BajaNomad

Motorcycle shops

Sweetwater - 3-4-2016 at 10:41 AM

I'd like to make a list of the towns along Baja that have a motorcycle shop that stocks some essentials. Let's say tubes, motorcycle oil and other essentials.

I know of a Honda and BMW shop in La Paz but don't know of other cities or towns that have them. This is for those of us who ride unsupported by a chase vehicle.

Please state the town, the name of the shop and if you know addresses or phones you get bonus points. For clarity, I'm not so interested in the border locations but further down the road.

Gracias.

First and best response so far from WillyAirstream. I'll try to consolidate information in this first post

Mulege, Just north of town, on the highway,
Pagdmir Hernandez Buckovecz and Daniel Buckovecz, contact via facebook. Both Baja 1k veterans, experienced riders on and off road, good english. Stock dirt bike tires and tubes. Specialize in Motos, but most of there work is on cars. They have contacts up and down Baja and can get most things overnight.

San Juanico... Diego Mayoral, contact via Facebook, doesn't stock parts, another baja mil vet. Most moto Parts available in Constitution. Some english.

Ensienada...Moy Buckovecz, contact via facebook, Daniels brother, another great guy, speaks english, parts available in town.

Loreto ..Rolando Fong, facebook, mostly, dirt bikes, no english

G.N ....jonathan ibarra, son of Pad, facebook, dirtbikes only, stocks tubes and tires and some small parts, chain, fluids etc. no english

[Edited on 3-5-2016 by Sweetwater]

BigBearRider - 3-4-2016 at 11:47 AM

Great initiative.

Special interest discussion forum?

AKgringo - 3-4-2016 at 01:05 PM

It seems to me that motorcycles deserve a forum of their own, just like boats, off road, fishing and hunting and other interests have.

If a useful list of shops is compiled, it would be the easiest way to find this thread later on.

willyAirstream - 3-4-2016 at 03:06 PM

Pagdmir Hernandez Buckovecz and Daniel Buckovecz, contact via facebook. Both Baja 1k veterans, experienced riders on and off road, good english. Stock dirt bike tires and tubes. Specialize in Motos, but most of there work is on cars. They have contacts up and down Baja and can get most things overnight.

San Juanico... Diego Mayoral, contact via Facebook, doesn't stock parts, another baja mil vet. Most moto Parts available in Constitution. Some english.

Ensienada...Moy Buckovecz, contact via facebook, Daniels brother, another great guy, speaks english, parts available in town.

G.N ....jonathan ibarra, son of Pad, facebook, dirtbikes only, stocks tubes and tires and some small parts, chain, fluids etc. no english

I have contacts for San Ignacio and Santa Rosilia, which I will post later.

These are all racing friends, great guys and will go out of their to help others.

Sweetwater - 3-4-2016 at 05:19 PM

Thanks willy, that's great solid information.

It sparked a distant memory of trying to buy a mirror in Constitucion on the west side of the main street. They had Chinese motos displayed on their curb. Is this the same place that you refer to in the San Juanico paragraph?

motoged - 3-4-2016 at 05:41 PM

Richard,
Killer info....gracias :saint:

bajatrailrider - 3-4-2016 at 11:58 PM

Im not in business of selling,MC parts.I do have large stock,tires/ultra HD tubes/chains/oil. For my Bikes,If you in trouble PM me.Im in San Vicente.

BigBearRider - 3-5-2016 at 01:05 AM

The place in Mulege is on the west side if the HWY just as you enter town from the north, shortly after the official Mulege (Hab. 3,111) sign, right?

willyAirstream - 3-5-2016 at 07:09 AM

Big Bear, correct. Small shop, sits below the highway, stop in and introduce yourself, you will enjoy them.

sweetwater, not sure which place you refer too. The place I mean is called Constitution Auto Partes, large store on the boulevard. They speak only Spanish. Slow to respond to chat, text and emails, but very helpful on the phone. btw, Mexican and Chinese motos are now being sold everywhere, even Coppels , 125's mostly, for about 22,000 pesos!

JC43 - 3-5-2016 at 09:20 AM

There are two motorcycle shops in Cabo San Lucas. Sorry I`m not a rider that´s why I donno the names. The one is located coming into CSL from Todos somewhere across from Soriana, The other one under the new fly-over > coordinates: 22 54.03.04 N / 109 55.13.46 W. The fly-over on the short cut which connects the Corridor with the Todos Santos highway. The shop is located right next to the bridge on the street leading north bound. On Thursday my team came back from Ensenada and we were accompanied by a whole bunch of BMW riders going South. BTW, who might be interested in motorcycles, there are plenty for sale on Cragslist Baja Sur. There is also a shop inside the mall selling motorcycles and parts. For real dirt bikes, it seems to me the KTM is the best. For both, road and off road the BMW is used the most as a BMW rides more comfortable.

JC43 - 3-5-2016 at 09:26 AM

Something on that Bucovecz shop in Mulege: Be aware if it comes to pay your bill. Bucovecz likes to overcharge foreigners. >>>Oh, a Gringo: double the price!!! I can tell that from own experience of one of my team members. So it is not a rumor - no bad mouthing!

[Edited on 3-5-2016 by JC43]

willyAirstream - 3-5-2016 at 10:30 AM

JC.....That certainly is `` bad mouthing `` !!

They have fair prices for everyone, except buttcracks.

JC43 - 3-5-2016 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
JC.....That certainly is `` bad mouthing `` !!

