BajaNomad

Music at Seņor Gecko's Restaurant

Pescador - 11-20-2015 at 11:24 AM

The Baja Beat will be playing at Saul's Seņor Gecko's Restaurant on the south side of Mulege on Friday evening, November 27th starting at 6. This should be a really great place to play as Saul has a great bar, a stage for the musicians, plenty of seating, and a great dance floor. Guaranteed that even the old and infirm get up and dance when we play La Bamba.

[Edited on 11-20-2015 by Pescador]

micah202 - 11-20-2015 at 11:27 AM

......is that an invitation........or a warning!? ;) :cool:

Pescador - 11-21-2015 at 03:24 PM

No Micah, that is a challenge. Come and see for yourself and then let me know how you liked it.
We had a really great night last night at Punta Chivato, Tomorrow at San Lucas Cove at the Bahia Restaurant and Bar, and we are looking forward to our first time at Saul's Seņor Gecko.

micah202 - 11-21-2015 at 04:09 PM

...sadly it's a challenge I can't meet this winter,,,recovering from knee replacement surgery.....hopefully next winter. ;)

Pescador - 11-22-2015 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  

...sadly it's a challenge I can't meet this winter,,,recovering from knee replacement surgery.....hopefully next winter. ;)

I read about your experience on the pain med discussion. Here is hoping for a speedy recovery and we will give you a rain check.
:cool::yes:

Pescador - 11-28-2015 at 08:45 AM

Well, you never know what you are going to run into the first night you go to a new place to play. While the crowd was not huge, it was enthusiastic and we really enjoyed meeting new people and spending time with friends who we have known a long time. We will be tweaking the sound a little and using a little different speaker set up for the large building that echoes a lot. Saul fed us a wonderful dinner afterwards and it was the best Mexican food I have had in Mexico. La Bamba was the most popular song of the evening so here is a short video from another venue we played this year.
https://youtu.be/cbJKf1U8IGg

dorado50 - 11-28-2015 at 06:01 PM

LIKE......

cocomo - 11-29-2015 at 08:36 AM

It was a fun night and the band sounded really together! Saul has a great dance floor, lots of space to cut it up.