BajaNomad

Lost at Horsepower Ranch

John M - 12-18-2015 at 05:58 PM

Leading up to the Baja 1000, Horsepower Ranch held a bit of a nice celebration - The Legacy Party, so we decided to go there on Wednesday the 18th. I'd stayed there a few years ago and had good memories of the food and accommodations. Due to this being race week, coupled with our poor planning we found that the rooms were sold out - didn't matter so much as Ensenada is kinda close by.

Once we arrived in the afternoon it was again obvious why this is such a cool environment - with the camaraderie, and gregariousness of the off-road community you can hardly miss having a good time. The bar was open and the hosted BBQ was on! The food was really to our liking, for outdoor dining and weather really cooperated.

Into the evening I lost our nice camera - and hoped it had found a good home. I had been all over the place and I just gave up the idea of trying to find it that night.

When we got home we called the office is So. Cal and talked with Andrew Naillon, one of the honchos there. He said he'd contact the staff and see what he could do. Well, a couple of weeks later the UPS driver showed up at our door with the camera - once lost/now found!

Special thanks to Andrew for following up on this for us, we are truly appreciative. And - if you can make the connection, this is a great place with matching atmosphere to start off a trip to Baja.

They have a website - www.hprbaja.com

John and Barbara M

***Edited on 12-19-2015 by John M***

Edit note - I thought that, before I get called out on it, I would fully disclose that the top photo was actually hijacked from the web - I was going to say simply that since my camera was lost for awhile that I didn't have any idea where it came from, but alas, my semi-honest personality won out and I convinced myself to 'fess up.

[Edited on 12-19-2015 by John M]

David K - 12-18-2015 at 06:05 PM

Great report John... and an A+ on your first Nomad photo postings!!! It isn't hard to post photos that fit the screen here, and you did great!

OUTSTANDING

bajaguy - 12-18-2015 at 06:07 PM

And where can I sign up for the line dancing lessons??

BornFisher - 12-18-2015 at 06:14 PM

Dang I`m glad you found that camera and its contents!!! Great report!!

bajatrailrider - 12-18-2015 at 06:58 PM

Great report,and dancing girls priceless.

woody with a view - 12-18-2015 at 07:09 PM

ay, carumba!

liknbaja127 - 12-18-2015 at 08:18 PM

That is great story! This is a great place to visit. got a chance to stay there, and It is very nice. I think Todd Cleamts ? (sorry not sure of spelling), is the owner. They also have a great party for the NORRA
race.

TMW - 12-18-2015 at 08:18 PM

Good for you John and the people at HPR.

TMW - 12-18-2015 at 08:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by liknbaja127  
That is great story! This is a great place to visit. got a chance to stay there, and It is very nice. I think Todd Cleamts ? (sorry not sure of spelling), is the owner. They also have a great party for the NORRA
race.

I don't remember where I read the story but Horse Power Ranch was sold a year or two ago to three guys one of which was Todd Clements. I think it sold in the 2-3 million range.

FYI for those that don't know Clements he was an original owner of Wide Open Baja.

[Edited on 12-19-2015 by TMW]

Ken Cooke - 12-18-2015 at 09:19 PM

Thats great that your camera was returned. Great photos, btw! :yes:

BajaBlanca - 12-20-2015 at 09:21 PM

very cool story!