BajaNomad

Wahoo all over the place in Bahia Asuncion!

shari - 9-13-2015 at 08:12 PM

It was Capt. Juan Arce Marrons first day fishing after the hurricane which brought the water temps up to 80 degrees! In no time at all Juan put Nomad Boe4fun and local expat Neil on limits of tuna and wahoo...they were thick out there about 5 miles out! We have beautiful sunny weather and calm seas all this week so fishing will be outstanding!

Neil was stoked to land a monster wahoo over 70 lbs which he handed over to our resident artist Beth to immortalize that brute by making a fish print. What a day!!!

fish hugger....couldnt lift it so....

the fish are here if you are thinking about coming down!

and after cleaning fish and making the fish prints...we enjoyed shrimp & pulpo tostadas at Blady's new palapa on the beach with Udo & Jana who just pulled into town! Udo's scars are awesome!

Now,.,That's a WHO !!

captkw - 9-13-2015 at 08:18 PM

Vince - 9-14-2015 at 04:01 PM

Very impressive! What could be better? Wahoo,a good beach and good beer!

woody with a view - 9-14-2015 at 05:11 PM

chicks dig scars! that's what i heard anyway!!!

keep those fish around for a month PLEASE!

Chupacabra - 9-15-2015 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

Neil was stoked to land a monster wahoo over 70 lbs which he handed over to our resident artist Beth to immortalize that brute by making a fish print.

Can a fish still be eaten after being used to make a fish print?

Howard - 9-15-2015 at 09:09 AM

Yeah, she can make the fish print but can Beth teach the fish cursive as well? If so, she is really, really good! :biggrin: (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

shari - 9-15-2015 at 11:48 AM

Har har har Howard!

After painting the fish the colours you choose for your house or whatever...and lifting off the sheet....ya just hose down the fish and bring it to the fish cleaners to do their job.

I think it is a brilliant way to remember your fish as a substitute for taxidermy. Beth's fish prints are really amazing...here is one example and I will post some photos here when I have a chance. she has trigger fish, yellowtail, dorado, calico bass, etc. as well as makes gorgeous fossil jewellery...her latest creations are of petrified polished sand dollars!

[Edited on 9-15-2015 by shari]

BajaRat - 9-18-2015 at 08:14 PM

Great to see the gang enjoying food, fun and friendship :cool:

BajaBlanca - 9-19-2015 at 02:50 AM

wow! great shots of the fish the people and the artwork.....

chuckie - 9-19-2015 at 05:15 AM

WOW! Another great day in Ascuncion....See ya in 2016

basautter - 9-19-2015 at 07:01 AM

Nice! Just added a visit to my bucket list :bounce::bounce:

monoloco - 9-20-2015 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
chicks dig scars! that's what i heard anyway!!!

keep those fish around for a month PLEASE!
No! Send them down south where they belong.