BajaNomad

Bajo California: The Limit of Time (movie)

Ken Cooke - 10-24-2015 at 01:13 PM

I was given this movie by David K about 15 years ago. Great movie! David, have I known you that long??:wow:

information in English
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0168047/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

David K - 10-24-2015 at 03:54 PM

Yes! I think we met at my first Viva Baja event (in San Clemente) in Oct. 2000? http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja

VIVA BAJA

VIVA BAJA PARTY OCT.28, 2000

A grand get-together of book and article authors, website creators, and gobaja 'roomies' was held in San Clemente on Saturday, Oct. 28th. The party was organized by 'David K' with the intent to further constructive communication for the benefit of ALL who use the Internet to learn (or share things) about Baja California.
Nearly fifty guests attended and included those who provide or represent the following....

Amigos de Baja, Baja Links, Baja Expo, Baja-Web, Baja Public Message Board, Baja Nomad, Baja Traveler Magazine, Baja California Language College, and the San Nicolas Hotel in Ensenada.
Authors attending included Graham Mackintosh, Greg Niemann, Kacey Smith, and Mike Humfreville...

Frequent contributors to the discussion boards present included... Lorenzo de Baja (LdB), David Eidell, Michelle (M), Ofer, Dave in 29 Palms, DP Dave, Paulina, Neal Johns (Aridologist), Alejandra, Jack Swords, and more!

Ken Cooke (Baja Ken) who shared his San Pedro Martir photos on TimsBaja.com and DavidKsBaja.com, provided music for us. Ken's guest, Suzanne, showed us her beautiful collection of Baja landscape photography. Lorenzo showed us his very interesting movies of early trips into Baja from nearly 40 years ago. Graham provided his entertaining slides from both his first and latest Baja walking adventures. Many others shared a bit of Baja during the 'Show and Tell' presentation. We all learned some new things that day.

Door prizes offered included Deluxe hotel accommodations for two nights in Ensenada (from Tillie of the San Nicolas), and in Rosarito (from Ferna de Tijuana); $100 cash from 'Wayno' of BB Bait and Tackle, in Blythe; A copy of 'Into a Desert Place' from Graham Mackintosh; A copy of 'Baja Fever' from Greg Niemann; A copy of Ray Cannon's 'Sea of Cortez' from David K; Two Hellerwork sessions from 'jeans' (Mindy); and two full fare sportfishing tickets at 'Pierpoint', from 'Whistler'(Glenn).

The more than thirty photos will give you a sample of some of your 'fellow amigos' enjoying that day. If you have a photo of a guest that was missed please scan and email to me (jpeg), and I will add it! A list of links from attendees completes the page.

Thank you all so much for making VIVA BAJA a great day!
David Kier

Yep, here you are: http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja/page3.html

Carlos Fiesta is in the next photo, as we were just talking about him in another thread this week.

Ken Cooke - 10-24-2015 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Yes! I think we met at my first Viva Baja event (in San Clemente) in Oct. 2000? http://vivabaja.com/vivabaja

VIVA BAJA

David, you looked a lot younger! Wait, is that me with my ex-wife??LOL Great photos, and great memories!

David K - 10-24-2015 at 06:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

VIVA BAJA

David, you looked a lot younger!

Since that year, I raised two teenagers, alone! You know both Chris and Sarah! Glad they are great young adults now (25 & almost 27).

Kimpatsu_Hekigan - 10-29-2015 at 10:29 AM

Does anyone know where to find a copy of this film (Bajo California) with English subtitles?

At one time, it was shown at a film festival in the States (Sundance?) with English subtitles. So a copy must exist. But where?

Thanks,

-- K.H.

Ken Cooke - 10-29-2015 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Kimpatsu_Hekigan  
Does anyone know where to find a copy of this film (Bajo California) with English subtitles?

At one time, it was shown at a film festival in the States (Sundance?) with English subtitles. So a copy must exist. But where?

Thanks,

-- K.H.

Amazon - heres a link -- you will have to contact sellers for info on if it contains English subtitles. Here are more links I have found.

[Edited on 10-29-2015 by Ken Cooke]

David K - 10-29-2015 at 06:52 PM

Only the Sundance Channel version has the subtitles... Good look finding that!

There is so little dialog in this movie, it really doesn't lose anything without the sub-titles. It does start out and end in English, and when his wife speaks to him is all in English (with no Spanish subtitles, in the Sundance version, anyway).

SlyOnce - 10-30-2015 at 08:04 AM

My novia and I watched this movie, we really enjoyed it, thanks! I have a collection of movies filmed in TJ or Baja for example Aloha Bobby and Rose, Up in Smoke, Born in East LA, Miss Bala, and more.

BornFisher - 10-30-2015 at 08:32 AM

You Tube it-----

www.youtube.com/embed/rm9UYM8zM94

motoged - 10-31-2015 at 07:03 PM

Ken,
Thanks for the link.....this came up on BN a few years ago....good to see it again.