BajaNomad

Desert Hawks building a Casa de Bomberos

Santiago - 10-13-2015 at 06:08 AM

Last Sunday, while filling up at Baja Cactus Pemex in El Rosario, we stopped to chat with Antonio and Andy (who runs the Desert Hawks Foundation in SD). They are in the process of building a fire station across the street from the Pemex; the side of the mountain has been removed and they were in the process of looking for grader to level out the pad. Hope they found one!
They now have two fire trucks.

Edit for idiotcy

[Edited on 10-13-2015 by Santiago]

David K - 10-13-2015 at 08:48 AM

I like it!

Maron - 10-13-2015 at 09:13 AM

Santiago -

How much of that fine food and wine did you consume last weekend?
Thanks for the reports, I don't care for wine, but my better half does.

carlosg - 10-13-2015 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Last Sunday, while filling up at Baja Cactus Pemex in El Rosario, we stopped to chat with Antonio and Andy (who runs the Desert Hawks Foundation in SD). They are in the process of building a fire station across the street from the Pemex; the side of the mountain has been removed and they were in the process of looking for grader to level out the pad. Hope they found one!
They now have two fire trucks.

Edit for idiotcy

[Edited on 10-13-2015 by Santiago]

Last month on our way to Mulege we did a fuel stop at El Rosario and the Fire Engine was parked right next to Pemex

20150919_183914.jpg - 83kB

(photos taken on move...)

P1010076.JPG - 113kB

... on our way back we stayed at Baja Cactus and in the gated parking lot there we saw the "other" Fire Engine... when fueling I saw the earthworks in progress and thought: what may be happening here? ...never considered the possibility of any good deed work for the community, this is really wonderful that people stand up for the community in such a way...!!! Muchas Gracias Desert Hawks Foundation...!!!