BajaNomad

pacifico beer in SF ????

cj5orion - 2-22-2016 at 09:29 AM

my favorite "store" closed.
OXXO doesnt carry it.
PEMEX doesnt.
????

I'm going to Gonzaga for a couple weeks,maybe more,I can get all I want when I get there,,,BUT ! need,(yes...need,not want),:lol:,to get some in SF.

willardguy - 2-22-2016 at 10:50 AM

calimax or riviera?

StuckSucks - 2-22-2016 at 10:51 AM

Alfonsina's in November:

Alfonsina's in July

David K - 2-22-2016 at 10:59 AM

BYOB

MrBillM - 2-22-2016 at 11:20 AM

Steinlager.

Heineken.

OR, as I found from a recommendation HERE..............

Stella Artois.

Fall back on the Mex beers when out.

David K - 2-22-2016 at 11:26 AM

Pacifico, the official beer of Playa Frambes Resort and not just because Bob & Susan's dog likes it!

ehall - 2-22-2016 at 12:29 PM

Good excuse to go see coco. He always has pacifico. Lol

Bob and Susan - 2-22-2016 at 01:52 PM

sorry david...we let our beer license go...the "drinkers" stopped drinking : )

people ALL like different beers...too hard to please them all

I like miller lite...of course...none here..it's an import : )

JZ - 2-22-2016 at 01:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Steinlager.

Heineken.

OR, as I found from a recommendation HERE..............

Stella Artois.

Fall back on the Mex beers when out.

Lol at Heineken. chittiest beer known to man kind.

Hook - 2-22-2016 at 04:29 PM

Has anyone else had trouble getting Pacifico in 355ml bottles, outside of a restaurant?

JZ - 2-22-2016 at 05:19 PM

woody with a view - 2-22-2016 at 05:55 PM

how about bringing a 12 pack to suffer thru the dry areas until you get there?

DENNIS - 2-22-2016 at 05:59 PM

Cold,'n wet. The other stuff doesn't matter really.

A-OK - 2-22-2016 at 07:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cj5orion  
my favorite "store" closed.
OXXO doesnt carry it.
PEMEX doesnt.
????

I'm going to Gonzaga for a couple weeks,maybe more,I can get all I want when I get there,,,BUT ! need,(yes...need,not want),:lol:,to get some in SF.

Hey CJ- Doesn't hurt to support our landlords store at Rancho Grande? Always cold cases of Pacifico and more available. I know you know this. No matter what DKook the once- twice a year visitor says in his recent slander- this is the only Oasis within hours between nowhere and somewhere on this side and our Rancho Grande crew has and will help out just as much and more as his sponsored Baja Cactus infomercial over the Mountain will.

bajajudy - 2-22-2016 at 08:19 PM

There was a Pacifico shortage here a few weeks ago!?!?!

ehall - 2-22-2016 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Cold,'n wet. The other stuff doesn't matter really.

I concur

Pacifico - 2-22-2016 at 09:29 PM

A store in SF with Pacifico.....

Go north on the malecon and when you turn left at the end, go left on the first street you can. There is a store with a big Pacifico sign on the right!

Save me some!

Beeer

captkw - 2-22-2016 at 09:41 PM

Stella or nocha buena

cj5orion - 2-23-2016 at 06:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

Go north on the malecon and when you turn left at the end, go left on the first street you can. There is a store with a big Pacifico sign on the right!

Save me some!

near the "Rockodile" ??????
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.0233632,-114.8352975,17z

[Edited on 2-23-2016 by cj5orion]

Pacifico - 2-23-2016 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by cj5orion  

Save me some!

near the "Rockodile" ??????
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.0233632,-114.8352975,17z

[Edited on 2-23-2016 by cj5orion]

Close... It is north of the Rockodile on Av. Mar De Cortes Sur, I believe. It is about where the word "Sur" is on your map or maybe a little north of there....I'm 99% sure that is where it is. I can always find it when I'm there! It is a small store that always has a good supply of Pacifico!

Ok, I found it on the "street view" on your map. The pic shows Corona and Bud Light, but I swear I saw a Pacifico sign there...it is an old pic from Sept. 2009...

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.0253568,-114.8326499,3a,75y,...

[Edited on 2-23-2016 by Pacifico]

mcfez - 2-23-2016 at 01:21 PM

Correct. Cant miss it.

Save me some!

StuckSucks - 2-23-2016 at 03:31 PM

Ok, I found it on the "street view" on your map.

A map with push pin:

https://goo.gl/maps/upjvNBrprbN2

cj5orion - 2-24-2016 at 06:43 AM

Great Thanx !!!

right next to "club miramar"...that could be a problem ! :lol:

[Edited on 2-24-2016 by cj5orion]

Hook - 2-24-2016 at 07:35 AM

I dont think I've been in downtown SF since the late 80s or early 90s. What is that pedestrian structure headed out to that building with the faro?

WestyWanderer - 2-25-2016 at 12:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I dont think I've been in downtown SF since the late 80s or early 90s. What is that pedestrian structure headed out to that building with the faro?

That's a pedestrian bridge to a now abandoned night club which prior to that was the ice house for the shrimp boats. You can also walk up passed the building to the lighthouse on the bluff. There is a restaurant there (never tried it, has anyone?) as well as a shrine. Nice view of SF and the bay from the shrine

The Wide World of Beer

MrBillM - 2-25-2016 at 10:46 AM

One person's tasty Brew is another's trashy.

Which accounts for the hundreds (or thousands ?) of varieties worldwide.

Some of which are SO bad that most wonder "W-T-F" or "WHO the Hell would drink this" ?

Personally, I "like" most Mexican Beers (some more than others) with a limited few exceptions. Pacifico is Good, but (in my experience) it leaves an aftertaste.

It's simply that I like other Brews MORE and the limited volume consumed means that cost and availability isn't a factor for me.

I have to say that my recent sampling of Stella Artois has been enjoyable, though, with it's "milder" than Steinlager or Heineken taste, it stays in third.

BTW, speaking of BAD taste, the FACT that, aside from two Chinese Brews which enjoy their status due to China's HUGE population, the BEST selling beer in the WORLD is...................

"Bud Light".

W-T-F ?

[Edited on 2-25-2016 by MrBillM]

Hook - 2-25-2016 at 11:30 AM

I have always had adverse reactions (mostly headaches) to the flagship Anheiser Busch products (Bud, Bud Light) but I can't really fault them for flavor, as mass-produced American lagers go. They are fairly well balanced beers. Certainly more flavor than the biggies from Miller-Coors.

But those adverse reactions keep me away.

Bud Light seems to be selling REALLY well in Mexico with the younger, hip, upwardly mobile Mexican middle class. I wouldnt be surprised if it's the largest selling import beer in Mexico..........by far, really.

Stella is really a nice beer.

[Edited on 2-25-2016 by Hook]

bkbend - 2-25-2016 at 11:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Bud Light seems to be selling REALLY well in Mexico with the younger, hip, upwardly mobile Mexican middle class. I wouldnt be surprised if it's the largest selling import beer in Mexico..........by far, really.

[Edited on 2-25-2016 by Hook]

I looked at a can of Bud Light(not mine) the other day, not imported. Hencho en Mexico and a really small Modelo logo. Beer consolidation these days, you don't know who makes what and it's all the same, semi-tolerable bland.

A-B (InBev) OWNS the WORLD

MrBillM - 2-25-2016 at 11:58 AM

Other than China.

Including Stella.