BajaNomad

2015 Surf N Turf trip video

BajaGeoff - 10-29-2015 at 12:23 PM

Here is the video we put together from the 2015 Surf N Turf trip that was put together by Baja Bound and Cameron Steele of Desert Assassins. Enjoy!

Ken Cooke - 10-29-2015 at 12:37 PM

That looked like a great time! I'd love to see those mud hills!:bounce:

motoged - 10-29-2015 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
That looked like a great time! I'd love to see those mud hills!:bounce:

No problem....drive west from El Rosario towards the dump road and south to where the road ends (fish camps and stone picker camps.....

[Edited on 10-29-2015 by motoged]

[Edited on 10-29-2015 by motoged]

ehall - 10-29-2015 at 01:26 PM

Great video and nice to put a face to the name BG

BornFisher - 10-29-2015 at 04:22 PM

Great trip and report. Thanks!!

mtgoat666 - 10-29-2015 at 05:30 PM

Looks like many in your group would be better users of open lands if you adopted the ethics such as http://www.treadlightly.org/tread-lightlys-tips-for-responsi...

Udo - 10-29-2015 at 06:18 PM

Great video!

Glad to see the mud hills getting well used. The next rain storm will put them back together.

motoged - 10-29-2015 at 06:32 PM

Some tracks last for years....some for not so long.

A few years ago I led a group up into alpine single track and one guy just had to rip up a low wet area and defended the act by indicating it would be back to normal after some rain or snow.....five years later the damage was still evident...a bit grown over....but clearly not "part of nature as we found it".

I ride off-road a lot and try to respect the terrain by most often sticking to established tracks....sometimes that is not possible.

I do NOT "rip it up" just to see my tracks or see if I can do it.

It is a balance between unbridled fun and responsible fun....not all off-roaders respect the environment over and above their need to do burnouts and grind up hillsides.

I believe those mud hills are part of the Bill Nichols trail from Catavina to El Rosario....I wonder what he would say about it?

Ken Cooke - 10-29-2015 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Looks like many in your group would be better users of open lands if you adopted the ethics such as http://www.treadlightly.org/tread-lightlys-tips-for-responsi...

As a responsible off-roader, I reviewed the link you posted, and it doesn't appear that Steele's group violated the 'tips' listed on the Tread Lightly website. They looked like a well-intentioned, careful group out for a good time.

motoged - 10-29-2015 at 10:19 PM

As a responsible off-roader, I reviewed the link you posted, and it doesn't appear that Steele's group violated the 'tips' listed on the Tread Lightly website. They looked like a well-intentioned, careful group out for a good time.

Ken,
Read the link again...:light:

Ateo - 10-30-2015 at 07:12 AM

Looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing.

Ken Cooke - 10-30-2015 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Ken,
Read the link again...:light:

Okay...Don't want to damage a mud hill, I guess..

StuckSucks - 10-30-2015 at 12:47 PM

I'm down there in three weeks - a great watch for my hormones!

Tomas Tierra - 10-30-2015 at 12:47 PM

The water finds the ruts, and runs there, making them deeper.. There are some hideously scarred areas on the road out to San Carlos..they will never look the same.. All in the last decade, all scarred deeply.. Seen the rains come and go, marks are still there

Rip up the beach all you want, one tide change takes care of the scars..
Established single tracks or two tracks, give em hell boys!..soft and loamy back country hills will be damaged for decades. Selfish

TT