BajaNomad

More rain in Mulege?

chuckie - 7-28-2015 at 07:22 AM

National weather just showed another heavy storm cell in the mountains west of Mulege...Are they catching it again?

Bob and Susan - 7-28-2015 at 07:27 AM

we had some rain on sunday...but by the afternoon I launched my little boat

there is the normal mud in town but crews are already cleaning

the town is normal...I was there yesterday

we are getting ALOT of rain this year...way more than normal

David K - 7-28-2015 at 09:02 AM

Thursday on Bahía Concepción was quite a rain experience... trip report coming!

mtnpop - 7-28-2015 at 09:04 AM

Got a picture from a webcam in the Orchard on Sunday.. Lots of big puddles and looks really wet but no flooding.. Wish I could share it and maybe someday that can happen...

amazing Tuesday here in the Rockies... but thats not a BAJA story..
and the fish are way, way smaller....

bajabuddha - 7-28-2015 at 10:59 AM

René (Janine's partner) posted some pics on facebook of mud-floods down the Mulegé streets, no river flooding but the usual goo the comes down from the hills above town...

More rain than usual? Hope there's enough bug spray to go around; last year was a real terror for Dengue. Word to the wise if you're headed down.

Bob and Susan - 7-28-2015 at 11:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Thursday we didn't get any rain...that was down south a bit...
normal for the summer

Pescador - 7-29-2015 at 08:06 AM

Yeah, these are quickly moving cells where it rains one place and 5 miles away is dry. The desert is as green as I have seen it for this time of the year.

lenstewart - 7-29-2015 at 08:52 AM

Heavy rain here in town Thursday evening; again on Sunday, but no real change in river levels, which suggested to me that maybe the heaviest rain was coastal, not up in the valley or mountains.

Health Department guys going door to door this week handing out larvacide pellets for standing water. Rotary Club fogger and truck have been fixed up and made available to the Health Dept and Bomberos. Hope all is ready. Dengue was incredible last year.

David K - 7-29-2015 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Thursday we didn't get any rain...that was down south a bit...
normal for the summer

Wow, it just opened up over us at La Perla/Requeson... I even saw a huge waterfall, hundreds of feet high, pouring off the distant mesa to the west. About an hour, and wind so hard the rain was coming in sideways as we sat under the palapa laughing. Maybe 2 inches fell... it was something amazing, indeed. Mark, just a half mile north only measured 3/4", so it was selective, or the sideways rain just didn't enter his measuring tube?

4x4abc - 7-29-2015 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lenstewart  
Heavy rain here in town Thursday evening; again on Sunday, but no real change in river levels, which suggested to me that maybe the heaviest rain was coastal, not up in the valley or mountains.

Health Department guys going door to door this week handing out larvacide pellets for standing water. Rotary Club fogger and truck have been fixed up and made available to the Health Dept and Bomberos. Hope all is ready. Dengue was incredible last year.

even though I love telepathy - but what town are you talking about?

bajabuddha - 7-29-2015 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by lenstewart  

even though I love telepathy - but what town are you talking about?

Errm, there's 'telepathy', and then there's THE NAME OF THE THREAD. :smug:

chuckie - 7-29-2015 at 02:30 PM

Aint New York City......

Pescador - 7-29-2015 at 08:09 PM

You mean the "Rain In Mulege" thread was about rain in the Mulege area? Does that include Tijuana and Loreto?

chuckie - 7-30-2015 at 12:16 AM

New York City