2015 at 01:30 PM

I hear ya Buddah - Dolores is getting louder. Thunder still rumbling. Rain still pounding. Cool- no tropical heat with this beast...

I have plans for a Padres game- may be a rainout?

Yeah... we are in for a wild weekend. Or should I say...weird?

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by Whale-ista]

55steve - 7-18-2015 at 01:55 PM

Dolores, right this minute, east of San Diego!

https://youtu.be/4fwDnCyJKUg

Fernweh - 7-18-2015 at 02:00 PM

Yesterday, about 1:30PM 30 minutes of heavy rain in La Paz and Centenario,
nice soaking of the ground.

chippy - 7-18-2015 at 04:12 PM

They are still mopping up here at Serenidad after a little squall. Its been weird weather in BCS since we landed in La Paz on teus. There has been lots of wind and some rain daily.

The drive from La Paz to Everisto was easy but going over the sierras to C.Constitucion was very slow and rough. I don´t think many have done that route since Odile?

We will see wassup on the pacific coast manaña.

Baja is still pretty cool decades later!

San Evaristo pass

AKgringo - 7-18-2015 at 04:26 PM

Chippy, The Baja Sur 500 used that road in mid April as part of the course.

When I tried it in November, it was not passable, so some work was done on it.

By the way, what were you driving?

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by AKgringo]

Russ - 7-18-2015 at 04:31 PM

I saw and heard the storm over Mulege this afternoon. It never made it across the bay though.

chippy - 7-18-2015 at 04:44 PM

AKgringo I saw the ribbons for the race in a few places but they looked pretty faded so I didn´t know how old they where? It looked like they moved some boulders but it was pretty rough going. If you where going south (down hill) it would have been easier for sure.

I´m driving a VW Amarok diesel 4x4. I have modified it a bit. Slight lift with tires, bilsteins and springs + alot of steel under armour.

chippy - 7-18-2015 at 04:50 PM

Russ it chased us away from Bahia Concepcion around 2 pm. When we got to Mulege it was worse and the streets where running with a lot of rocks and mud. Half hour later it was all systems go!

shari - 7-18-2015 at 04:51 PM

It has been hot and sunny all day here in Asuncion...it blew about 20-25 for 3 hours or so mid day and is not all calm and muggy again...no rain or kabooms...nada.

this is how Izaak & I are dealing with Dolores!

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by shari]

chippy - 7-18-2015 at 04:56 PM

Hi Shari,
Hows the water temps/fishing/surfing? We´re coming your way:cool:.

shari - 7-18-2015 at 05:03 PM

just back from a swim and the water has warmed up significantly now...fish report soon...

Temp actually up 10° from noon

Whale-ista - 7-18-2015 at 05:21 PM

It was mid 60s earlier today, now it's up to 76°.

Heavy rain intermittent all afternoon, occasional thunder and lightning- but drier now.

Weirdness continues...

ehall - 7-18-2015 at 06:51 PM

The push made it to az today with some places seeing more than 4 inches already.

bajacamper - 7-18-2015 at 08:05 PM

Gasp! Gasp, central California, send any extra this way. We'll sure take it.

BornFisher - 7-18-2015 at 08:43 PM

Just a great weather day in San Diego. Lots of records set I`m sure with many locations getting 1.5 inches of rain. Thunder, lighting, the sound of rushing water, the smells, the humidity, the turf that may turn green again. So far so good (apologies to Ateo), hoping for more tomorrow!
For the SoCal location near you, check this link---
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/data/hydro/LAXRRMSAN

Ateo - 7-18-2015 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Just a great weather day in San Diego. Lots of records set I`m sure with many locations getting 1.5 inches of rain. Thunder, lighting, the sound of rushing water, the smells, the humidity, the turf that may turn green again. So far so good (apologies to Ateo), hoping for more tomorrow!
For the SoCal location near you, check this link---
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/data/hydro/LAXRRMSAN

Thank man! I was stoked to see some rain today. I put out buckets and collected gallons and gallons of water to dump on the grass at a later date. No, not THAT type of grass.

David K - 7-18-2015 at 10:40 PM

It will be nice to see the grass in San Marcos get green again! The city turned off all irrigation to lawns along the sidewalks, etc. It is very tropical here tonight... near 80º and humid!

We had two lightning filled storms today... first one early this morning, after sunrise and then again in the early afternoon.

Be safe and don't fly any kites!

David K - 7-18-2015 at 11:13 PM

Speaking of weather... in a "drought"... today was the wettest July 18 in San Diego recorded history... over 1" of rain today!

Nature bats last... enjoy life!

chuckie - 7-19-2015 at 01:25 AM

MUDEGE?

bezzell - 7-19-2015 at 06:07 AM

Speaking of weather... in a "drought"... today was the wettest July 18 in San Diego recorded history... over 1" of rain today!

:lol::lol: what a textbook example of your inability to see the forest, for the trees.

Thanks for that!

'b..b.b.bbbut what about the volcanos!??' ;D

David K - 7-19-2015 at 06:17 AM

Was there anything incorrect with the content of my post? Perhaps the need for drama has blurred your vision amigo? Have a nice day and enjoy your drought. More rain predicted today!

:biggrin:

ehall - 7-19-2015 at 06:34 AM

Anyone else see the flooding in wickenburg? 3.5 inches in an hour.

bezzell - 7-19-2015 at 07:02 AM

Was there anything incorrect with the content of my post? Perhaps the need for drama has blurred your vision amigo? Have a nice day and enjoy your drought. More rain predicted today!

:biggrin:

Like a single post doesn't display someone's overall leanings, a single weather event does not allow any 'nature' generalisations.

Stick to ancient photos, ancient maps, ancient baja-condition reports, ancient pedophiles (sO weird) and donuts. :lol:

Have a wonderful day and try to think for yourself at some point, instead of re-spewing what you hear on am radio. ;D

rts551 - 7-19-2015 at 07:25 AM

Excited about a whole 1" of rain and bemoaning the city turning the water off to feed the grass (oh my it's brown), you must be in a "drought".

Whale-ista - 7-19-2015 at 07:51 AM

Actually, it's more than the wettest DAY in July. It's the wettest JULY in recorded history for this region: "An inch of rain was collected at Lindbergh Field, the National Weather Service said, which made Saturday the wettest July day in the region’s history and set a record for the wettest July ever."

raining again in San Diego -

Whale-ista - 7-19-2015 at 02:08 PM

Dolores isn't done with us: area flood advisories, lots of rain.

No thunder/lightning heard... yet

Big, slow moving, wet system- I have a feeling lots of records will be re-set this year.