BajaNomad

Big Blue M, The story of the McMillin Family in Racing

TMW - 10-14-2015 at 02:07 PM

You can order you copy of Big Blue, 79.95 at RDC.

http://shop.race-dezert.com/products/big-blue-the-mcmillin-r...

[Edited on 10-14-2015 by TMW]

StuckSucks - 10-14-2015 at 03:44 PM

An amazing family - good people.

TMW - 10-14-2015 at 06:55 PM

What happened at Liberty Station and where is it?

Cisco - 10-14-2015 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
There are people affected by Liberty Station that might argue that point.

Despicable and rapacious. Mired in the political muck that has been San Diego's political scene for the last 60 years.

elgatoloco - 10-14-2015 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

It's in San Diego near the airport. A development built on the old Naval Training Center. Developer got land for a song. Promised to share all profits from development. Finished job and claimed no profit. Regular folks lined up for a lottery to get the first houses and executives from the developers, real estate pros and former city council members nabbed 52 of the 349 winning slots in the lottery. :saint:

Cisco - 10-14-2015 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cisco  
There are people affected by Liberty Station that might argue that point.

Despicable and rapacious. Mired in the political muck that has been San Diego's political scene for the last 60 years.

I couldn't agree more.... the USA's cheapest politicians reside in San Diego.
Which administration did that occur under?

All of them from the 60's on Frank.

I was involved in the South Bay in real estate and construction and Corky was building Chula Vista and Bonita, I was into Seaside Point in I.B, Tip Krusecamp (sp) was building apartments in I.b. and Byron Ray was involved throughout the South bay.

Corky was kind of his own entity and was getting jobs through CV administration and then got into San Diego big time. Lot of political partisanship going on.

Although he was younger Brian Bilbray was influential in I.B. when he was mayor.

I left San Diego to travel in 95 and returned in 2008 or 09 and boot camp was Liberty Station.

I did not pursue it but everytime I read something about San Diego's "plans" for the homeless problem they talk about I think of the complete facilities that were there, galleys, showers, barracks, all of the infrastructure that was torn down for "Liberty Station".

Lot's of stories but not for here.

How did the move work out? Kid's loving it?

mtgoat666 - 10-15-2015 at 04:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

It's in San Diego near the airport. A development built on the old Naval Training Center. Developer got land for a song. Promised to share all profits from development. Finished job and claimed no profit. Regular folks lined up for a lottery to get the first houses and executives from the developers, real estate pros and former city council members nabbed 52 of the 349 winning slots in the lottery. :saint:

San Diego citizens are fools. The city council is owned by developers. The city employees are slackers that do nothing and the pension system is a racket that robs tax payers. But fools keep voting for same old cronies!

If we had a DA that cared, McMillin and the city employees would have been prosecuted for what they did at liberty station. DA is just part of the crooked bunch.

wessongroup - 10-15-2015 at 01:37 PM

Appears some here have working knowledge of "politics" :biggrin::biggrin:

Real Estate development has been somewhat hard ... on many people

[Edited on 10-15-2015 by wessongroup]

BooJumMan - 10-15-2015 at 07:19 PM

San Diego is just non stop development... they keep building more and more homes but no roads or mass transit. I feel that half my life is just sitting in traffic. Bleh.