BajaNomad

Endorsement and help from Antonio's Desert Hawks: Mulege Bomberos Sub-Estacion Bahia Concepcion needs your help. . .

Mula - 10-15-2015 at 12:27 PM

From Comandante Patsi:

I am the Comandante of the Mulege Bomberos Sub-Estacion Bahia Concepcion.

https://www.facebook.com/Mulege-Bomberos-Sub-Estacion-Bahia-...

Together with Mulege we have started a fire department in the beach area of the Bay of Conception.

Until this time any emergency had to wait until someone could go to town and bring help back.

It's a continuous struggle to raise funds to keep things going as there is no help here or in the Mulege station from the government.

We keep on top of it with fund raisers and small fuel donations from people we help.

Now our friends in Canada have donated a fire truck to us here on the beach and one to Mulege and an ambulance for us on the beach.

They are donated free and clear but we need expenses to cover the trip from Canada to half way down the Baja Peninsula.

Once we reach the Mexican border we will have to pay to drive across.

We need air fare, food and lodging for our drivers. We need fuel expenses.

And we need you to keep your fingers crossed that we do not need any repairs or tires on the way.

Yes, we do have an ambulance now. It goes to Mulege and back but we would not trust it to go to LaPaz. It doesn't have A/C. When it's 100 degrees here and 80% humidity it is not great for the patients.

Yes, we do have a fire truck now that holds 750 gallons. If you have seen a palm house go up in flames then you know more is needed.

The new truck holds 1200 gallons. We have to go to Mulege to refill the tanks so two trucks are definitely needed.

We do not want to miss this opportunity to help this community.

We are hoping everyone who is associated with this community will help with our cause.

We respond to every call and never charge.
Now's a chance to help us help you.

We are hoping to have enough finances to bring this equipment down the end of November so they will be here for the season.

https://www.gofundme.com/cc5szebg

Thank you for your time and considerations.

[Edited on 10-15-2015 by Mula]

[Edited on 10-15-2015 by Mula]

[Edited on 11-16-2015 by Mula]

micah202 - 10-15-2015 at 06:45 PM

...excellent news on the donated equipment.
Where in Canada is it coming from?
Perhaps I can figure a way to help at this end.

Mula - 10-16-2015 at 04:19 AM

Vancouver.

U2U me and I will send you Patsi's contact info.

bajabuddha - 10-16-2015 at 04:32 AM

Mula, just curious; where are they setting up shop? Is it at Posada or Burro/Coyote?

Mula - 10-16-2015 at 04:40 AM

The Fire Station is across the street from the entrance to Burro.

They have a palapa and storage sheds, etc. there next to JC's Restaurant.

Mula - 10-16-2015 at 05:43 PM

Only 7,999 left to raise.

Thanks to those of you who have donated so far.

http://www.gofundme.com/cc5szebg

Bomberos Facebook page:

[Edited on 10-17-2015 by Mula]

Mula - 10-18-2015 at 06:06 PM

BUMP . . . a worthy cause - just to know these services are available in a remote stretch of the long haul down Baja - is very worth it.

I donate to Antonio and the Desert Hawks every time a request comes out because while I rarely go to the states or return by highway, just to know they are there and to support them . . . .is a big plus in my mind.

Please help:

Thanks to those of you who have donated so far.

http://www.gofundme.com/cc5szebg

Bomberos Facebook page:

Mula - 10-24-2015 at 04:03 PM

BUMP.

Only $7974 more to go. About 1 month left for fund raising.

Hope and pray you will feel this cause and help!

Mula - 10-30-2015 at 12:46 PM

Getting there. Thank you . . ...

$7474 left to go this month.

gofundme.com/cc5szebg

Mula - 10-30-2015 at 12:49 PM

Mulege Bomberos Sub-Estacion Bahia Concepcion
fund raising projects for this coming year:

Tomorrow Oct. 31, 2015 the Mulege Bomberos will hold a BBQ Chicken fundraiser under the bridge in town noon till 5:00.

