BajaNomad

Retired and heading to Bahia De Los Angeles

24baja - 3-31-2016 at 06:53 AM

Brett has finally retired and we are making the 2 day trip to BOLA. Plan on staying about 10 weeks....longest trip ever! We are so excited to start this new chapter. Have found out that not only is there pavement to our house in La Gringa are but the electricity has been hooked up as well! Progress.

If any of you wonderful people make it down stop in for a cold one, we are 5 mi north of town, white 2 story house.

Brett and Connie

rhintransit - 3-31-2016 at 07:29 AM

don't know you, but know that feeling. congrats!

woody with a view - 3-31-2016 at 07:59 AM

See ya in June.

AKgringo - 3-31-2016 at 10:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 24baja  

If any of you wonderful people make it down stop in for a cold one, we are 5 mi north of town, white 2 story house.

Brett and Connie

What a generous offer! I will add you to my list of couch surfing possibilities. A large, rowdy dog isn't a problem, is it?

Just kidding, I am a happy camper, most of the time. Congratulations on the retirement, I pulled the plug six years ago.

David K - 3-31-2016 at 01:07 PM

:bounce::bounce: happy days!!

shari - 3-31-2016 at 01:47 PM

Woo hooo...I am happy for you both and will try to stop in next time we are visiting relatives there...our one of many cousins there... Ricardo Arce is the dive shop and whale shark expert there!

Have a fantastic stay and happy retirement! I totally understand how you are lovin the progress there!

24baja - 3-31-2016 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Woo hooo...I am happy for you both and will try to stop in next time we are visiting relatives there...our one of many cousins there... Ricardo Arce is the dive shop and whale shark expert there!

Have a fantastic stay and happy retirement! I totally understand how you are lovin the progress there!

Wonderful would love to meet you and we plan on seeing you for whales in Jan or Feb 2017.

Thanks everyone for well wishes, after 39 yrs as a firefighter Brett needed a break! We will both still go to wildland fires durning the summers.

BajaBlanca - 3-31-2016 at 08:17 PM

great that you both are now retired! Les has been retired for 10 years now and does not regret a second of it!

I am too but do so much that I think I don't qualify LOL

thanks for fighting those fires for us.

Alan - 4-1-2016 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Brett and Connie

What a generous offer! I will add you to my list of couch surfing possibilities. A large, rowdy dog isn't a problem, is it?

Just kidding, I am a happy camper, most of the time. Congratulations on the retirement, I pulled the plug six years ago.
Hear, Hear! I too will tip a Pacifico in honor of your accomplishment! I also retired 6 years ago and have never regretted that decision in spite of the fact that I truly loved my career as a firefighter right to the very last day. The only advice I would offer is to commit just as much energy to enjoying your retirement as you did to your career that got you to this point. So "Salut", here's to tight lines!

Martyman - 4-1-2016 at 11:12 AM

Big Congrats. See you in June on the fishing grounds.

willardguy - 4-1-2016 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Brett and Connie

Hear, Hear! I too will tip a Pacifico in honor of your accomplishment! I also retired 6 years ago and have never regretted that decision in spite of the fact that I truly loved my career as a firefighter right to the very last day. The only advice I would offer is to commit just as much energy to enjoying your retirement as you did to your career that got you to this point. So "Salut", here's to tight lines!

Salut? thats french I believe? ;)

Alan - 4-1-2016 at 12:25 PM

Lo siento... Salud

Hook - 4-2-2016 at 01:14 PM

As a side note, if I was to boat over in my diminutive Skipjack from Sonora, what time in June could I expect to meet the most Nomads? How about it Martyman, Santiago, others?

woody with a view - 4-2-2016 at 04:54 PM

First week +/-.....

Paulina - 4-3-2016 at 09:00 AM

I plan to spend the summer in Bahia. I'll be leaving soon after the Live Oak Music festival on Father's Day weekend, staying till the end of August. Any chance you'll be there then? Congrats again on your retirement.

P>*)))>{

bkbend - 4-3-2016 at 09:17 AM

You're probably here by now, Welcome! Sorry, we were gone last week and I didn't see this soon enough to warn you about the new stop sign and speed limits between town and your place.

