BajaNomad

Nice evening in La Bocana

rts551 - 3-5-2016 at 06:58 PM

Dinner and drinks in La Bocana. Good dinner. Nice visit with Les and Blanca. Nice "quick" chat with the folks from Loreto that were staying in the cabanas.

willardguy - 3-5-2016 at 08:47 PM

grab a couple cans of smoked yellowtail from the cannery while you were up there?

unbob - 3-6-2016 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
grab a couple cans of smoked yellowtail from the cannery while you were up there?
yellowtail = jurel - correcto? I love that jurel ahumado!

BajaBlanca - 3-6-2016 at 08:59 AM

correcto! unbob - have we met? FYI we have a huge grocery store now and you can buy the canned goods any day from 8 to 9 pm.

good to see you Ralph! I am glad the food you chose was tasty.

rts551 - 3-6-2016 at 09:54 AM

Can not go wrong with shrimp, Blanca.

willardguy - 3-6-2016 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by unbob  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
yellowtail = jurel - correcto? I love that jurel ahumado!

I've searched high and low up norte for progresso smoked yellowtail and finally found a TJ 6th street fish market that sells it, course if you happen to be in la bocana you can also load up on their bonito jerky! good stuff!:yes:

[Edited on 3-6-2016 by willardguy]

WideAngleWandering - 3-6-2016 at 07:17 PM

chit, I just blew through la Bocana and had no idea. That's on the list for next time for sure.

[Edited on 2016-3-7 by WideAngleWandering]

BajaBlanca - 3-6-2016 at 07:52 PM

you did WHAT?

oh oh oh so sorry to hear that! we are here! even if you stay at the cabaņas, come and visit us!

WideAngleWandering - 3-7-2016 at 06:10 AM

I know, its terrible. We got off to a late start and spent too much time on the beaches between there and Asuncion so we made a (bad) decision to keep on truckin. Next time for sure.

unbob - 3-9-2016 at 07:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
correcto! unbob - have we met?
Hola Blanca! No, we haven't met. I spend the winter in La Ventana and have never stopped at your place.

I'm always a bit confused when La Bocana is mentioned here since there are two - one north and the other south. Is it generally assumed that "your" LB is "the" LB?

BajaBlanca - 3-9-2016 at 08:30 PM

it is very confusing to have 2 la bocanas. we know something is definitely off when we have a reservation email that says that they will arrive early after leaving san diego at 8 am.

nooooooooooooooot

unbob - 3-10-2016 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
it is very confusing to have 2 la bocanas.
And so it is in Mexico - many, many towns with the same name. My "favorite" example is 'San Carlos' - they're everywhere!

BajaBlanca - 3-10-2016 at 08:18 AM

you know what? we had a very hard time on the mainland with this confusion of names

to GPS a name, you must have the full name of the town or, as we discovered after 5 hours, you end up in the wrong town....we were going to San Miguel de Allende from Mexico City and literally drove in circles for about 5 hours. Not too much fun except we ended up in a restaurant which we would never have seen, that served some local food that was exotic and delicious.