BajaNomad

Great Opportunity to help AND learn Spanish!

shari - 1-19-2016 at 09:51 AM

A good friend of our who some of you may know called me today asking about the possibility of finding a home visit scenario for his daughter in the San Diego area. Miguel Arce is an excellent fishing guide in our village of Bahia Asuncion and his daughter is an amazing 23 year old girl who is a teacher and wants to perfect her English by either studying or possibly finding work in the states at a later date but first would like to stay with a family so she can investigate the possibilities for her.

She has her passport and visa and speaks some English and is a real high achiever!!! She is also the Zumba teacher here in town and has a huge following! She is great with children and is willing to help out with the housework, cooking, childminding and can teach your family English too. She wont have much money of course so maybe something can be worked out for room & board or she will get a job later.

I can vouch for her enthusiasm for life and she would be a great asset to any household! So if someone has an extra room for her please contact me via U2U or email sharibondy@gmail.com and we can discuss it. I wont post her picture as it may elicit silly comments...she's a beauty!

[Edited on 1-20-2016 by shari]

BajaBlanca - 1-19-2016 at 03:31 PM

I do wish her luck - that is a great way to learn English and for someone else to practice their espanyol.

alacran - 1-19-2016 at 04:08 PM

ESPAŅOL

Bajahowodd - 1-19-2016 at 05:43 PM

Sounds like a wonderful young woman. So, what about a visa? Just asking since the border guys have so cracked down.

David K - 1-19-2016 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Sounds like a wonderful young woman. So, what about a visa? Just asking since the border guys have so cracked down.

First line of the second paragraph from Shari:
"She has her passport and visa and speaks some English and is a real high achiever!!!"

Bajaboy - 1-19-2016 at 09:37 PM

Thanks Shari for posting this! Bianka was up here over the summer but unfortunately her housing situation ended prematurely. We really enjoyed having her around.

In addition to your bio, Bianka has recently taught at the elementary school in Asuncion. She is so determined to learn English and is open to all options...both short and long term.

We have a few leads currently but hope something happens soon!

Thanks again Shari for posting this.

Zac

shari - 1-20-2016 at 07:59 AM

thanks Zac...you forgot to mention she is your esteemed neighbour in Bahia Asuncion!

Whale-ista - 1-21-2016 at 07:46 AM

Shari- check U2U

Bajahowodd - 1-22-2016 at 05:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

First line of the second paragraph from Shari:
"She has her passport and visa and speaks some English and is a real high achiever!!!"

I noted it. My post was more about how more difficult it is for Mexicans to enter the US legally.

You do realize how long, and how much money it takes for a Mexican to enter?

shari - 1-22-2016 at 07:28 PM

believe me I realize how long and how much money it takes for Mexicans to enter the states...my husband and daughter had to get visas and it was insane! This woman already has hers and has been to the states many times.

thank you all for your comments...she has now found what she was looking for...Baja Nomad comes through once again...against all odds and naysayers!!!!

Whale-ista - 1-23-2016 at 10:51 AM

Update: she is still looking for a homestay.

Please contact Shari for details.

liknbaja127 - 1-23-2016 at 07:10 PM

Shari, U to U us when you can.