BajaNomad

Planning to go to SF

villafontana - 3-24-2016 at 06:51 PM

Hey guys im planning to go to SAn Felipe tomorrow. I dont have reservations
nothing. Just my camping gear. I now its good friday and stuff. Do u recomend the trip? Is it gonna be very crowded? I have no place to camp. Please advice.

ehall - 3-24-2016 at 07:00 PM

If beaches are overcrowded there is alot of desert and mountains to explore and enjoy.

villafontana - 3-24-2016 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
If beaches are overcrowded there is alot of desert and mountains to explore and enjoy.

Any camping suggestions near SF, Ehall??

liknbaja127 - 3-24-2016 at 07:19 PM

Try Pete's camp they have a good overflow area, showers, and restaurant. also a very nice bar:P

villafontana - 3-24-2016 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by liknbaja127  
Try Pete's camp they have a good overflow area, showers, and restaurant. also a very nice bar:P
i

Walk inns allowed Lik? I went to their site and says i need reservation:no::no:

nbacc - 3-24-2016 at 07:41 PM

VERY crowded....everywhere. Can you wait a week?

liknbaja127 - 3-24-2016 at 07:46 PM

The over flow was what we used. never been on this weekend, But have spent a few race weekends there! Good luck with your trip, SF
is always a fun place!

villafontana - 3-24-2016 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nbacc  
VERY crowded....everywhere. Can you wait a week?

I can do that Nba. I dont like overcrowded places.:fire:

AKgringo - 3-24-2016 at 09:54 PM

Do you have a vehicle that will crawl over washed out trails and sandy arroyos?

I have found a few nice campsites that way, even during Semana Santa, but I was in Baja Sur at that time.

David K - 3-24-2016 at 10:22 PM

Shell Island will be your only escape from camping crowds. Km.26 then 2 miles to the beach, at low tide, depending on lunar phase. No services, just a natural beach as it was 1,000 years ago. 4WD and deflate tires to 10-20 psi to look for camping spot. 1 mile to the south and 3 miles to the north is the length of the island from the end of the road.

bajapedro - 3-25-2016 at 06:15 AM

Agree, Shell Island will be a perfect place. Have a home in Percebu and it will be packed there.(it looks out at the Northern tip of Shell Island) I find that the the campers there, pretty much stay in the lagoon area, riding mostly in circles and rarely venture out to the desert. Have gone to Shell Island to get away from the noised crowd on Easter Weekend. Just checked the tide chart and their is only a 15.5 hight tide Friday at 2:40, which makes Shell Island accessible.
As Dave has said, It truly is a Magical Place.
Have fun!

ehall - 3-25-2016 at 07:36 AM

Are you set on camping by the beach? Mikes sky ranch is only a couple hours from SF and a lot higher in elevation and cooler. There are a lot of great camping spots along the stream and under the huge cottonwood trees.

villafontana - 3-27-2016 at 06:03 PM

Thank u all for ur suggestions! I went to SF, and took likn advice and crashed in Pete's camp! No vacancy though, but i left my number, call back in 90 minutes, and they had a spot for us from a late cancelation. Had a blast in the camp, although in SF was overwhelmed! Just awful. Everywhere we went we had to wait on a long line! But thank god we made it. Last time ill go on a holy friday! Scouts honor. Lol

[Edited on 3-28-2016 by villafontana]