BajaNomad

A New Challenge for us....getting an outboard here from La Paz!

shari - 9-21-2015 at 12:34 PM

So my latest challenge was finding an outboard for our superpanga and I was successful but now we are looking for a creative way to get it here or part way here. So, you never know till you ask right?

Would anyone be willing to give a Honda 90 outboard a ride in their truck as far as either Loreto, Sta.Rosalia, Vizcaino or anywhere or hey if someone wanted to come here, they would get their choice of a free fishing trip or a night or two at the Inn.

We can meet you part way and in lieu of a fishing trip, we will pay for your gas to where you want to meet us but we need it ASAP...like this week...any ideas?

[Edited on 9-21-2015 by shari]

dtbushpilot - 9-21-2015 at 12:46 PM

Can you put it on the bus?.......just kidding :biggrin:

Howard - 9-21-2015 at 01:40 PM

Where would we have to pick it up from?

dtbushpilot - 9-21-2015 at 01:48 PM

The other post got me thinking about perhaps ACV could pick it up on the way back north and drop it off in Viscaino. They deliver down here (Buena Vista) on Tuesday, might be worth giving them a call if you need it right away. Since they wouldn't be crossing a border they may do it for a reasonable price.

[Edited on 9-21-2015 by dtbushpilot]

shari - 9-21-2015 at 01:55 PM

hmmm...sounds possible! We can pick it up in Vizcaino...what is ACV and do you have a phone # for them kind sir?

Howard... The fellow selling the engine is in Agua Amarga in La Paz...question of figuring out logisitics of loading etc.

dtbushpilot - 9-21-2015 at 02:16 PM

http://www.acvlogistics.com/

I usually talked to Veronica, very helpful. Their trucks have lift gates, they are in the delivery business so I'm sure they can get it done.

shari - 9-21-2015 at 02:50 PM

thanks pal....I called them and they will email some info...

gnukid - 9-21-2015 at 02:53 PM

Does the motor lay flat on the side or sit up straight on a rack? Probably need a full size truck or bigger?

shari - 9-21-2015 at 03:01 PM

It can either lay flat or stand up but I dont know if there is a rack for it or not. Our engine is fine in the back of Juans small toyota.

gnukid - 9-21-2015 at 03:27 PM

How awesome a trip is this, one slow careful trip la paz to bahia asuncion and then fish with Jaun for the rest of your life? Priceless.

gnukid - 9-21-2015 at 03:43 PM

Wait did you just say Toyota? ? ?

woody with a view - 9-21-2015 at 03:54 PM

all hail, TOYOTA!

outboards

captkw - 9-21-2015 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
It can either lay flat or stand up but I dont know if there is a rack for it or not. Our engine is fine in the back of Juans small toyota.
If this is a four stroke and you want to lay flat you might need to drain the oil and filter.I don't know off the top of my head on this motor as I don't know the model and ser.#...Wish Ya Luck and "Tight Lines" with your new motor...Congrats !! K&T:cool:

shari - 9-22-2015 at 07:57 AM

You are correct Captkw...we transport engines propped up on a tire or two but thanks for the tip anyway! Still no transport in sight.

willyAirstream - 9-24-2015 at 05:51 AM

http://www.bajawheeling.com
He may be able to help. Nice guy and good communication, as well as timely.

Or

Maybe hang at the local truck stop and bat your eyes :)