BajaNomad

Bahia de San Luis Gonzaga WEATHER...

carlosg - 3-27-2016 at 02:20 PM

:?: Does anyone have info. about current (past week or so) weather and/or forecast conditions in the area?

Now that the crowds are gone we're planning on camping next week from Tuesday thru Sunday but I'm kind of concerned about strong winds, the forecast (http://sailflow.com/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#29.396,-11...) shows wind gusts up to 26 MPH late Tuesday and in to the morning.

We're hoping to launch or 16 footer and do some fishing but not with windy conditions.

Any info. is highly appreciated, we may just change our destination to avoid highg winds and head up notrh to Walter's Camp south of Blythe and explore the Colorado River instead... any which way we'll post a Trip Report on our return.

Thank you Nomads...!!! :D

willardguy - 3-27-2016 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  
:?: Does anyone have info. about current (past week or so) weather and/or forecast conditions in the area?

Now that the crowds are gone we're planning on camping next week from Tuesday thru Sunday but I'm kind of concerned about strong winds, the forecast (http://sailflow.com/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#29.396,-11...) shows wind gusts up to 26 MPH late Tuesday and in to the morning.

We're hoping to launch or 16 footer and do some fishing but not with windy conditions.

Any info. is highly appreciated, we may just change our destination to avoid highg winds and head up notrh to Walter's Camp south of Blythe and explore the Colorado River instead... any which way we'll post a Trip Report on our return.

Thank you Nomads...!!! :D

now that the crowds are gone.........?

David K - 3-27-2016 at 03:16 PM

Www.papafernandez.com

See the current weather link on the left.

woody with a view - 3-27-2016 at 03:58 PM

sailflow might not be perfectly accurate MPH wise but if it says there will be a wind event you can count on it.

carlosg - 3-27-2016 at 04:15 PM

Thanks for your input Nomads, I'm packing the truck and boat as I read these posts.

David: seems like Papa's station doesn't keep hourly track, the weather station over at Punta Final I think it does.

Woody: Sailflow does mention an event for Monday after midnight into Tuesday early morning wind in the upper 20's but I really want to think that they're off on the MPH and that it actually is lower.

I'll keep on monitoring the various websites and see what happens by tomorrow night: either we turn south or north from El Centro.

Anyone actually out in Bahia...???

Thanks.

woody with a view - 3-27-2016 at 04:35 PM

windy for a day isn't too bad. just go exploring inland until it drops. i thought i saw 35mph gusts! it'll be windy near Blythe all the same.

carlosg - 3-27-2016 at 06:53 PM

Thanks woody, I like that "with a view".... it seems like a good plan, we're staying at El Sacrificio so I don't think there will be any worries about leaving camp for a couple of hours... here we come....!!!!

redhilltown - 3-28-2016 at 12:19 AM

Hmmmmmm....Blythe/Baja...Blythe/Baja...

You made the right choice!!!