BajaNomad

Daylight Savings Time

MMc - 3-13-2016 at 10:33 AM

Don't to forget to change the clocks.
Please enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EUTMPuvHo

StuckSucks - 3-13-2016 at 11:17 AM

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Daylight Saving Time - How Is This Still A Thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0NW9ufUUw

David K - 3-13-2016 at 01:00 PM

Funny stuff you two!

Bajahowodd - 3-13-2016 at 05:24 PM

Most certainly agree with John Oliver on this. In 2018, daylight savings time accomplishes nothing other than people having to run around their houses and go to their cars to reset clocks.

Then, there is the fact that many countries do not adopt it, and in fact some states in the US don't either.

It just screws with peoples circadian rhythms causing more discomfort and illnesses.

There is a movement to abolish DST, you ought to check it out.

Barry A. - 3-13-2016 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Most certainly agree with John Oliver on this. In 2018, daylight savings time accomplishes nothing other than people having to run around their houses and go to their cars to reset clocks.

Then, there is the fact that many countries do not adopt it, and in fact some states in the US don't either.

It just screws with peoples circadian rhythms causing more discomfort and illnesses.

Well, I hope it is unsuccessful!!! I have always LOVED "daylignt savings time" because-----ta da-------it saves daylignt, and you get an additional hour to play before darkness falls upon you and brings your day to a dark close. (sigh)

David K - 3-13-2016 at 06:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Well, I hope it is unsuccessful!!! I have always LOVED "daylignt savings time" because-----ta da-------it saves daylignt, and you get an additional hour to play before darkness falls upon you and brings your day to a dark close. (sigh)

We love it too... I wish it would stay the same ALL year (at Daylight Savings, that is.)

Most of the year is Daylight Savings, afterall.

The issue is little kids going to school in the dark on winter mornings... Start school an hour later rather than make the entire state change all the clocks for just four months a year.

woody with a view - 3-13-2016 at 06:41 PM

i'd rather be on the jobsite in the light at 6am. OOOPS, that was possible last week-this week, not so much!

SFandH - 3-14-2016 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
i'd rather be on the jobsite in the light at 6am. OOOPS, that was possible last week-this week, not so much!

Yes, that's for sure. When I was working, the earlier the sun came up the better. Time to wake up and go to work, quick! And after busting my butt for 8 or 10 hours the last thing I wanted was daylight in the evening. Get rid of the sun, have something to eat, and go to sleep early so I can get up early and beat the boss to work.

If I were King, next fall we would set the clocks back and then no more of this spring forward, fall back nonsense.

[Edited on 3-15-2016 by SFandH]

David K - 3-14-2016 at 04:12 PM

Funny, just the opposite thinking from my family and others I know... After work (5-6 pm, when most get home from jobs) it is so nice to have some daylight to enjoy life outdoor a bit.
Otherwise, all the glorious daylight is wasted while you are in an office or working with none to enjoy family or personal outside activity.
Work to Live... and enjoy life after work to reduce the depth of the rut.

Bajahowodd - 3-14-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Funny, just the opposite thinking from my family and others I know... After work (5-6 pm, when most get home from jobs) it is so nice to have some daylight to enjoy life outdoor a bit.
Otherwise, all the glorious daylight is wasted while you are in an office or working with none to enjoy family or personal outside activity.
Work to Live... and enjoy life after work to reduce the depth of the rut.

Maybe you ought to conduct an experiment in your household where come next December, you set your clocks to DST and see what the morning looks like. Very dark.

David K - 3-14-2016 at 04:52 PM

I don't disagree that it is dark at 6 am (it was this morning)...
I just like the afternoons and early evenings for some outdoor time, other than in the dark. Maybe it's a California thing, where it isn't freezing at 7 pm?

alacran - 3-14-2016 at 07:37 PM

IT IS A NONSENSE, CREATED IN AMERICA. WHEN PERHAPS IT MADE SENSE, BUT NOT ANYMORE.

durrelllrobert - 3-15-2016 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

WELCOME back Barry - long time no read

durrelllrobert - 3-15-2016 at 09:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by alacran  
IT IS A NONSENSE, CREATED IN AMERICA. WHEN PERHAPS IT MADE SENSE, BUT NOT ANYMORE.

In fact when the Navaho tribe invented it they would cut 12 inches off the top of their balnkets every fall and sew it on the bottom to keep their feet warmer during the winter. Then every spring they would remove it from the bottom and re-sew it on the top so their feet would be cooller during the summer.
Now a recent Scientific study has found that their balankets allways remained the same length, sota like DST.:lol:

amigobaja - 3-15-2016 at 11:19 AM

I always disliked leaving the bar in daylight. Between longer summer days and time change I'm told this helped contribute to having three wives. So I blame it on Daylight savings.

Bajahowodd - 3-16-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Quote: Originally posted by alacran  

In fact when the Navaho tribe invented it they would cut 12 inches off the top of their balnkets every fall and sew it on the bottom to keep their feet warmer during the winter. Then every spring they would remove it from the bottom and re-sew it on the top so their feet would be cooller during the summer.
Now a recent Scientific study has found that their balankets allways remained the same length, sota like DST.:lol:

Study up about the spelling of blanket. Then post again. Or maybe don't post after too many tequilas.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BajaBlanca - 3-17-2016 at 07:32 AM

although it is really hard to go to school while it is dark in the am, it is wonderful to have hours of light at the end of the day!