BajaNomad

Follow You Around Camera

LancairDriver - 7-17-2015 at 05:25 PM

Here is a neat way to document your Baja Adventures with a HD Camera that will follow you around.

Lily is the world's first throw-and-shoot camera. It lets anyone create cinematic footage previously reserved for professional filmmakers.
Lily is waterproof, ultra-portable, and shoots stunning HD pictures and videos.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vGcH0Bk3hg?rel=0

AKgringo - 7-17-2015 at 05:46 PM

What a neat gadget! I wonder what that technology costs?

By the way, that shot on the bridge is on old highway 40 on Donner Summit. It overlooks Donner Lake and Truckee CA, where there is the beginnings of a tech industry. Lots of techies prefer the mountains to Silicone Valley.

The river shots may have been the Truckee River, but it was not familiar to me. I spent five years around there in the 70s.

Edit; After watching the clip again, I wonder if the drone has any ability to avoid stationary objects that come between the drone and the target it is following?

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by AKgringo]

StuckSucks - 7-17-2015 at 07:48 PM

Here's another, similar concept called AirDog

StuckSucks - 7-17-2015 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Edit; After watching the clip again, I wonder if the drone has any ability to avoid stationary objects that come between the drone and the target it is following?

My understanding is a lot of these tracking quadcopters have the ability to avoid tree branches, wires, etc.

55steve - 7-17-2015 at 08:33 PM

The main drawback is speed on the fast action stuff. It's hard to get good stuff when the thing only does 25 mph.

[Edited on 7-18-2015 by 55steve]