BajaNomad

Bahia Asuncion Fishing Report....best week yet!

shari - 10-22-2015 at 01:02 PM

We had reasonably good weather this week, albeit strong afternoon winds for this time of year. Good thing Juan's fishing clients got easy limits in a couple hours in the mornings running and gunning for big yellowfin tuna in the dolphin schools. The yellowtail are showing now too finally as the water cooled off a couple degrees and the wahoo are still around. Robin from Pta.Chivato caught this big boy casting a salas 6X! crazy!

gotta love yellowtail that stretch out over your entire tailgate eh! Amigo Ross caught this guy on his kayak by Asuncion Island where there are also dorado and wahoo.

We had guests at our Inn who brought their fancy Triumph fishing machine. I was wondering how they would fare at our launch area...they had an extension so only suffered some minor dings and scrapes and enjoyed fishing all week in the area. They were targeting tuna and wahoo and caught an 80 lb wahoo one day...filled their freezer.

shore fishing is great too...there have even been sierra caught! crazy and black marlin spotted and thresher sharks breaching too.

Nice !!

captkw - 10-22-2015 at 01:26 PM

btw,, those thresher's if taken care of correctly,,are a fine,fine bbq fish/shark in their own right..often called a "poor mans marlin"...thight lines and happy eat's

woody with a view - 10-22-2015 at 01:27 PM

the fun is just beginning! maybe we'll be back after new year!

tiotomasbcs - 10-25-2015 at 04:21 PM

Beautiful weather w/ afternoon winds. Water temps still in mid 80s down here. I expect the fishing to be good into January. I will bring Wasabi and high Spirits! Smiles Tio

shari - 10-25-2015 at 04:57 PM

I agree tomas....it's going to be another flip flop winter here in central baja! Look forward to your visit as always.

hombre66 - 10-26-2015 at 06:51 PM

Shari ...keep us posted on the surf fishing. Will be in around Nov 5 . Love to chuck Krocks with light tackle.