BajaNomad

Buddhist Retreat?

pelone - 12-12-2015 at 12:00 PM

Planning a trip from Loreto to SJD---I enjoy getting off the beaten path. Noticed on Google Earth that a complex of buildings are clustered in the mountains north of the airport, west of Las Casitas off of Highway 1. The icon indicates that it is a Buddhist retreat. Do any Baja Nomads know of any information concerning this? Can one visit the area and how do I get further information about visiting the area?

mazatman - 12-12-2015 at 12:11 PM

Could it be Los Naranjos?

https://tsegyalgarwest.org/

Sounds like an interesting place to visit.

4x4abc - 12-12-2015 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pelone  
Planning a trip from Loreto to SJD---I enjoy getting off the beaten path. Noticed on Google Earth that a complex of buildings are clustered in the mountains north of the airport, west of Las Casitas off of Highway 1. The icon indicates that it is a Buddhist retreat. Do any Baja Nomads know of any information concerning this? Can one visit the area and how do I get further information about visiting the area?

Las Casitas is east of the highway

pelone - 12-12-2015 at 02:21 PM

I am pretty sure that the spot I am writing about is to the west of Casitas---toward the Pacific--last time that I checked Naranjo is to the west of Highway 1. But then----to you, it may be in an alternate universe.

motoged - 12-12-2015 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mazatman  
Could it be Los Naranjos?

https://tsegyalgarwest.org/

Sounds like an interesting place to visit.

Yes....that is it. It has gone through several incarnations as a "spiritual centre" over the years....

bajabuddha - 12-13-2015 at 09:02 PM

Find out if they serve martinis at the 5 pm ashram........ i'll show up sometime and teach 'em my favorite chant:

"OOOOooooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmabalzaritchin.....OOOooommmmmm.... :cool:

Cliffy - 12-13-2015 at 09:17 PM

Mongolian throat singing ? :-)

Paulclark - 12-14-2015 at 12:57 AM

It is on the Las Naranjos road, west from Hwy 1 north of the airport and has gone through a few aspirants. I think that originally it was to be a yoga retreat. Started construction about 1996 and limped along since then. Great peaceful and isolated location.

Paulclark - 12-14-2015 at 01:23 AM

It is on the Las Naranjos road, west from Hwy 1 north of the airport and has gone through a few aspirants. I think that originally it was to be a yoga retreat. Started construction about 1996 and limped along since then. Great peaceful and isolated location.

motoged - 12-14-2015 at 11:01 AM

Paul....you can say that again.....:biggrin: