BajaNomad

PASSPORT NECESSARY FOR A NINE YEAR OLD ?

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 3-27-2016 at 04:27 PM

Hola,

is a passport necessary for a nine year old, we're going fishing in san quintin for two days staying for 5 days ?

will one also be needed to get the free fmm for the five days.

i'll get the fishing licenses for all of us over the internet.

finally, my divorced son has PRIMARY custody of his son and his ex-wife is in hawaii. is it necessary to have a letter from his ex-wife giving permission for my son to take him to baja ? without the letter, is there any reason for us not being allowed into mexico ?

i thank you in advance.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

woody with a view - 3-27-2016 at 04:28 PM

yes.

mtgoat666 - 3-27-2016 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
Hola,

is a passport necessary for a nine year old, we're going fishing in san quintin for two days staying for 5 days ?

will one also be needed to get the free fmm for the five days.

i'll get the fishing licenses for all of us over the internet.

finally, my divorced son has PRIMARY custody of his son and his ex-wife is in hawaii. is it necessary to have a letter from his ex-wife giving permission for my son to take him to baja ? without the letter, is there any reason for us not being allowed into mexico ?

i thank you in advance.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

a passport is required for all foreign human beings.

Bajaboy - 3-27-2016 at 05:06 PM

yes for a FMM...no for anything else

MICK - 3-28-2016 at 07:10 AM

You would need a passport to get an Fmm.
Some type of ID might be required to get back into the U.S. i.e.birth certificate
As for the letter how would they know or care if they were divorced?
My sons and I went fishing many times in SQ. without my wife and I never had a problem. Or were asked.
Have fun and good luck.
Mick

amigobaja - 3-28-2016 at 08:00 AM

I have brought my 9 year old grandson to Mulege at least 15 times since he was 2. No passport no visa no problems. If you're driving they can not refuse you entry back into the states. Carry your costco card for ID. Flying yes they can keep you off the planes with no passport.

tjsue - 3-28-2016 at 09:55 AM

I wouldn't risk it. Just get a passport card, much cheaper than a passport.

mtgoat666 - 3-28-2016 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by amigobaja  
If you're driving they can not refuse you entry back into the states. Carry your costco card for ID.

:lol::lol:

David K - 3-28-2016 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tjsue  
I wouldn't risk it. Just get a passport card, much cheaper than a passport.

The card is only available with a passport book, not alone. Last I checked, it was an extra $40 with the $100+ passport.

AKgringo - 3-28-2016 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
[rquote=1028921&ti

The card is only available with a passport book, not alone. Last I checked, it was an extra $40 with the $100+ passport.

Not true David! They are available without getting the book. For ages 16 and over, it is $55 for a ten year card. Under 16 years, it is $40 for a five year card.

mtgoat666 - 3-28-2016 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
[rquote=1028921&ti

Not true David! They are available without getting the book. For ages 16 and over, it is $55 for a ten year card. Under 16 years, it is $40 for a five year card.

Either is cheaper than a costco membership!

Barry A. - 3-28-2016 at 07:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
[rquote=1028921&ti

True, Goat, but you actually get stuff with a COSTCO card!!!

mtgoat666 - 3-28-2016 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
[rquote=1028921&ti

The only thing I get with just a Costco card is the samples. But I have to elbow all the free loaders out of my way, they are obese house flies hovering around the better samples, waiting for the min wage workers to place out another platter of reheated frozen food goodness.

dtbushpilot - 3-28-2016 at 07:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
[rquote=1028921&ti

The only thing I get with just a Costco card is the samples. But I have to elbow all the free loaders out of my way, they are obese house flies hovering around the better samples, waiting for the min wage workers to place out another platter of reheated frozen food goodness.

And yet, there you are elbowing them out of the way :lol::lol: That's funny right there, thanks goat!