BajaNomad

Norra 1000 in april

cliffh - 3-29-2016 at 10:47 AM

Is it going through Punta Conejo ? thanks Cliff

BajaGeoff - 3-29-2016 at 11:13 AM

Hey Cliff,

They won't release the final maps until a few days before the event kicks off.

StuckSucks - 3-29-2016 at 12:07 PM

Sat. April 23 - Tech Inspection in Ensenada
Sun. April 24 - Ensenada to Bay of L.A.
Mon. April 25 - Bay of L.A. to Loreto
Tue. April 26 - Loreto to La Paz
Wed. April 27 - La Paz to San Jose del Cabo

BooJumMan - 3-29-2016 at 02:40 PM

Agh I always feel like every time I try to plan a trip, it's perfect timing with another freaking race.

woody with a view - 3-29-2016 at 03:44 PM

Yep, me too!

Gulliver - 3-30-2016 at 11:09 AM

Yeah. I dunno whether to leave Northbound during the race and meet the support and spectator rigs head on or leave after the end and get trampled from behind. Some choice!!

I will probably wait until May 1 and just hope that there have been no serious accidents.

The racers have not been a problem for me but the hangers on are a threat to life and limb. I live in Mulege about 200 meters from the highway and it sounds like the Indy 500 up there.

There are kids and dogs on the road, guys. This is Mexico. Try planning just a bit better. The return caravans are often the worst.

cliffh - 3-30-2016 at 03:06 PM

Was hoping someone had some inside info. Conejo is a fun place to camp for a few days and rattle some cubes.

rts551 - 3-30-2016 at 03:25 PM

The NORRA race is a rally cliff. Therefore there is no pre-running or release of the course until the night before the next section.

Gulliver - 3-30-2016 at 05:41 PM

Shows how much I know about these things.

On the other hand, with no time to establish pit stops in advance, won't there be some frantic zipping about? Or are the legs short enough to obviate the need for that sort of support?

mtgoat666 - 3-30-2016 at 06:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
Yeah. I dunno whether to leave Northbound during the race and meet the support and spectator rigs head on or leave after the end and get trampled from behind. Some choice!!

I will probably wait until May 1 and just hope that there have been no serious accidents.

The racers have not been a problem for me but the hangers on are a threat to life and limb. I live in Mulege about 200 meters from the highway and it sounds like the Indy 500 up there.

There are kids and dogs on the road, guys. This is Mexico. Try planning just a bit better. The return caravans are often the worst.

:no:
:(
:mad:
:fire:
:O
:(

Pacifico - 3-30-2016 at 06:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  

Gulliver, leave on the 26th from Mulege and you should be fine...

BajaGeoff - 4-1-2016 at 11:11 AM

Gulliver,

NORRA works with MAG-7 to arrange for pit services in the more remote areas where racers will need fuel and assistance. That way the chase teams don't have to worry about traveling hours off the highway to try and refuel their race vehicle in the boonies.