BajaNomad

Where is Pompano?

BajaBill74 - 9-4-2015 at 06:54 PM

Does anyone know where Pompano is? He has been one of my favorite posters, but hasn't posted since July 17.

DENNIS - 9-5-2015 at 07:05 AM

When Roger stubs his toe, he goes into hiding. Hope all is well.

cliffh - 9-5-2015 at 08:16 AM

All the best Roger, we miss you, from Coos Bay, Or. Cliff

POMPANO

Udo - 9-6-2015 at 05:37 PM

Roger's Facebook page has been inactive since December of last year.
No posts on Nomads since July.
His phone number is no longer in Service.

Any one know any more about Roger???

Maron - 9-6-2015 at 08:38 PM

Udo,

Thanks for checking things out. So happy your last blood workup was so super. May it remain that way.

Ron and Mary Ann

chuckie - 9-7-2015 at 05:36 AM

I talked to Roger back in May about a hunting trip. He remarked he was having some serious health problems, and was also finishing up a new lake house. Lets pray it's the new house that is keeping him busy...

Udo - 9-7-2015 at 09:39 AM

Thanks, Ron & Mary Ann!

Day after tomorrow the doctor is removing my implanted catheter (called a port-cath). And both him and my cardiologist gave me the all clear to travel and eat as I please.
With only two feet of small intestine left, I have to eat a lot just to make sure I have some nutritional value I can use.

So that is why we are coming to BA for a couple of weeks to de-stress and relax, kayak, picnics, walks on the beach, etc. We should be there this coming Sunday.

Quote: Originally posted by Maron  
Udo,

Thanks for checking things out. So happy your last blood workup was so super. May it remain that way.

Ron and Mary Ann

cliffh - 9-7-2015 at 10:31 AM

Great news , have fun relaxing trip to the lower latitudes. Cliff

Bubba - 9-7-2015 at 11:48 AM

Yep, always enjoy Pompano's posts, hope all is well.

Udo - 9-7-2015 at 12:02 PM

Mil gracias, Cliff!
Sorry we didn't hook up @ Estero Beach.

Quote: Originally posted by cliffh  
Great news , have fun relaxing trip to the lower latitudes. Cliff

chuckie - 9-7-2015 at 12:34 PM

I'm lost, is this about Pompano or Udo?

Udo - 9-7-2015 at 02:24 PM

I think we are all friends here, chuckie.

chuckie - 9-7-2015 at 02:36 PM

I know that...

BajaBlanca - 9-7-2015 at 03:30 PM

Sure do miss Pompano's historical writing and sure hope the health issues clear up fast

So glad you are doing so well, Udo! Sneak over here to La Bocana and let's hit up the beach restaurant. Too hot to cook ..... or I would offer to make lunch.

Hook - 9-7-2015 at 03:51 PM

Udo, you'd be well-advised to see what Linda will do to the roads in Baja before you head out on Friday/Saturday. This has the potential to drop a lot of rain in Baja even if it never makes land in Baja.

The drive down could be a lot less relaxing than you think.

Udo - 9-7-2015 at 04:43 PM

I have you phone number, Blanca, and we will definitely hook up at your place. It only takes us about 15-20 minutes to get to your place from BA (in our fixed-up Toyota FJ Cruiser).
Late lunch or early dinner would be good because of my short intestine. I can't eat too late or I have to make several trips to the WC during the night.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Sure do miss Pompano's historical writing and sure hope the health issues clear up fast

So glad you are doing so well, Udo! Sneak over here to La Bocana and let's hit up the beach restaurant. Too hot to cook ..... or I would offer to make lunch.

Udo - 9-7-2015 at 04:46 PM

Mil gracias, Hook!

I have been keeping my eye on LINDA, and may end up staying in Ensenada or Jardines a day or two longer than planned.
Our plan is to make it to BA in 3-4 days, or maybe 5, instead of the customary 2.

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Udo, you'd be well-advised to see what Linda will do to the roads in Baja before you head out on Friday/Saturday. This has the potential to drop a lot of rain in Baja even if it never makes land in Baja.

The drive down could be a lot less relaxing than you think.

bajacamper - 9-8-2015 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  
In Oregon. Was a bit under the weather but doing much better now.

Roger has been and is my all time favorite poster. Concerned? Yeah. Hope he posts soon and tells us to chill out.