Baja Rally Started Today

TMW - 9-29-2015 at 10:13 AM

http://www.bajarallymoto.com/

With live tracking.

StuckSucks - 9-29-2015 at 11:01 AM

The tracking is awesome!

SCORE: are you taking notes?

ehall - 9-29-2015 at 01:45 PM

wow , that tracking is the best I have seen.

David K - 9-29-2015 at 03:53 PM

Yes... great map! I didn't know of the road up the San Rafael riverbed to El Coyote!

TMW - 9-30-2015 at 01:14 PM

The last part of today's Rally course is really a fun drive. A friend and I went off hwy 1 at KM16 south of San Quintin and joined the course and followed it to where it comes out at the farm east of El Rosario. At the time we came to a locked gate at the farm. The road shown on Google Earth does not exist as shown around the farm. We dead ended trying to find it. While driving around one of the farm workers unlocked the gate and we went thru and out to hwy 1 at the bridge.

There are a couple of abandoned ranchos with windmills along the way after the trail turns south maybe about 10 miles from hwy 1 and about half way or so going south the road gets wider and better. There is a big ranch/farm in the area and it too has a locked gate. But the road is well maintained from that place south.

Sweetwater - 9-30-2015 at 01:58 PM

You can follow Lyndon Poskitt on his Facebook page, the guy is a world traveler, from Rallye to Rallye.....phenomenal rider and all round good guy.

Pacifico - 9-30-2015 at 05:18 PM

Yes.....cool tracking!

bajatrailrider - 9-30-2015 at 09:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Yes... great map! I didn't know of the road up the San Rafael riverbed to El Coyote!
David The route San Rafael to El Coyote.Was how people got to Mikes Sky ranch and Coyote.Sometime in the 70s A flood went threw there.Took out all ranches,road gone.Up till late 80s,all it was river with 2/3 ft water all the time.No trace of road at all,with brush over 6ft and thick.We found this old road on our very old map.It took us over 6 years,and one broken hand.To get threw there to Coyotes.Few years ago the ranches returned,made a road.Score used it Ruined it like everywhere they go.The rest history,Its still OK ride.When we going David.

David K - 10-1-2015 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
David The route San Rafael to El Coyote.Was how people got to Mikes Sky ranch and Coyote.Sometime in the 70s A flood went threw there.Took out all ranches,road gone.Up till late 80s,all it was river with 2/3 ft water all the time.No trace of road at all,with brush over 6ft and thick.We found this old road on our very old map.It took us over 6 years,and one broken hand.To get threw there to Coyotes.Few years ago the ranches returned,made a road.Score used it Ruined it like everywhere they go.The rest history,Its still OK ride.When we going David.

Thanks for the great road history Larry!

ehall - 10-1-2015 at 03:29 PM

wow, these guys are fast. I track my average speed out trail riding and it is usually around 20 mph. Lot of these guys are averaging 35 mph or more.