BajaNomad

Soccer, brownies and more!

BajaBlanca - 9-2-2015 at 10:00 PM

Hi everyone.....Blanca is back in La Bocana and back to classes at the middle school, back to mentoring high school seniors to enter the college scholarship program next year and back to lunches with the soccer team:

Yesterday, we had a meeting to make some plans for raising cash for the soccer team to travel to other pueblos and for inviting other kids to come over here- which entails offering them lunch.

The kids chose a president, treasurer and secretary for 2015-16. They decided they will do at least one if not two fund-raising events a month starting with a brownie selling day tomorrow......so I just made lots and lots of brownies so all kids can sell them tomorrow. If anyone is coming south -please bring Costco boxes - those fudge brownies are really good! I should have taken a pic but I already had them picked up.

The ready made Costco brownies are another great option :))))

They will also be doing a car wash this weekend and we will be selling pizza that 3 moms will make, at the 15 septiembre Independence day parade.

Three different kids will be responsible for organizing all those above events. Pretty awesome kids IMO.

Here are photos from yesterdays important luncheon:

Making a cheese and tuna casserole for 10 BOYS:

Cake that whale-ista donated way back when:

Eating before getting down to important business!

So, it has been a while since you have heard me asking for support but I need help to keep this momentum going. Thank goodness we have ALL the soccer equipment we need thanks to those of you (Stan W. and others) who made those wonderful donations.....

what I need now is brownies and cakes
thick college notebooks
a couple laptops urgently
backpacks
Halloween candy - remember last year !!!!! ALL the kids come here hahahaha
notebook paper and white copy paper
anything you think a college student might need

Have a great day and thanks for all the support all these years!

:bounce::bounce::bounce: