BajaNomad

San Felipe to Mexicali SENTRI...........trouble

CortezBlue - 1-1-2016 at 09:26 AM

We were down in SF for the holiday week, but the wife got a cold and we had to come home Wed. We were going to go to San Luis to cross and then decided to go to Mexicali at the last moment.

We made our normal start at the Pemex, just to be on the safe side in case we get stuck in the line and have to "GO!"

We got to the SENTRI lane and there were cars all the way to the end of the lane. HMMMM, I thought perhaps someone was letting folks out to cross, but no!

The lane was packed from the beginning to the end. They had 2 lanes open and it took nearly a half hour to get back to the US side. Not sure if it was from the holidays or because it was during the week, but it was bad.

:O

larryC - 1-1-2016 at 09:51 AM

Was that at the west or east gate? I had the same experience at the east gate last June. I was traveling with another vehicle that didn't have Sentri, we entered the lines at the same time, he in regular pulling a trailer and me in Sentri. He made it to and through the border before I did but he had to go to secondary x-ray so I made it all the way through before he did but not by much.

CortezBlue - 1-3-2016 at 08:59 AM

Sorry
Yes, east.

rts551 - 1-3-2016 at 09:46 AM

Lately it seemsthe regular lane is better than the others.

gsbotanico - 1-3-2016 at 04:36 PM

At San Ysidro the Ready Lane is sometimes shorter and faster than the Sentri Lane. I cross every week and would say that the Sentri Lane on average is faster. Still it's frustrating when the Sentri Lane has few gates open and the inspectors seem to be on a work slowdown. Or a vehicle in front gets sent to Secondary Inspection by a random computer choice. This stalls the lane at least five minutes.

freediverbrian - 1-3-2016 at 07:29 PM

Crossed today at Mexicali east about 12:00 took about an hour in the ready lane . We did notice the sentri lane backed up ,think we crossed in less time than sentri lane ?

[Edited on 1-4-2016 by freediverbrian]

[Edited on 1-4-2016 by freediverbrian]