They have fair prices for everyone, except buttcracks.

Oh,,,,,, it`s you paying the double amount ??? I didn`t know.

Sweetwater - 3-6-2016 at 09:05 AM

Anyone with more info is welcome to post up your info here, there's a lot of blank space above what's listed. Seems like San Felipe should have some resources?

bajatrailrider - 3-6-2016 at 09:12 AM

Here is question for you moto heads.When we ride without support truck.We run Ultra HD tubes 4mil thick.While I always have plenty extras at the house.Does anybody carry these tube in Baja?

JC43 - 3-6-2016 at 03:46 PM

There is a "Llanta " dealer in La Paz who can order everything within a day or two. We had a damage at the side of one tire with our Monaco last year as those tires are HD as well. And side damage can not be repaired. So he ordered a special tube. Guess what: We are still rolling on the same tire. The name is: Super Llantas Sato. Located in 5 de Febrero. Across from McDonald. (612-128 7897)

willardguy - 3-6-2016 at 05:21 PM

I know you mentioned not so concerned about border towns.....but the ford dealership in rosarito closed and is now a motorcycle parts store,last I looked they had a growing inventory of quality parts and apparel

Sweetwater - 3-26-2016 at 10:35 AM

A couple more resources that I stumbled upon over the past 3 weeks through experience.

Vizcaino has Gral. Lázaro Cárdenas and a shop which is somewhat different than the 2009 Streetview I'm getting. It's been painted white rather than yellow and is now named:

Refacciones Y Accesories ProOne

They had master links for a 520 chain.

There's also a younger man who works on motos named Samuel that lives in a neighborhood across from my favorite eats, Taqerria Yulissa. Pull into the Taller north and east of there and they can call him. He's a great guy who lived in Phoenix and has excellent English. He can get weekday deliveries from Ensenada and in hindsight we should have just waited for the master link we needed rather than have him weld in the 520 that didn't really fit.

Next up was another master link, this time I found the 525 that my buddy needed in San Felipe. Jaime's Cyclista Shop is on the hill between Kiki's and the roundabout Pemex station, Av. Mar Caribe Nte. He's on the south side in a white house with a small sign. Most locals can direct you to him, the courtyard is loaded with motos. Streetview shows his shop with some quads outside the courtyard, they weren't there last Sunday.

Many great adventures and thanks to AirstreamWilly for an entertaining fishing contest celebration.....

tripledigitken - 3-26-2016 at 10:45 AM

Sounds like a master link might be a good addition to a go bag.

rts551 - 3-26-2016 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
A couple more resources that I stumbled upon over the past 3 weeks through experience.

Vizcaino has Gral. Lázaro Cárdenas and a shop which is somewhat different than the 2009 Streetview I'm getting. It's been painted white rather than yellow and is now named:

Refacciones Y Accesories ProOne

They had master links for a 520 chain.

There's also a younger man who works on motos named Samuel that lives in a neighborhood across from my favorite eats, Taqerria Yulissa. Pull into the Taller north and east of there and they can call him. He's a great guy who lived in Phoenix and has excellent English. He can get weekday deliveries from Ensenada and in hindsight we should have just waited for the master link we needed rather than have him weld in the 520 that didn't really fit.

Next up was another master link, this time I found the 525 that my buddy needed in San Felipe. Jaime's Cyclista Shop is on the hill between Kiki's and the roundabout Pemex station, Av. Mar Caribe Nte. He's on the south side in a white house with a small sign. Most locals can direct you to him, the courtyard is loaded with motos. Streetview shows his shop with some quads outside the courtyard, they weren't there last Sunday.

Many great adventures and thanks to AirstreamWilly for an entertaining fishing contest celebration.....

The Pro 1 place is Del Valle Auto Parts. They have a lot of stuff.

rts551 - 3-26-2016 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
I'd like to make a list of the towns along Baja that have a motorcycle shop that stocks some essentials. Let's say tubes, motorcycle oil and other essentials.

I know of a Honda and BMW shop in La Paz but don't know of other cities or towns that have them. This is for those of us who ride unsupported by a chase vehicle.

Please state the town, the name of the shop and if you know addresses or phones you get bonus points. For clarity, I'm not so interested in the border locations but further down the road.

Gracias.

First and best response so far from WillyAirstream. I'll try to consolidate information in this first post

[Edited on 3-5-2016 by Sweetwater]

Johnathon IBarra (son of Pedro Ibarra del La Toba) Lives in Vizcaino. Family operates the old Gas station.

Sweetwater - 3-26-2016 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tripledigitken  
Sounds like a master link might be a good addition to a go bag.

No chite, especially if you have an unusual size chain (525). We had multiple 520 replacements in our kits and available to buy. Two of us were covered but we didn't know about the third bikes size until the chain failed. That rider will carry a spare or convert his sprockets and chain to the 520 size.

Gulliver - 3-26-2016 at 04:08 PM

I have been in the Mulege Bukovicz shop several times when gringos have stopped with problems and watched Daniel refuse payment for minor fixes some of which took damned near an hour.

Richard and I were there when Daniel stored Nikki's CBR600 overnight and then fixed its coolant leak the next day for nothing thus getting her on her way to central america without delay

Also, they are a good source of recommendations when the problem isn't something they do like A.C. recharging. I am Spanish language retarded so going to people who put up cheerfully with my marooonic attempts at communication is a big plus.