All are invited. Our Concepcion Bay Bomberos will attend. Everyone wear your shirts if you come to show our support.

Other upcoming events this season to raise funds to support the Bomberos will be..........

November 27th Black Friday Garage Sale at Bertha's on Burro

December 12th Holiday Brunch with Santa at Pier's on Coyote

February 9th Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday Party at Pier's on Coyote

March 6th Trigger Fish Tournament at Pier's on Coyote

March 25th Dump Run Race at Posada Dump

April 1st Pinto Bass Tournament at Bertha's on Burro

Fire gear

snowcat5 - 10-31-2015 at 07:18 AM

Hi, Mula, I have some fire equipment I would like to donate to your fire guys. I can bring down some stuff in December. I will prolly have six sets of almost new turnouts and some first aid supplies for the ambulance. I have made several runs down Baja with fire equipment and supplies for several small volunteer fire depts. You guys are next! Please PM me with any requests for equipment or supplies and I'll see what I can find. I work with a few small volunteer NOB departments that donate gear as it becomes available.

Mula - 10-31-2015 at 01:13 PM

See your u2u snowcat5

Mula - 11-8-2015 at 07:17 AM

Bump.

Time is running short and still need some help -

Thanks.

BajaBlanca - 11-8-2015 at 07:33 AM

wow! so much equipment! hope we reach the goal - might have been easier to find a driver to come from Canada and meet the guys at the border?

Mula - 11-8-2015 at 09:11 AM

Blanca, If the donating organization could not deliver the trucks to the Mexico border, people from the receiving end must take possession of the vehicles at the Canada border and get them through the states.

Desert Hawks had to go pick up their donated equipment.

Also, This from Commandate Patsi:
Patsi Hodges 9:01am Nov 8
Thanks so much, Cheri. This is so frustrating. When we decided to start go fun me we were so sure everyone who had anything to do with this part of Baja would jump at the chance to help make this area a safer place. Silly me for believing people who can afford to have retirement homes and vacation toys would want to spend another $50 or so to help keep them safe. Or to have an ambulance available within minutes instead of hours. We Bomberos work tirelessly to make that available and sometimes I wonder why. Why don't we just forget it ? It's silly to force improvements on folks who don't want them. And then I think that if we didn't do this then who would? And ultimately we are helping the people in whose country we have chosen to live. And these people do know how badly we are needed.

Mula - 11-8-2015 at 10:55 AM

This is the link to the equipment currently in Bahia Concepcion.
The new donations from Canada will be much more reliable and less costly to maintain.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-0/q84/p180...

Mula - 11-8-2015 at 01:21 PM

Mulege Bomberos Sub-Estacion Bahia Concepcion
1 hr ·
Thanks so much to Ron Westfield for a donation to gofundme/ss5szebg towards helping us bring the donated fire trucks from Firefighters without Borders, Canada chapter. What a wonderful way to help our Mexican friends as well as ourselves. If you think that wreck or heart attack or fire could never happen to you, the Mexicans know it's just a matter of time and they are very thankful for all the help we can give them. Please consider helping with a donation. Even $10 will help.

Mula - 11-10-2015 at 04:42 PM

Well, we have about 2 more weeks to raise the funds to get these trucks to Mulege, so are still hoping a few more of you will consider a small donation.

Mula - 11-15-2015 at 11:46 AM

Only $6774 left to raise.

Dan Cushing of Western Towboat Company made a $500 donation this morning. We are so thankful!

Sure do wish some of you would consider helping us get these emergency responding vehicles to Mulege and Lopez Mateos.

edit: typo

[Edited on 11-15-2015 by Mula]

[Edited on 11-15-2015 by Mula]

Commitment...

