BajaNomad

Feb.15/16: SQ to Tecate

windgrrl - 2-15-2016 at 10:18 PM

More emerald greenery, bit of construction at the northerly end of the Ruta de Vina and waved without an inspection through the last check stop. Bit of construction entering Tecate near exit to Mexical and the downhill overpasses...just watch for the pylons and traffic flow.

Not all butterflies and rainbows, though. Got stuck in the line at the border for two hours and then sent to secondary for an agricultural (fresh fruits) check with a null result. Nothing that fresh churros couldn't fix.

Off to Canada next, hope you all have wonderful and safe travels,
W

[Edited on 2-16-2016 by windgrrl]

Udo - 2-16-2016 at 10:40 AM

Safe travels, amiga!

tiotomasbcs - 2-17-2016 at 04:06 PM

Seems like you're headed north early, Amiga. Has the wind on the East Cape started to back off early? Pescadero has been basking in warm days and nites with very light winds for over a week. I'm always looking for a springtime camping trip over there when the winds begin to abate. Hope your sailing season was Full Sail! Tio

dtbushpilot - 2-17-2016 at 04:36 PM

Thanks for the trip report, safe travels windgirl...

windgrrl - 2-19-2016 at 12:58 PM

We did head back north one month early, so I can help out at work. The wind was outstanding this year. We thought with an El Niņo that we wouldn't have much wind this year. Maybe the wind was able to kick in better because the warm water. It was mostly NW or NE, rather than N which made for very nice waves. I enjoyed sailing my smallest gear most of the past 3 months!

Many thanks for your good wishes. We arrived safe and sound yesterday in spring Chinook weather yesterday (but woke up to an Alberta blizzard today!)
W