BajaNomad

How difficult is it for a US person to open a business checking account in Mexico?

magentawave - 11-11-2015 at 02:08 PM

I understand that FATCA has made it difficult for US persons to open bank accounts outside the US. I live close to the US/Mexico border so I was hoping I could go into Tijuana for a few hours and open a business checking account.

QUESTION: Can someone tell me how a US legal permanent resident (with US green card) and a Canadian passport can open a business checking account in Mexico, please?

Thank you very much.

alacran - 11-11-2015 at 05:33 PM

Create a Mx. Corporation.

magentawave - 11-11-2015 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by alacran  
Create a Mx. Corporation.

Do I have to be a resident of Mexico to create a Mexican corporation?

ligui - 11-11-2015 at 07:29 PM

No you don't . easy to set up .:)

alacran - 11-11-2015 at 10:06 PM

I was just visiting Cabo, and bought some land, at the time, you had to own a corp. To own any land over 3,000 M2.
I did create a Corp.
At the time it cost $ 1,500 US.

bajatrailrider - 11-12-2015 at 08:54 AM

I dont know about business account.Bancomer give me account with out resident of Mexico.All other banks,would not.Now Im resident,will ask that question.

mtnpop - 11-12-2015 at 09:10 AM

I believe that you will have to have a registered name in Mexico of a business, corp, or entity that will have an ID # tied to it...
We just went thru this with a condominium regime similar to an HOA in the states.. we could not get a bank account without the correct tax ID numbers etc, etc...
Of course you just never know for sure until you try...

magentawave - 11-12-2015 at 11:38 AM

Does anyone know if the Mexican government will tax a virtual online business who's domain is hosted in Europe, gets none of their orders from Mexico, but has a business bank account in Mexico?

bajaguy - 11-12-2015 at 12:52 PM

You need to talk to a Mexican CPA or a Mexican Business Law Attorney......those would be the only accurate sources of information

Quote: Originally posted by magentawave  
Does anyone know if the Mexican government will tax a virtual online business who's domain is hosted in Europe, gets none of their orders from Mexico, but has a business bank account in Mexico?