BajaCactus - 11-15-2015 at 03:33 PM

We are Commitment, Inc. and run the Desert Hawks Fire & Rescue group in El Rosario (Bomberos &
Rescate Halcones del Desierto)... We ask that you support the Bahia Concepcion Fire/Rescue Sub-Station.

As a fellow rescue group, we know the difficulties and challenges of raising money and doing the necessary emergency work for both the community and tourists. If it is of help, we can offer you a letter showing that your donation is tax-deductible in the U.S.

Please make a donation to Commitment, Inc. on PayPal or send a check made out to Commitment, Inc. and send to:

Commitment, Inc.
PO Box 178309
San Diego, CA 92177

Please be sure to indicate that the funds are for Conception Bay Fire/Rescue. We will send you a letter for tax purposes and remit the funds to Conception Bay. This is yet another positive step in providing full emergency service to anyone traveling in Baja California. Desert Hawks is ready to help them with firefighting supplies we have available.

Thanks to the BajaNomad community for all their support!!!

Antonio Muņoz
Andy Schouten
Commitment, Inc
Non-Profit Organization

rts551 - 11-15-2015 at 04:14 PM

Good work as always Antonio.

rts551 - 11-15-2015 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
wow! so much equipment! hope we reach the goal - might have been easier to find a driver to come from Canada and meet the guys at the border?

Excellent Idea Blanca. Maybe they could have solicited for a driver who was coming down anyway with someone else. Especially given the tone of their last message which sounded frustrated.

Mula - 11-15-2015 at 04:52 PM

Great thanks, Antonio, for your support and help.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaCactus  
We are Commitment, Inc. and run the Desert Hawks Fire & Rescue group in El Rosario (Bomberos &
Rescate Halcones del Desierto)... We ask that you support the Bahia Concepcion Fire/Rescue Sub-Station.

As a fellow rescue group, we know the difficulties and challenges of raising money and doing the necessary emergency work for both the community and tourists. If it is of help, we can offer you a letter showing that your donation is tax-deductible in the U.S.

Please make a donation to Commitment, Inc. on PayPal or send a check made out to Commitment, Inc. and send to:

Commitment, Inc.
PO Box 178309
San Diego, CA 92177

Please be sure to indicate that the funds are for Conception Bay Fire/Rescue. We will send you a letter for tax purposes and remit the funds to Conception Bay. This is yet another positive step in providing full emergency service to anyone traveling in Baja California. Desert Hawks is ready to help them with firefighting supplies we have available.

Thanks to the BajaNomad community for all their support!!!

Antonio Muņoz
Andy Schouten
Commitment, Inc
Non-Profit Organization

driving the trucks to Baja. . . .

Mula - 11-15-2015 at 05:03 PM

Blanca,

A class A driver's license is required to transport these vehicles to the Mexico border.

And we need 2 drivers.

Possibly Antonio and a friend will go north to bring the vehicles down with Comandante Patsi Hodges. They have the correct licenses for this operation and have brought other vehicles across the border and know the ropes, which I am sure will be very trying - what with all the paperwork, etc.

A Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is necessary for the operation of tractor trailers or any truck or trailer with a Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more, provided the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is more than 10,000 lbs.

Agents of the receiving vehicles must be with them to accept the trucks at the Canadian Border and at the Mexico Border.

[Edited on 11-16-2015 by Mula]

BajaCactus and Desert Hawks...

BajaCactus - 11-15-2015 at 07:49 PM

BajaCactus will help with some fuel when the Emergency Vehicles pass through El Rosario.

Also, if needed, Desert Hawks will help with a couple of volunteer Firefighters (including myself) to drive down the vehicles from the Canadian border.

Together we can save lives!!!

Antonio Muņoz
BajaCactus
Desert Hawks Fire and Rescue

David K - 11-15-2015 at 08:33 PM

Great to see you here and hear about what you are doing, Antonio.

Mula - 11-16-2015 at 04:57 PM

Only $5,924 left to go.

Thanks to all those you have helped.