BajaNomad

WIND yesterday afternoon

Russ - 10-4-2015 at 05:53 AM

Had up to 40mph winds in the afternoon yesterday. You can't really close up the house this time of year while it's so hot and so the sand and dirty just blows in and covers everything. Everything is covered in grit. I woke at 3am and it was dead calm with enough moon light to see the huge (for here) surf still pounding in. Better now. I hate cleaning! but......
Forecast is a little concerning wit a low moving up
"A broad and elongated area of low pressure located about 1000 miles southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula
continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms."

Robertofox - 10-4-2015 at 06:09 AM

Hey, morning Russ. We should be down on the 23rd for a couple of weeks. Can't wait. I'll take wind and or rain. Just so long as we are in PC for decompression. Hopefully, we'll bump into you down their. I'm always monitoring the weather and watching for your pic's.....later amigo.....

oladulce - 10-4-2015 at 07:14 AM

Hot wind and no rain to wet down the dirt before the blow begins. It's loads of fun running around opening and closing windows trying to decide what's worse- heat prostration or polvo and sand in every orifice. Add salty spray stickum to the mix if the wind came straight off the water and you get the extra fun of washing windows and mopping your floors twice. Sounds like a blast Russ, I'll be right over.

Across the peninsula from you, yesterday the humidity finally dropped out of the 90's and was a lovely 58% with barely enough wind to keep a kite in the air. Weird.

Punta Chivato

BajaMama - 10-4-2015 at 05:25 PM

Heading down end of week - a lot of wind or just the other day? How is the road looking?

Russ - 10-4-2015 at 05:34 PM

Nice wind today maxed at 19mph and the temp was a doable 85º. Wind is good when it's hot. It's just when it gets to lift off conditions for sand and thick dust it's not welcome. The road is 2x4 passable but rough in areas. Expect a slower than normal trip in. wind also means NO buggs :)

BajaBlanca - 10-4-2015 at 07:27 PM

amazing how the two side of the peninsula can differ.

we had a dead calm here.

BajaMama - 10-4-2015 at 08:42 PM

Yay! Thanks for the updates! Look for me on my paddle board - I rigged it for fishing too, first time, so if you look out the window and say "what the heck is she up to?", that will be me!!!

Texas Hold'Em???