BajaNomad

Well, it's finally over. Yogi Berra gone at 90.

bajabuddha - 9-23-2015 at 12:48 AM

Yogi Berra passed tonight. "it ain't over 'till it's over'', and all other Yogi-isms are now in the books forever.

I had bubblegum baseball cards of him before I had 2 numbers to my age.

Asked if Yoo-Hoo was hyphenated, he is said to have replied, “No, ma’am, it isn’t even carbonated.”

More here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/yogi-berra-master-catche...

RIP, Yogi.

[Edited on 9-23-2015 by bajabuddha]

SFandH - 9-23-2015 at 01:49 AM

Quite a ball player and character, to paraphrase, he really didn't say everything he said. :D

Good write-up here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/hall-of-fame-catcher-y...

Santiago - 9-23-2015 at 05:56 AM

Take Buster Posey's career so far, multiply it by three, and you get Yogi's. While still in the minors, he had a 21 RBI double header. "Every time I came up the bases were loaded and I cleared them". Unreal.

Bubba - 9-23-2015 at 06:45 AM

One of a kind. RIP Yogi.

durrelllrobert - 9-23-2015 at 09:16 AM

Sorry about my prvious post and RIP Yogi Berra

bajabuddha - 9-23-2015 at 10:16 AM

Here's an article with 50 (possible) Yogi-isms. Made me smile.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/the-50-greatest-yogi-ber...

bajacamper - 9-23-2015 at 01:19 PM

He was right, I took the fork in the road.

Martyman - 9-23-2015 at 02:37 PM

He was a great player and manager. WWII vet also.

DENNIS - 9-23-2015 at 03:27 PM

He was New York City personified.
I don't care how old we are....the good die young....too young.

toneart - 9-23-2015 at 04:05 PM

Catch a star, Yogi!

I heard a good quote on NPR this morning:

When his wife asked him, "where do you want to be buried when you die?" His reply: "I dunno. Why don't you surprise me?" :lol:

Zola - 10-1-2015 at 02:41 AM

Rest in peace, Yogi Berra. He was an extraordinary catcher, a great batter, an inspired manager, a natural wit, and a kind, generous man.

Bajahowodd - 10-1-2015 at 04:57 PM

I actually knew Yogi, as well as Whitey Ford and a bunch of the Yankees of that era because I worked in a country club on Long Island while I was going to school. He was not only a major Hall of Famer, but also a gentleman. RIP

Marc - 10-2-2015 at 06:51 AM

I was sent to the principals office for a scuffle in the schoolyard. He winked and told me to sit. He had the world series on the radio. He didn't say a word to me so we just sat there and listened together. It was the 1949 series; Yankees vs Dodgers with Joe & Yogi, against Jackie & Duke. The first game I had ever listened to. After a while he pointed to the door and I walked out without him saying a word. Sixty six years ago and still a vivid memory.

Zola - 10-3-2015 at 01:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
I was sent to the principals office for a scuffle in the schoolyard. He winked and told me to sit. He had the world series on the radio. He didn't say a word to me so we just sat there and listened together. It was the 1949 series; Yankees vs Dodgers with Joe & Yogi, against Jackie & Duke. The first game I had ever listened to. After a while he pointed to the door and I walked out without him saying a word. Sixty six years ago and still a vivid memory.

Love it!