BajaNomad

Exede

Sjsam - 3-19-2016 at 01:08 PM

Anyone having problems with Exede? Been getting slow and slower . Sometimes like hueges ? I have talked to others that say the same issue

[Edited on 3-19-2016 by Sjsam]

[Edited on 3-19-2016 by Sjsam]

Bob and Susan - 3-19-2016 at 01:48 PM

you're fap'ed

edit: or you have a bunch of cell phones sucking up all the bandwith
apps on cell phones are bandwith suckers...they can slow you to a crawl

[Edited on 3-19-2016 by Bob and Susan]

Sjsam - 3-19-2016 at 02:41 PM

I'm not using iPhone. Mostly iPad. I'm not sure what fap'ed is?

larryC - 3-19-2016 at 03:34 PM

Fapped just means that you may have gone over your gig allotment. Or you may have a dish pointing issue. I'm an Exede installer. What are the lights on the modem doing? Do you lose the lights occasionally? One big issue I have noticed in some of the repairs I have done is the installer using sub standard coax. Exede requires solid copper coax, check yours with a magnet, if it is magnetic then that could be your problem. good luck with it.

Sjsam - 3-19-2016 at 05:32 PM

Coax is not magnetic lights are normal blink sometimes but that seams normal. It seams to happen more mid morning to late afternoon .im not the only one having this problem. I had Hugehs before and had a simaler problem .was wondering if it might be the time of the year?Hugehs seamed to get simaler to this in the late winter early spring. It happens when I have a full gig allotment sometimes it just will not work at all

[Edited on 3-20-2016 by Sjsam]

larryC - 3-19-2016 at 05:45 PM

Check your u2u

AKgringo - 3-19-2016 at 06:15 PM

I don't know if it is a factor in your case, but in Anchorage, satellite communications are occasionally disrupted when they are in direct alignment with the sun.

Pescador - 3-20-2016 at 09:09 AM

When I first had Exede installed I got 22 MBPS download and much better uploads. I think there are a whole lot more people on the system and sometimes I see slowdowns during the day. if you go to :
http://www.speedtest.net/index.php
You can test the actual speeds and then see if you have an aiming issue. If it drops below 11, you either need to re-aim or replace the LNB.

I now average 16-18 tops. but where I live in Baja, it is still the best option available.

larryC - 3-20-2016 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
When I first had Exede installed I got 22 MBPS download and much better uploads. I think there are a whole lot more people on the system and sometimes I see slowdowns during the day. if you go to :
http://www.speedtest.net/index.php
You can test the actual speeds and then see if you have an aiming issue. If it drops below 11, you either need to re-aim or replace the LNB.

I now average 16-18 tops. but where I live in Baja, it is still the best option available.

I have installed about 60 Exedes in BoLA, and the Ensenada outfit has installed another 20 or so. Of the 20 they installed I have had to go out and replace the coax on about 5 of them because of the service dropping out. New coax, end of problem. You can check the coax by using a strong magnet and place it against the center core of the coax at the modem end. If it is magnetic then that could be the source of the problems. Some other problems I have found are bad modems, 1 of theirs and 3 of my installs the modem has gone bad, 1 was bad right out of the box. Several problems have been dish alignment. A lot of the roofs down there are made with 2x4 rafters and when the dish in mounted and aimed with the tech standing on the roof the alignment is good but when you step off the roof the alignment changes and you get a poor signal. The alignment is pretty critical. I have not yet run across a bad eTRIA (LNB) but of course it could happen but they are expensive and to replace one without knowing that it is the cause of the problem could be a mistake. Also if you have a wireless router in the system disconnect it and see if your problem goes away, I run into a lot of router problems.
Again good luck with yours.

Bob and Susan - 3-20-2016 at 12:01 PM

todays speed was 18 but we run 19-20 here in mulege all the time...

my cable is just buried in the ground...it seems to work ok...
the installer in the bay of la may have made bad connectors

we've had the system about a year...best system available for now

check your account...i'll bet you are fap'ed...even faped it's faster than hughes was

edit...oh yea larryc could be right about the wireless router..we had to dump the old one and buy a new one that was compatible

spd3-20.jpg - 60kB

[Edited on 3-20-2016 by Bob and Susan]

larryC - 3-20-2016 at 01:14 PM

Bob
Hope you used direct burial coax, I didn't use it one time and it didn't last too long before the moisture and salt got through the outer jacket and corroded braided shield.

Bob and Susan - 3-20-2016 at 01:45 PM

I have more...it seems I have to have back up stuff for everything

fallingSwede - 3-23-2016 at 03:30 PM

What's the furthest south you guys have gotten the service to work?

ncampion - 3-23-2016 at 05:45 PM

We had Exede installed in Loreto about 4 weeks ago and it has been terrible. It loses connection constantly and while the down speed is generally good between 10 - 15mbs, the up speed is terrible at less than 0.1 plus high latency of around 750 ms. Funny as it may sound, the slow up speed actually affects your ability to download web pages as the download occurs in sequential stages that depend on the upload of requests to the page. In addition, we hit our 10gigs after about two weeks, this without movies or other high bandwidth downloads. Don't know what's going on, but quite dissatisfied at this point.

larryC - 3-23-2016 at 06:09 PM

I have heard from another Exede user down just below Loreto and he can't get his system to work at all. When he tries to aim the dish he gets the steady tone on the eTRIA but no signal strength on the receive meter.
ncampion, what signal strength are you getting? I suspect you are on the annik F2 sat, up in BoLA we get between 13 and 14 for signal strength.
Larry

Bob and Susan - 3-23-2016 at 06:09 PM

ncampion...your problem is phones...

the running apps suck the bandwith...
and when the apps are turned off the phones still are "looking" for wifi
and sucking the "speed" (bandwith)

you need to put all phones on airplane mode until you are using them on wifi

the data can be taken by apps on the phone like weather apps
or settings on facebook (videos on automaticly) or game that use VOIP or video skype or facetime

your solution to the data download problem is get a wifi router that limits the wifi usage per day...when the router cuts you off you KNOW you are using too much

make sure the wifi is secured and no neighbors are using your service
if its not secured people will use it and never tell you

Mula - 3-23-2016 at 06:26 PM

I've got Exede at the rancho in San Nicolas between Mulege and Loreto on the Sea of Cortez side, but no hope of getting it in Lopez Mateos at the house - on the Pacific side.

But San Juanico to the north of Lopez gets Exede.

So FRUSTRATING. I'm paying for 2 services!!!!!
What I get for having 2 places . . .... damn!