BajaNomad

Any Current Surf Fishing Reports Pacific Coast CSL to Pescadero/Todos Santos

elskel - 1-26-2016 at 06:21 PM

Anyone fished recently, any current surf fishing reports Pacific coast to Cabo to Pescadero/Todos Santos? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks , bk

8knots - 2-1-2016 at 07:46 AM

Not red hot but there are fish when the waves lay down a bit. Been a lot of big surf making it hard to cast beyond them or not get knocked on your can when trying. Week ago I got one rooster and two sierra but saw only one other caught so I was lucky. Could turn on anytime and swell forecast is good after today.

Lee - 2-1-2016 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elskel  
Anyone fished recently, any current surf fishing reports Pacific coast to Cabo to Pescadero/Todos Santos? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks , bk

Always catch something at Punta Lobos but nothing in the last week. Big waves, some bites, but nothing but toro's which I throw back or give away. Nothing at Pedrito area.

elskel - 2-1-2016 at 01:45 PM

Hey you guy's, thanks for the report. I am flying in tomorrow with one of my son's. Look's like the surf is going to take a little break the next week. Look forward to putting him on a few fish the next week. Tight Lines, bk

Lee - 2-1-2016 at 03:39 PM

Hey you guy's, thanks for the report. I am flying in tomorrow with one of my son's. Look's like the surf is going to take a little break the next week. Look forward to putting him on a few fish the next week. Tight Lines, bk

Report back if you have a chance. Good to know who's catching what where.

elskel - 2-3-2016 at 04:48 PM

will post a report, will be fishing from beach sun, mon. and tues.
bk

Lee - 2-3-2016 at 06:16 PM

will post a report, will be fishing from beach sun, mon. and tues.
bk

If you make it to Lobos, try mid-beach where the ''home'' is located.

Tommy A - 2-4-2016 at 08:29 AM

Hi
What are the best months of the year to fish Punta Lobos? And are there any good hotels close by? Thx

Lee - 2-4-2016 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tommy A  
Hi
What are the best months of the year to fish Punta Lobos? And are there any good hotels close by? Thx

I new this once. Think things are dependent on El Nino. Water's about 70 at Lobos. Me and a buddy caught a 10 & 15 pound Sierra couple weeks ago. Toro's only since then. Going tomorrow, report back.

Lots of hotels, depends on your budget. I.e., affordable: Surf Camp in Pescadero.

chippy - 2-4-2016 at 10:20 AM

Those are huge sierras! Any photos? The 15 lber is only 3 lbs off the world record. You know what they say about reports with no photos?

[Edited on 2-4-2016 by chippy]

elskel - 2-6-2016 at 07:57 AM

Hey Lee, did you fish the last couple of days?
bk

fish report

elskel - 2-8-2016 at 04:09 PM

I fished yesterday (Sunday), up at Punta Lobo, super slow, no fish. Fished about 1.5 hours, surf was still up, no bait.

Fished today down south, 5 miles south of Ellias Calle, nada, did not see any bait. The surf was down, fished it for about an hour. Left and went back up North a few miles, did not see any bait. Fished another 30 minutes or so about 1 mile south of the Elias Calle bridge. I did see a little bait, but no fish.

Side note:
fishe last Thur. and Fri in buddy's panga out of CSL:
Thur. 3 Dorado , rough in morn after the winds the days before. Ran out past Jamie looking for some tuna, water was a bit off color out that way.
Fri. 3 Dorado, 1 Skijack - ran up the beach to Migrino, all Dorado 15 to 20#

I have to fly back to the states tomorrow for 6 days, return next Monday, if any one fishes shoot off a quick report.

I will be fishing in the morn in Pescadero, before heading to the airport, I will report back.
bk

Russ - 2-8-2016 at 05:50 PM

Sorry to hear there were no fish in the surf this trip.
Try http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2&si... for some of their ideas to surf fishing. I like the Carolina rig set up with Gulp if you can't find bait locally.I fish light. 8# max with a 6' fluorocarbon top shot before the egg sinker. Most fish I catch on the pacific side are in the white water all the way in to ankle deep. I also throw a lot of croks too in 5/8 oz. I use 1/2 & 3/4 oz egg sinkers depending on the currant.
Good luck on you return trip!

Lee - 2-8-2016 at 07:59 PM

Lobos, 6-7:30 am, Monday with a buddy, not a bite.

8knots - 2-9-2016 at 03:17 PM

Fished south of Conejo Saturday. 3 of us caught one corbina and saw no bait. Slow, but it could turn any day!

monoloco - 2-9-2016 at 05:08 PM

Big schools of sierra all along the beach in Pescadero the last few days.

