BajaNomad

Fishing Gear in S Felipe

Marc - 3-12-2016 at 08:40 AM

I assume there is a fishing gear shop/store there. I need lures.

Bajazly - 3-12-2016 at 09:38 AM

Go right at the end of the Malacon and there is a blue hardware store on the right hand side. I found some spoons in there and they can tell you of another place that might have some but there is not a lot there. In B de LA I have seen some in the mercados but best to have what you need before you go.

Perceburzr - 3-12-2016 at 02:32 PM

Not much fishing gear available in San Felipe.

amigobaja - 3-12-2016 at 07:24 PM

not enough fish to worry about fishing gear in SF

redhilltown - 3-13-2016 at 12:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by amigobaja  
not enough fish to worry about fishing gear in SF

Sadly true...but could be heading to points south? Always best to load up on tackle on this side of the border if you can.

PaulW - 3-14-2016 at 03:04 PM

At the Saturday swap meet in El Dorado there is a guy that has a huge table full of various lures and a rack of poles all for sale. He seems to be there on occasion when I walk by.

mcfez - 3-14-2016 at 07:37 PM

There is no real gear in San Felipe. You be very lucky to find something that you may need. Very lucky. Load up a spare box of gear to take along on any fishing trip.

Fishing is null in the San Felipe area. You'll have more luck catching a fish on a platter at a malecon restaurant. Head down to the town of Puertecitos .... located 90 kilometers south of San Felipe. Our fishing starts about 4 miles past this town. Lots of shoreline spots.....some really great coves...and plenty of rental of skippers down there.

..........there is a cove 4 miles south from Puertecitos. :cool: Look for a large sailboat parked.

[Edited on 3-15-2016 by mcfez]