BajaNomad

Moab Bible updated

PaulW - 2-4-2016 at 09:40 AM

FYI, The Guidebook we all use
Charles Wells has just released a third edition of his Moab trails book, with 34 new trails.
New guidebook covering 80 offroad adventures for Moab, Utah!
http://www.funtreks.com/guide-to-moab-ut-backroads-4wd-trail...
https://www.facebook.com/FunTreks/videos/10153996442689729/?...

TMW - 2-4-2016 at 12:33 PM

Thanks Paul, I ordered one for me and one for my son. Him and his buddies go there from Colorado Springs.

ehall - 2-4-2016 at 03:50 PM

You guys ever been there? A couple years ago the wife and I spent 7 days jeeping and felt like we barely scratched the surface. What a beautiful place.

TMW - 2-4-2016 at 08:58 PM

My son goes once a year at least with his friends and he always invites me but I usually have something else going on. I've never been there but one of these days I hope to.

ehall - 2-5-2016 at 07:38 AM

Next trip I am going take my bike and try not to hurt myself.

David K - 2-5-2016 at 09:39 AM

Want to go, never been. I hear it is a great place for low range crawling with lockers or A-TRAC!?

PaulW - 2-5-2016 at 11:02 AM

Moab has trips for an kinds of rigs. Last summer I took my daughter on some easy ones in her stock ford ranger 4wd. No damage underneath but it touched several times. She and husband had a blast. Beautiful place to go. Countless trails to choose from.
David, you have to pay attention to the ones that require lockers and lift. Consult your A-trac buddies as to suitability.

Sweetwater - 2-5-2016 at 11:11 AM

Lots of new rules and regulations which have made White Rim Trail a royal pain amongst others. The area is loved to death and has now suffered from overexposure and has become a tourist trap. When places get popularized, it's often that they get over run.

David K - 2-5-2016 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Moab has trips for an kinds of rigs. Last summer I took my daughter on some easy ones in her stock ford ranger 4wd. No damage underneath but it touched several times. She and husband had a blast. Beautiful place to go. Countless trails to choose from.
David, you have to pay attention to the ones that require lockers and lift. Consult your A-trac buddies as to suitability.

Thanks. There are some early YouTubes showing how an A-TRAC 4Runner climbed up one of those "front and rear locker required" climbs at Moab. I probably won't ever get out there and do anything that demanding. As I get older, I notice I am feeling less invincible! Of course, Neal Johns was driving the Widowmaker with his Tacoma, in his eighties!
:light::cool::bounce:

TMW - 2-5-2016 at 11:38 AM

Here is what my son goes in. It's his friend's hauler. They load up motorcycles, ATVs and a side by side and spend a week out there.