BajaNomad

TMW comes to La Bocana

BajaBlanca - 3-13-2016 at 07:39 PM

so today was a very special day! Tom was coming to Baja and offered to stop by mom's house and bring me all the goodies she had for my teens.

with perfect timing, he arrived in time for a surprise birthday lunch we were having for our neighbor Gary- As a starter, Les made a vegetable soup, I made homemade croutons. Then we had steak, baked potatoes with mushroom sauce, cole slaw and a fresh salad our neighbor Cyndi brought beets with heirloom tomatoes and lettuce from her garden. Everything was melt in your mouth delicious:

Then Cyndi and Marcelo went home for naps and right as they are leaving, Barrett from Loreto Coco Cabanas, Auggie from Auggie's in Loreto and a friend of theirs show up and we start part dos of the party:

Tom plans on coming back next month and spending more time here, a group of guys and he are headed to the las tunas ranch, which will make an amazing trip report:

Thanks Tom and mom already bought a lot more stuff!

bajaumpaw - 3-13-2016 at 08:36 PM

You might know. When I'm out of town, ya'll have a big get together. I can't believe that the famous Augie of Augie's Bar & Bait Shop, in Loreto, was actually sitting in your dining room. Wow, I'm impressed. Way to go Blanca. You continue to give La Bocana a little pizzazz.

David K - 3-13-2016 at 10:08 PM

Great to see him there.
Let Tom know his Spot signals came in fine all day.

BajaBlanca - 3-14-2016 at 09:27 AM

He took off right after lunch so as to make it back to States today, Monday. But it is great that he had a spot and that it worked. Being in remote parts of Baja, as he was, behooves having one.

bajumpaw - LOL when will you be back?

Ateo - 3-14-2016 at 10:59 AM

Tom is always so helpful with intel on Baja roads! Saw him Saturday while he was on his way south for about 1/10 of a second as we crossed paths on the dirt road from Coco's Corner. Anyway, hope you had a good time Blanca and Tom.

BajaBlanca - 3-14-2016 at 02:58 PM

yup! that was him indeed flying thru Coco's - he says he always takes goodies to him.....I am trying to remember what it is Coco loves to eat, but I can't remember.

someone did mention that he always wants WIRING.

we did have a good time! can't wait til the whole gang comes in April.

David K - 3-14-2016 at 04:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
yup! that was him indeed flying thru Coco's - he says he always takes goodies to him.....I am trying to remember what it is Coco loves to eat, but I can't remember.

someone did mention that he always wants WIRING.

we did have a good time! can't wait til the whole gang comes in April.

Oranges (was one)... Cat food was another (for the kitties, not Coco).

David K - 3-14-2016 at 05:15 PM

Tom just is getting to the border line (Mexicali) now. Zip/zoom trip!

TMW - 3-15-2016 at 01:34 PM

I had a great time. Took Pancho his generator control module and Blanca the stuff from her moms house in SD.

Just before turning off Hwy 1 at Chapala to Cocos going north I got a check engine light on my GMC. It acted up a little but seemed OK. I put a tester on it and it said Bank 1 Sensor 1 failure. I stopped at Pep Boys in Calexico but their mechanic had gone home. It seemed to run OK all the way home but lost power a block from home. Started sputtering. AAA is towing it to my mechanic. I may have damaged a cat converter by running it so long.

No problem I still have my Tacoma.

BajaBlanca - 3-15-2016 at 03:07 PM

a block from home? boy.....sorry to hear that.