BajaNomad

Good Cab from the Valley

Santiago - 11-28-2015 at 08:13 AM

Last trip thru the Valley we stopped in at Lechuza Winery for a tasting. Amongst the mix case of wines we bought were two bottles of their 2012 Cab Sauvignon. This wine was the hit of our week; all our NorCal friends just could not believe this came from Mexico.
For Mexican wines this is pricey, I think north of $40 but more than holds its own with other Cabs in this price range. If the price tag doesn't scare you, stop in and get a bottle or two, well worth it just for the look on your wine-snob friend's faces.

redhilltown - 11-29-2015 at 12:08 AM

Whilst I love fooling wine snob friends, my head swoons at what $40.00 will get me at Trader Joe's! That is four pretty darn good bottles or six decent ones! Or...we know what is next.

That said, I totally endorse buying wines in the valley and every trip I bring less and buy more there...support the locals. Really like going to Tres Valles...very nice people.

And that said, said, I will definitely buy a bottle and try it out next time we head south. Thanks for the tip.

bajaguy - 11-29-2015 at 08:02 AM

Contact them (Kris) before you show up to be sure they are there

http://vinoslechuza.com

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
Whilst I love fooling wine snob friends, my head swoons at what $40.00 will get me at Trader Joe's! That is four pretty darn good bottles or six decent ones! Or...we know what is next.

That said, I totally endorse buying wines in the valley and every trip I bring less and buy more there...support the locals. Really like going to Tres Valles...very nice people.

And that said, said, I will definitely buy a bottle and try it out next time we head south. Thanks for the tip.

Santiago - 11-29-2015 at 08:13 AM

Thanks for the reminder BG; yes, you need to email Kris as they don't have a walk-in tasting room with set hours.