Congrats on the retirement, but what part of retirement don't you understand? Going back and doing AD work sounds like a job to me. I'll try and find time in my busy schedule to stop by for a beer in the near future. On a windy day. I think the fish are calling tomorrow.

Alan - 4-3-2016 at 10:37 AM

Ha Ha! Nearly all of my Fed friends are still working AD. I suppose it is a good thing because they'd be hard pressed to staff the Teams without them. I considered it but decided it cut into prime fishing season too much!

David K - 4-3-2016 at 10:43 AM

'24baja' are really indeed TWO FOR BAJA!!! :bounce::light::cool:

BajaRat - 4-3-2016 at 08:29 PM

Super cool ! Congrats !

durrelllrobert - 4-5-2016 at 09:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  
I plan to spend the summer in Bahia. I'll be leaving soon after the Live Oak Music festival on Father's Day weekend, staying till the end of August. Any chance you'll be there then? Congrats again on your retirement.

P>*)))>{

Since the Music Festival ends today (March 5th) what are you doing in Florida until father's day. Does your dad live there? Do you ever come to Punta Banda anymore? Just nosie

KurtG - 4-5-2016 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

P>*)))>{

Since the Music Festival ends today (March 5th) what are you doing in Florida until father's day. Does your dad live there? Do you ever come to Punta Banda anymore? Just nosie

http://www.liveoakfest.org/

The festival near Santa Barbara is in June.

chuckie - 4-5-2016 at 02:57 PM

And today is APRIL 5th....

woody with a view - 4-5-2016 at 03:54 PM

:light:

chuckie - 4-5-2016 at 03:56 PM

:?:

durrelllrobert - 4-5-2016 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

P>*)))>{

http://www.liveoakfest.org/

The festival near Santa Barbara is in June.

At least i got the year right.

www.jambase.com/festival/aura-music-arts-festival-2016

Paulina - 4-5-2016 at 08:55 PM

Hello Robert,
The festival is in Santa Barbara county, my dad lives in my memories, and yes, I get to Punta Banda every now and then.

P>*)))>{

Bob53 - 4-6-2016 at 12:20 PM

Sorry I missed you on Sunday but I'll be knocking on your door with c-cktails in May.

24baja - 4-8-2016 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob53  
Sorry I missed you on Sunday but I'll be knocking on your door with c-cktails in May.

Absolutely, you are welcome anytime! Bring your guitar and entertain us!

larryC - 4-8-2016 at 11:26 AM

Hi Connie
My Exede dealer just wrote and said you had activated your new account. I just wanted to check in and make sure was working good. Big step up from the old Starband days. This new system should make it easier to stay longer in the Bay with the better telephone service and being able to do all your banking and stuff. Let me know how everything is working for you.

24baja - check u2u

bkbend - 4-9-2016 at 10:14 AM

Check your u2u

24baja - 4-9-2016 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Hi Connie
My Exede dealer just wrote and said you had activated your new account. I just wanted to check in and make sure was working good. Big step up from the old Starband days. This new system should make it easier to stay longer in the Bay with the better telephone service and being able to do all your banking and stuff. Let me know how everything is working for you.

Ho Larry
Had to reboot a few times last few days but working sooo good today! Love it so far.

Love to Lois and thanks again! Connie and Brett

larryC - 4-9-2016 at 05:10 PM

Not normal to have to reboot the modem, if it persists let me know and I can run a diagnostic on your system and check antenna aiming, cable resistance and some other stuff.
Glad you like it so far.
Lois is hanging in there.
Larry

acheateaux - 4-12-2016 at 05:36 AM

Congrats on the retirement. I still have 15 years on the job left to go before I join you, but man, I love being a firefighter.

We're just getting started getting deeper into Baja and will be down in a few weeks!

Doug/Vamonos - 4-18-2016 at 07:25 AM

Hi. Is your boat a Bayrunner (Oso)?

[Edited on 4-19-2016 by Doug/Vamonos]

Martyman - 4-18-2016 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
As a side note, if I was to boat over in my diminutive Skipjack from Sonora, what time in June could I expect to meet the most Nomads? How about it Martyman, Santiago, others?

I'll be there around June 1-10. There will be a few of us in at Camp Gecko. Stop on by!

Santiago - 4-18-2016 at 11:15 AM

Yes, early June is a good time to come over; camp is normally busy.