BajaNomad

Baja Fever ID Chart

David K - 1-14-2005 at 08:36 PM

FrankO's post (Baja pretender list) got me thinking of this list to tell if you have a case of Baja Fever or perhaps just a touch of the Baja Bug!

YOU HAVE BAJA FEVER IF:

1) There is at least one Baja map on your wall.

2) You own a 4WD rig, even if you live in a city and never go hunting in Montana.

3) Fish Tacos, Birria, Salsa, and Pacifico represent your four basic food groups.

4) Coco (to you) doesn't mean coconut.

5) There is one or more stickers on your vehicle that (at least) contain the words 'BAJA', 'SCORE', or 'HUSSONG'S'.

6) Books are on you shelf from authors such as: Erle Stanley Gardner, Tom Miller, Jack Williams, Walt Peterson, Bernie Swaim, Greg Niemann, Ray Cannon, Harry Crosby, Gene Kira, Howard Gulick or Joe Cummings... and you don't otherwise read books!

7) As you are waiting in line to cross the border going back north, you are already thinking about your next trip south.

8) When you see a dirt road heading off from the road you are on, you want to see where it goes.

9) 'Banditos' and 'Federales' are two words you describe Mexico with, to people you never want to see in Mexico.

and finally #10), You have Baja Fever if.....

When you are not in Baja, you are staring at your computer monitor looking at Baja photos or reading Baja message boards!

:lol::light::lol::cool::biggrin:;):yes::tumble::spingrin::o:P:)

[Edited on 1-15-2005 by David K]

I am a sick mother

capn.sharky - 1-14-2005 at 08:48 PM

I guess is should go to Baja Anonamous.

pappy - 1-14-2005 at 08:53 PM

does 9 out of 9 (except tecate instead of pacifico) mean i need counseling????:lol:

David K - 1-14-2005 at 09:13 PM

Pappy, let's have a beer and talk about it!

Any Mexican beer can replace Pacifico in this list...! I do rotate between Pacifico, Tecate, Dos Equis, and Carta Blanca...:lol::O:wow::rolleyes:

I confess....

yankeeirishman - 1-14-2005 at 09:29 PM

I love #8! And I got all 9!

David K - 1-14-2005 at 09:45 PM

Note to all, I mis numbered the list (#5 appeared twice)... demon alcohol... So yankee's #8 is actually now #9. And it was 10 out of 10 for pappy... too many Tecate's already?

Sorry for any inconvenience! Viva Baja!

Natalie Ann - 1-14-2005 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
7) As you are waiting in line to cross the border going back north, you are already thinking about your next trip south.
[Edited on 1-15-2005 by David K]

Or as your friend is driving you south to the Cabo airport, you leap from the car and refuse to let go of the sign:

[Edited on 1-15-2005 by Natalie Ann]

Bajaboy - 1-14-2005 at 10:22 PM

How about got engaged and married in Baja? And, moved to San Diego from Santa Cruz to be closer to Baja?

Zac

Another "Baja stricken" amigo...

Mexray - 1-14-2005 at 11:23 PM

...just checking in! Got the fever so bad, and I'm on the way in 4 days to affect the cure! Won't be back for 3-1/2 weeks!!!! That ought to give me a small reprieve from the 'fever'....:barf:

Actually got it so bad, along with all 9 others...that I'm reading the Baja Mail tonight on my laptop...laying in bed...NOW that's some fever....

tunaeater - 1-15-2005 at 02:07 AM

Or how about just crosssing the border for tacos and beer....Like we did tonight good carne asada with a couple pitchers of TKT...

bajaandy - 1-15-2005 at 08:25 AM

OH MY GOD!
10 out of 10.
(And I even have to count number 2 twice, and both of them fit into the number 5 catagory!)
Great list David.

Can I substitute .......

cristobal - 1-15-2005 at 10:52 AM

LOBSTER tacos .... in #3...?????:bounce:

:o:smug:;D:wow::yawn::P:P

fdt - 1-16-2005 at 04:33 PM

Supersized please

Oso - 1-16-2005 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
How about got engaged and married in Baja? And, moved to San Diego from Santa Cruz to be closer to Baja?

Zac

I moved from North Carolina to the Southwest corner of Arizona for the same reason. (took 2 yrs of job search on the internet to do it.)

tequila

fishinrich - 1-16-2005 at 07:08 PM

Somehow I got 11 out of 10,,,,,Must be the tequila!!!!!! fishin rich

Mexitron - 1-16-2005 at 08:17 PM

10 out of 10....need to get down there and cool off.....parched!

JESSE - 1-16-2005 at 08:40 PM

Guilty as charged

#1 - 1-16-2005 at 09:29 PM

9) 'Banditos' and 'Federales' are two words you describe Mexico with, to people you never want to see in Mexico.

And if that doesn't work tell them about the giant four inch long scorpions that drink the drool out of the corner of your mouth while you're sleeping.:biggrin:

Bob H - 1-17-2005 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
I'm on the way in 4 days to affect the cure! Won't be back for 3-1/2 weeks!!!!

Hey Ray, you guys are ready for this trip, no? Is this the first time you've gone back down to Palapa #8 since we stopped by there? Wish we could join you for a couple of Pacifico's, my friend. :biggrin: Lucky dog you!
Bob and Audrey H

Baja fever

Bajadtodebone - 1-17-2005 at 10:00 AM

Well, 9 on 10 ain't bad....I just keep reading Steinbeck and going over and over the Baja Nomad forums....sick am I! Partial to XX though.:D:D

Neal Johns - 1-17-2005 at 10:09 AM

Flunked #3 because I'm underage, can I still go to Baja? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

CONTAGIOUS

Price - 1-17-2005 at 12:05 PM

Got the fever !!! Our nephew in Maryland caught it - He will be heading to the house in San Felipe next week - we have to stay in Vegas & work so we can go next month - CAN'T WAIT:spingrin:

a super list, DK

expat2B - 1-17-2005 at 04:41 PM

can I add a few?

- (if stuck State-side) drives out of his/her way on weekends to predominantly Latino neighborhoods to shop and dine while "practicando la lengua"

- pile of Baja books on nightstand is so tall as to be dangerous in the event of a >M5.0 earthquake

- uses satellite images of BCS as "wallpaper" on computer at work

David K - 1-17-2005 at 06:06 PM

Yes, those are good additions!

Note on the 4 basic food groups: any Mexican beer can sub for Pacifico. And, for Neal Johns: Diet Mountain Dew!

pappy - 1-17-2005 at 07:05 PM

yo! after re-reading list i realize it was indeed a 10 of 10....help me mexitron!!:lol: