BajaNomad

RV parking

ggonzales - 8-6-2015 at 03:12 PM

I'm taking a pull out RV trailer to Ensenada ; Do I need to get a permit to cross over?

Howard - 8-6-2015 at 03:21 PM

If you are talking about a camping trailer or 5th wheel camper
crossing over from the USA to Mexico you do not need any special permit of any type. It would be better if the registration on the trailer and vehicle was in your name and current.
Expect to be pulled into secondary just as you cross the border, no big thing if you have nothing to hide.

ggonzales - 8-6-2015 at 03:41 PM

Thank you for the Info: I'm taking the pull trailer to leave there with my husband..would you know of a cheap long term camp ground in Ensenada?

Bob53 - 8-6-2015 at 04:05 PM

When you get to the border make sure you pull to the far right lane. That is the only lane that RVs are allowed to cross, if crossing at San Ysidro.

Bob53 - 8-6-2015 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ggonzales  
Thank you for the Info: I'm taking the pull trailer to leave there with my husband..would you know of a cheap long term camp ground in Ensenada?

Estero Beach is nice but I'm not sure how cheap it is.

ggonzales - 8-6-2015 at 04:09 PM

Thank you for all the information!

Bob53 - 8-6-2015 at 04:11 PM

You're welcome and welcome to the forum.

mtnpop - 8-6-2015 at 04:15 PM

be sure to add it to your mex. auto insurance... and that you have the current registration at hand..
they will verify the vin# usually...

ggonzales - 8-6-2015 at 04:30 PM

If I only have a bill of sale for trailer will I have issues at the boarder?

desertcpl - 8-6-2015 at 05:31 PM

If I only have a bill of sale for trailer will I have issues at the boarder?

yes, bill of sale means nothing

bajabuddha - 8-6-2015 at 06:46 PM

Gonzales, you will need your current legal registration for your trailer and proper State plate, and you need to include it in your vehicle's Mexican insurance policy as well as being currently licensed and insured in your home State. Easy-peasy.

Cheap place to RV in Ensenada? Nope. If you're talking more than a month, ask around and find a lot to put it on. La Jolla RV area is cheap, but not very secure. Next door just the opposite. Most others are fairly pricey.

luv2fish - 8-6-2015 at 07:40 PM

I'm taking a pull out RV trailer to Ensenada ; Do I need to get a permit to cross over?

Be sure you don't accidently leave any prohibited items in the trailor. We recently crossed and as always were sent to secondary,where the rv was sent to X-ray, luckily prior to leaving home I whent through the rv and found some old 12 gauge rounds. This can cause a lot of problems, money, time. Oh and very important know where the V.I.N. Is located cause they will match it to the reg.

bajalearner - 8-7-2015 at 10:33 AM

For RV parking info in Ensenada.... Do a search on this site for a recent post under this post title and author;

RV space for Ensenada???
By Bajalearner