BajaNomad

Dog question

measomsan - 3-26-2016 at 07:27 AM

I thought I read once there is a limit to the number you can bring into the country. When driving down how many do they allow?

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2016 at 08:55 AM

Never heard of this at the San Ysidro border but my friends who drove thru an Arizona border town were told that if they had more than two, they would have had to walk them one by one over the border.

Mexicans come up with solutions out of the box! LOL

Posted by Bob Durrell on 5-25-14:

David K - 3-26-2016 at 08:55 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=73819 (down to the 33rd reply):

Here you go

From the MX Customs Declaration

This is your Personal BAGGAGE Allowance

BAGGAGE AND DUTY FREE ALLOWANCE
Passengers may transport, exempt duty, new or used merchandises that make up their personal baggage as well as duty-free allowance merchandises:
1) Goods considered as personal baggage: Goods for personal use such as clothes - including one bride trousseau, footwear and personal toiletries and beauty products, `as long as they are appropriate for the duration of the trip; as well as baby travel, hygiene and fun accessories, such as car seat, portacrib, baby carriage, baby walker, etc., including their accessories; two cameras or video cameras, including 12 rolls of film or video cassettes; photographic material; two cellular phones or beepers or pagers; one portable typewriter; one personal organizer; one laptop, notebook, omnibook or similar; one portable photocopier or printer; one portable recorder and one projector, including accessories; two personal sports equipments, four fishing rods, three surfboards or wind surfing boards and their accessories, trophys or recognitions that can normally be transported by the passenger; one running machine and one exercise bike; one portable sound recorder or player;; one digital sound player or portable CD player and one DVD player, as well as a set of portable speakers and their accessories; five laser discs, 10 DVDs, 30 CDs or magnetic tapes, for sound playing,, three storage software and 5 storage devices for any electronic equipment; books, magazines and printed documents; five toys, including collection toys, and one video game console, as well as five video games; one blood pressure self-monitoring device and one blood glucose self-monitoring device, or a mixed device, and their reagents, as well as personal medicine (in the event of psycotropic substances, passenger must show prescription); one binoculars and one telescope; two musical instruments and their accessories; one tent and other camping articles; one set of hand tools and the suitcase, which may include one drill, tweezers, wrenches, dies, screwdrivers, cables, etc.

Passengers over 18 years may transport up to 20 cigarette packets, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco, as well as up to 3 liters of alcoholic dinks and six liters of wine.

Old persons and disabled persons may transport devices that compensate or reduce their limitations, such as walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, walking sticks, etc.

Passengers may transport up to two dogs or cats, as well as the accessories necessary for pet transportation and cleaning, showing the pertinent animal importing permit issued by Sagarpa

This is your DUTY FREE allowance

Merchandise additional to the baggage , which monetary value may be proved by invoice or sales receipt and such value doies not exceed 300 USD, or the equivalent in MXN currency when passenger enters mexico by maritime or air port; or 75 USD when passenger enters to Mexico by land. Alcholic drinks, tobaccos and gasoline may not be part of the duty-free allowance.
During holiday period, Holy Week, summer, New Year, Mexican passengers entering Mexico by land may import, under their duty-free allowance, merchandise with a value of up to 300 USD or the equivalent in MXN currency, except for persons that reside in the border. Pleas look up for the begining and end of these holiday periods at customs desk or at www.aduandas.gob.mx.

BajaBlanca - 3-26-2016 at 09:00 AM

really interesting David

karenintx - 3-27-2016 at 07:43 AM

There is a revised form that now allows three pets along with free of duty amounts of up to $500 USD by air and $300 by land.

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/normatividad/formas...

Udo - 3-27-2016 at 09:09 AM

The $300.00 USD by land duty free is per each person in the vehicle. I have been through that at Otay Mesa.

Maron - 3-27-2016 at 04:46 PM

Great info, thanks to all of the posters. I did not see any mention to the amount of beer that may be brought into Baja. Any knowledge/experience?

Thks

alacran - 3-27-2016 at 08:47 PM

Why would anybody think about taking BEER to Mexico????

Maron - 3-27-2016 at 09:11 PM

alacran

I drink Tecate and lots of it.

It is about 3 dollars cheaper for a 30 pack at Walmart in Calif than in Rosarito and 5 dollars cheaper than in Cabo. In our place in Rosarito, I have about 20 in the refer and a 30 and 36 case next to the refer.

Sooooooo with you wealth and depth of knowledge, please enlighten me as to why one would not bring beer to Mexico.

I was looking for an answer not a lot of BS.

karenintx - 3-28-2016 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Maron  
Great info, thanks to all of the posters. I did not see any mention to the amount of beer that may be brought into Baja. Any knowledge/experience?

Thks

Yes, the third paragraph from the bottom of page #2. Beer is considered an alcoholic beverage so it reads up to three liters.

Heck that's only one evening of partying...for one person!!!

Maron - 3-28-2016 at 09:17 AM

Karenintx

Thanks