BajaNomad

Using Estafeta powered by Ebay for importations

CaboSur - 10-3-2015 at 06:36 AM

For all of us Nomads too lazy to drive to the border for the items we need and can't find here.

I have been using this new service provided by Ebay for importations into Mexico and have imported several packages without any complications.

The requirements are:

Need to have your Ebay account linked to Estafeta. The instructions are provided at estafetamembers.com . May be a little difficult for the Spanish challenged.

Your CURP # is needed to register which all permanent residencs have.

Establish an account with Estafeta located in Laredo, Tx

All transactions are handled thru your US PayPal account

Once your package arrives Estafeta in Laredo you need to email them an invoice (copy from Ebay) then Estafeta will send you an email with a link to PayPal for payment.
No additional payments are required on delivery A smooth transaction.

Delivery has taken an average of 5 days from Laredo, Tx to San Jose.

Example of one of the importations.

Cantidad Descripción Costo del producto
1 3 baterias 61.32
2 1 cargador 23.24
3 4 refaccion elec 67.92
Total 152.48 USD

Costos
Tasas de importación $24.4 USD
Handling and Shipping $15 USD
IVA $2.89 USD
Seguro (opcional) $3.05 USD

Total a pagar en $45.34 USD
Tipo de cambio del dolar $16.8 MXN

Hopefully this information is useful...

oladulce - 10-3-2015 at 07:43 AM

Do you pick up your delivery at an Estafeta office ?

CaboSur - 10-3-2015 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by oladulce  
The packages are delivered to my address. During registration with Estafeta requires your physical address. I'm sure you could ask your local Estafeta office to hold your packages "Ocurre" (for pickup)

oladulce - 10-4-2015 at 06:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboSur  
Quote: Originally posted by oladulce  
The packages are delivered to my address. During registration with Estafeta requires your physical address. I'm sure you could ask your local Estafeta office to hold your packages "Ocurre" (for pickup)

Thank you CaboSur. It was a novelty the first few years, but becomes a hindrance to live remotely where the dirt trails have no names. "Ocurre" is a handy word to know.

I'd forgotten a couple yrs ago we'd made arrangements for a new keyboard delivery and it came via Estafeta to the office in Cd Constitución. We didn't get the best impression at that time- off on a side street, no sign, dark, dingy, one room with boxes strewn about, and a surly lady who claimed our package wasn't there even though she never left her chair to check. Luckily we persisted and found the box at the bottom of a pile. After that experience I didn't consider using Estefeta as a future delivery option. But a couple things I've learned living here; things can change dramatically and the more options you have the easier life can be. Thanks for the tip.