Sierra CSL today - gorgeous

CaboMagic - 2-9-2016 at 07:51 PM

The Mofield Brothers from Longmont Colorado on panga with Capt Hugo
Day one of three
Feb 9, 2016

charlie3.jpg - 45kBcharlie.jpg - 46kBcharlie2.jpg - 95kB

Lee - 2-9-2016 at 08:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  

Where in Pescadero? Who's catching them? Don't see the boats of fishermen catching any from the Pedrito beaches.

On the other hand, fun waves at The Point today. Heard Cerritos is having fun too.

CaboMagic - 2-9-2016 at 08:19 PM

Pangero Hugo fished in the arroyo de migrino today and caught these sierra.

elskel - 2-10-2016 at 11:56 PM

I fished yesterday, Tues. in Pescadero 1 sierra, fished from tequilla ranch road to the south end of beach, finished at beach access @ tequilla ranch. Slow 1.5 hr for the one fish, not much bait seen. Fly back south on monday. Keep the reports coming. bk

8knots - 2-11-2016 at 02:37 PM

Fished north of Pastora today. About 20 locals fishing as well. Saw one sierra caught, no bait seen and very few fish seen for 2.5 hours. Got to pay dues for those rewarding days. I still feel it coming.

Lee - 2-11-2016 at 02:44 PM

Talked to someone at Pedrito Point couple days ago said he heard someone pulling in a big dorado around the rocks up there. Might be worth a try if you're in the area.

Pastora North?

elskel - 2-12-2016 at 07:36 AM

8knots, How far north of Pastora you been fishing? Up towards one of those arroyos? Have you fished all the way up towards the the farm on the beach/ pier? Only fished up that way once. bk

8knots - 2-12-2016 at 08:51 AM

I have fished up to the pier before with no luck. I fish Agua Blanca quite a bit.....this is where the 3 bocanas are. Today, I fished about 3/4 mile past Pastora. Everyone left pretty early as no sigh of fish and swell is building. Saw no life in water and no birds today.

monoloco - 2-12-2016 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Where in Pescadero? Who's catching them? Don't see the boats of fishermen catching any from the Pedrito beaches.

On the other hand, fun waves at The Point today. Heard Cerritos is having fun too.
I was on top of the hill above Gavilan a couple of evenings ago and could see big schools from the point going up towards the Tequila Ranch.

Lee - 2-12-2016 at 01:44 PM

I was on top of the hill above Gavilan a couple of evenings ago and could see big schools from the point going up towards the Tequila Ranch.

Beautiful. Wish I'd been at the Ranch to greet them.

elskel - 2-13-2016 at 08:52 AM

Thanks for the info, I had been planning heading back south on monday, some family issues are now postponing for a few. Keep the reports coming.
bk

8knots - 4-17-2016 at 03:48 PM

Been noticing a lot more fish while surfing lately. Before surf today I hit it for a while and ended up with two larger than usual Sierra. Good fish and good waves....hard to beat.

The Sierra had large bait in their gullet. Like one and done.

Any Current Surf Fishing Reports Pacific Coast CSL to Pescadero/Todos Santos

elskel - 4-19-2016 at 02:36 PM

8knots, Thanks for the report. I am heading south a week from today. Any more reports from anyone fishing the beach, CSL to Todos Santos. were you surfing the point? thanks, bk

elskel - 4-19-2016 at 02:41 PM

8knots, Have you fished lately north of Todos Santos?

8knots - 4-19-2016 at 04:14 PM

My gardener said they were catching big sierra and toro at Punta Lobos on the beach by the rocks. There have been a lot of fish crashing bait at Pastora and I fished successfully north of their. I think surf is dropping later in the week and I'll give it another try. First time in months I have seen so many fish and big bait in the water. Nice for a change as this year has been very slow off the beach.

elskel - 4-19-2016 at 04:19 PM

8knots, thanks for the update. surf been good up that way? were you fishing up north by the esteros? Post report if you get out again. Thanks brian

Past week report -- Wed. - Sunday

elskel - 5-1-2016 at 07:59 AM

Report for the last few days, wind and surf:
Wed. fished Punta Lobo area 1.5 hr windy and lumpy - nothing
returned to Pescadero 30 min. - nothing
not much bait

Thur. fished south of Elias Calle - 1 Sierra, not much bait seen,
wind

Friday fished south of Elias Calle - 1 Sierra and 1 Southern Stargazer (electric shock if eyes are touched), surf coming back up

Saturday, Nada

Sunday, Nada, surf

Not much bait seen up and down the beaches, will post a photo of the Stargazer later.
Adios, bk